The Red Baron

Replacement Hits for Ships

Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:50 pm

Each replacement point I purchase for ships (light, heavy or transport) is enough to replace 1 element's worth of hits. The trouble is the number of hits per element is not standard across these classifications. For example, the number of hits per element for light warships are:

Gunboat = 6
Tinclad = 10
Frigate = 20

So, if I have 1 replacement point for light warships in my replacement pool and I have a frigate with only 1 out of 20 hits remaining, will that replacement point be enough restore the 19 missing hits OR would that replacement point only be sufficient to restore a maximum of 6 missing hits from a gunboat?

Altaris

Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:03 pm

IIRC, the replacement system has a 10% chance of using up a replacement for each point it heals. So if you have a Gunboat with a max of 6 that is currently at 3, the first hit will heal and have a 10% chance of consuming the replacement, then the second hit will heal and have a 10% chance of consuming the replacement, etc. So on average each replacement will heal 10 hits before being consumed, but it's variable.

If a whole sub-unit/element has to be replaced, it always uses a full replacement to do so.

Le Ricain

Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:00 pm

Generally, you should purchase replacement chits equal to 10% of hits needed. If screen 2 shows that you need to replace 20 hits on a particular unit type, purchase two chits.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

The Red Baron

Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:06 pm

Thanks for the responses. Both are good and further my understanding of the game. Sometimes I'm a little slow and it takes 1-2 tries to wrap my head around the game concepts.

Return to “Civil War II”