lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:33 am

Each squadron costs me almost exactly $660 in money and goods. Add 15% profit and you'd get $760 per squadron. That work?

PhilThib

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:28 am

unclejoe wrote: .... Also: we don't seem to have the usual F4 Cards which would allow us to cut inflation down 1% per card.... (Steel, MfgGoods, Coal subsidies)....we only have one card, which is the one that increases inflation.

The cards that reduce inflation shows up normally when your inflation is 5% or more...is it the case. If you don't have one, I'll have to tweak the scripts to fix that.

unclejoe
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:49 pm

PhilThib wrote:The cards that reduce inflation shows up normally when your inflation is 5% or more...is it the case. If you don't have one, I'll have to tweak the scripts to fix that.

It is at 4%......it is alright. It will go back down eventually. I thought those 3 cards were there all of the time..... or be back in six months ....or their opposites.

unclejoe
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:59 pm

lukasberger wrote:Each squadron costs me almost exactly $660 in money and goods. Add 15% profit and you'd get $760 per squadron. That work?

That's steep...... but I'll take one ...... Not sure how long it will take me to get the money....I have $300 right now. A few days I suppose.

PhilThib

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:02 pm

Can't you build one yourself directly? Or is it just a "pressing" matter (i.e. you want one fast).... I have one under construction in Emden, Oldenburg right now, should be available in 30 days....usually, it needs about 3-4 months to build one (the one I refer to was started on T2)

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:01 pm

unclejoe wrote:That's steep...... but I'll take one ...... Not sure how long it will take me to get the money....I have $300 right now. A few days I suppose.

Installments are fine. $100 per turn?

You can have the squadron up front.

coolbean
Major

Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:35 am

Военное министерство
Российская Империя

[HR][/HR]
Ministry of War
Russian Empire

[HR][/HR]

Rebels have risen in the Russian Protectorate of Khiva. Though the majority of the populace is happy as Russian subjects, the rebels are citing the new railroads and Russian immigration as reasons for the uprising. The new rail lines and Russian immigrants are there for the purpose of peacefully exploiting the area's resources, bringing wealth and modernization to the area, which is admittedly disrupting the backward and nomadic lifestyle the local populace is used to. While most in the area are happy with the perks of modern society, there is of course those elements which are upset at the disruption of their old ways.

The Czar has ordered three corps of colonial infantry to the area in order to restore order. Instead of waiting for the other two corps to arrive, Gen. Kaufman chose to disobey orders and attack the rebel's positions. While Kaufman's soldiers carried the field, heavy casualties were suffered.

The other two corps arrived on the scene after the battle, and the rebels - who have been knocked on their heels - will be finished off soon. His highness has ordered the Okhrana to infiltrate the region, find the subversive elements, and root them out, so the rule of law can be maintained.

unclejoe
Lieutenant

Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:31 pm

PhilThib wrote:Can't you build one yourself directly? Or is it just a "pressing" matter (i.e. you want one fast).... I have one under construction in Emden, Oldenburg right now, should be available in 30 days....usually, it needs about 3-4 months to build one (the one I refer to was started on T2)

Was thinking that after Germany so kindly offered a less expensive older transport squadron.......
Great Britain....I previously accepted your offer .....will you be terribly offended if we reconsider? Other options have appeared. We were a bit hasty.
Yes, we have troops waiting that we would like to have in Africa..... and we understand the Natives are getting Restless :)

PhilThib

Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:03 pm

I don't want to bother Britain and won't make an offer if he needs/wants the deal.... I was just offering my last "old" transport, now cruising in the Indian Ocean (so it will be back in Antwerp only in August if we make an agreement).

The funny thing is that Germany sold almost all her initial ships but 2 at the moment....Rule Britannia :thumbsup:

unclejoe
Lieutenant

Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:38 pm

PhilThib wrote:I don't want to bother Britain and won't make an offer if he needs/wants the deal.... I was just offering my last "old" transport, now cruising in the Indian Ocean (so it will be back in Antwerp only in August if we make an agreement).

The funny thing is that Germany sold almost all her initial ships but 2 at the moment....Rule Britannia :thumbsup:

Actually we will accept both offers.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Il Messaggero, Early September 1880

Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:09 pm

AUSTRIA SIGNS NON-AGGRESSION PACT

Following the recent Treaty of Bizerte, in which France gave Tunisia to Italy and agreed to a five year non-aggression pact, the Italian Government just concluded another five year non-aggression pact with Austria-Hungary. "Our northern border is secured and we shall have peace in southern Europe for years to come," declared Prime Minister Benedetto Cairoli.

