khbynum
Major

How about a Civil War trivia contest?

Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:14 am

While we're waiting with abated breath for AACW 2, how about a relaxing trivia contest? If you get the answer, you get to ask the next question.

I'll start. What Civil War general had Birdseye for a middle name?

Boomer
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:37 am

McPherson, of course.

Due to Jefferson Davis's handling of the war, one southern state began withdrawing its state forces from national service and actually threatened to secede from the Confederacy. Which state was it?

khbynum
Major

Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:47 am

Maj. Gen. James Birdseye McPherson is correct.

PhilThib

Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:57 am

Guys, this is a nice thing but we would like to have it a little bit better organized. So could you send to me by email (to pthibaut@ageod.net) your list of questions and the relevant answers, and we shall put that online in due time...ie. around release date or so (I'll talk with the Marketing guys here)

khbynum
Major

Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:18 pm

Georgia. I wouldn't normally answer a question in a trivia quiz thread I started, but it's obvious from the previous post that this thread is going nowhere. So now, my thread killed from On High, I'm out of here.

Boomer
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:36 pm

I always try and remain impartial towards things like this... but just... wow. No words. A few of us are trying to inject a little fun and life into this board and it gets vacuum sucked up by the marketing department. Did we violate some sort of copyright by discussing the civil war? Are we stepping on some kind of sacred cow here? I think not. I think we were just trying to bring a little fun to the forum. Sorry about that. Future posts from myself will pertain strictly to product questions and/or customer service related inquires.

Talk about a buzz kill, man.

Carnium

Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:44 pm

PhilThib probably only wanted to offer his help to organise things a bit more as we used to have such interesting quizzes in the not so distant past, where AGEOD supplied nice awards for winner(s) :w00t:
Maybe we can have an official quiz and still keep this one as it is nice to learn new things once in a while :thumbsup:

Rafiki

Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:52 pm

Guys, PT has the best of intentions. Hear him out on what he has in mind, and if you don't like the sound of it, feel free to keep on what you started here. No worries :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

khbynum
Major

Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:36 am

I've been a constant supporter of AACW and promoter of AACW 2 on this and other forums. There are a lot of people out here who know a great deal about the American Civil War and like to share it with others. Some of them were regular posters on the AACW forum, but I've not seen them here and thought that a Civil War trivia thread might prompt some of them to post here to liven up a forum dominated by devs. My mistake. I'll still buy the game, but feel disinclined to support it in any other way.

Return to “Civil War II”