HidekiTojo
Colonel

Is there some way to display leaders by rank and/or seniority?

Sun May 18, 2014 7:13 pm

It seems to be really difficult to find out who has the most seniority I just want to have my generals listed by their seniority is there some way to do that?

Durk

Thu May 22, 2014 3:33 am

I just click on the 3 star commander column. Do you need more information than this?

Captain_Orso

Thu May 22, 2014 10:47 am

The *** column in the Units list only sorts by the Strategic-Offesive-Defensive characteristics of the leader, which put McClellan, Butler and Bank very low on the list although their seniorities are among the the highest during the first 2 years of the war; or am I missing something?

deguerra
Major

Fri May 23, 2014 10:54 am

I think there's a thread around somewhere asking for the more detailed list from AACW1 back. For the moment, what Durk suggested is about all there is (AFAIK), and it isn't terribly useful (as Captain_Orso correctly points out).

minipol
General

Fri May 23, 2014 11:55 am

The list isn't very usable as it's now.
If you sort by rank (*, ** , ***), you would expect all the 3 * generals to be on top of the list.
They aren't. That makes it's sorting behaviour weird.

Kensai

Fri May 23, 2014 3:29 pm

How many 3-star Generals do appear in your list? The list is already useful as long as it ranks them with a meritocratic criterion AND it helps avoid scrolling. I think it already fulfills that. But indeed, ranking them according to seniority would be nice as well, even if that adds another column.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

anjou
Lieutenant

Fri May 23, 2014 3:34 pm

Yes, it is rather odd

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Fri May 23, 2014 3:35 pm

its that sometimes I need to know the seniority hierarchy. The 3 star column diplays strategic ability IIRC. Honestly I'm not sure why....in AACW I'm pretty sure you could have all the generals ranked. I find it very strange that this is missing bc the game is expanded now in CWII in so many ways therefore being able to look at the generals ranked (by seniority) is imperative. At least for me. I did see that their seniority is in the tooltip but it's not nearly as useful as being able to see all of them instead of this one generals rating.

Durk

Sat May 24, 2014 5:30 am

Well, a crude way to view this information is when you can promote, which to me is the only time rank matters, you just click on the general and you see if this is the top ranked leader. If not, you get a message about who is top ranked and in what region they are. But if not promoting, all generals of the same rank are the same.

Captain_Orso

Sat May 24, 2014 3:38 pm

The Union player from mid-63 onwards has a number of generals that conflict with each other in promotions, even for Major General ranks. If I have the choice of picking between 2 Brig. Gen.s with similar qualities I used to be able to check the roster and know which one would give me fewer issues with promotion. I also always used to check the Leader AACW List of Union Commanders to see what their characteristics would be after promotion.

Without the proper tools it is that much more difficult to strategically guide the game.

tripax
AGEod Veteran

Sat May 24, 2014 3:49 pm

Also, I used to tend to put high seniority generals into more battles so that I could get their promotions out of the way. I'd prefer to promote a 3-1-1 with seniority 18 than 3-1-1 with seniority 81 after all. This is harder to do without the nice ordering.

Return to “Civil War II”