Lindi
General

Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:29 pm

No war in Europe

The France are very happy to learn the relation between Italy and Autrichia, with that for the next five years no war in Europe, Only Spain and Russia no go in diplomatique relation for no war, but the First priority of Russia if I good understand, is economie and the war is the best bad idea when you focus in economie and for finis with the good realation between Spain and France I guess no war also. Really good years for all civilization!

unclejoe
Lieutenant

Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:14 pm

Antwerp Eagle Late Oct. 1880
The Office of Economics has issued the latest information on Belgium. Inflation which had been at 5% has leaped to 12% suddenly. "They didn't have to tell us it went up!" said a patron of one of the market vendors. Prices have taken an upturn and the citizens are feeling it. Minister Van Loon was unavailable for comment.

PhilThib

Berliner Tagesblatt, October 1880

Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:39 am

Two pieces of news have retained our attention today, one here and another farther north.

The first one is not good, and is related to the economic crisis that suddenly stroke Europe in the last fortnight. Inflation in Germany has jumped to 10%, and the government just take strong and costly measures to curb it down. Let's hope similar measures will be taken by our neighbours so that the crisis cease quickly, as it's impact on all costs is damaging all economies on the continent.

The other is better. Ministerpräsident Prins Fürst von Bismarck held high level talks with the King of Sweden Oskar II during the last 3 months. On a surprise visit to the king's summer residence in Ekerö castle, nearby Stockholm, the two have agreed that Sweden and Germany should sign a defensive alliance, in order to preserve stability and peace inside the Baltic and Scandinavia. The head of state met yesterday evening and the treaty was signed, just before a gala dinner was hosted at the king's palace.

The German Baltic squadron shall set sail tomorrow to pay off a visit to the Swedish fleet off Stockholm sund in 2 days, where Prins Bismarck will board the flagship for the return trip home.

PhilThib

Treaty of Cadiz - 16 October 1880

Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:40 am

Cadiz, Spain - October 1880 – [color="#FFA500"]German-Spanish Colonial, Naval and Trade Agreement [/color]
Following the recent tensions that occurred in the island of Sao Tome off the coast of Kamerun, and in nearby Mbini region, the governments of Spain and Germany have concluded an agreement for the sharing of their respective influence and intervention in Africa, more or less dividing the continent along the equatorial divide, i.e. all of the lands north of Kamerun, Centrafica & Kenya being under Spanish jurisdiction, and the south being under Germany’s. Both nations pledge to respect in the future their respective colonial holdings.
All Spanish assets in former Spanish Guinea are transferred entirely to Germany, in exchange of which a squadron of German ironclad battleships will be immediately transferred to the Spanish Navy in Cadiz, where Spaniard crews and officer shall take over.
Last but not least, the German trade houses have made a long deal commitment to Spanish traders to purchase 15,000 tons of merchandise (mostly sugar and tobacco) from the Andalusian warehouses. This commercial agreement shall last at least for 5 years.

From Reuters

---------

Game Effect

A – Germany and Spain have defined spheres of action and limitations in the colonial domain as follows:
- Neither party shall make any colonial action in the protectorate or colonies of the other
- Neither party shall make any colonial action in the other party attributed sphere of influence, namely:
* Germany shall not intervene in Africa north of the Kamerun/Centrafica/Kenya colonies
* Spain shall not intervene in Africa south of that same line.

B - The Spanish influence, existing establishments and penetration in former Spanish Guinea is transferred entirely and immediately to Germany. All Spanish colonial actions there will be immediately terminated.

C – Germany will buy in South Spain trade zone, for the next five years, 15 merchandises, including 5 Sugar and 5 Tobacco (provided Spain ensure supply of same).

D – Germany will transfer to Spain an Ironclad Battleship squadron (Spain shall supply the officers and crew) in Cadiz late October 1880 as payment of point B above.

unclejoe
Lieutenant

Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:43 am

Antwerp Eagle Nov. 1880
Belgian and European economic woes continue, but have subsided somewhat as inflation has dropped from 12% to 7% over the past weeks.

unclejoe
Lieutenant

Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:50 pm

Communique of Foreign Minister Van Loon to all Nations
Belgium is considering declaring war on some African tribe(s) in the near future - in the Congo area. We wonder if any Nation has any objection to this? These are People we are bringing Civilization and Increased Economies to and will be bettering their lives and see this as the bringing the Greatest Benefit to the Greatest Number of People.
We ask, as we are Essentially a Neutral Nation.

PhilThib

Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:50 am

Germany has no objection that our Belgian friends and neighbours bring the lights of civilization to the heathens in the center of the Dark continent.
What we, and spain, experienced in Kamerun, is that large presence of European troops is sometimes sufficient not only to gain control (without war, provided the region has no troops/city), but also sometimes to provoke the natives into declaring war by themselves (as happened to us in the Teke-Duala chiefdom)...so technically you are not the agressor and still respect your 'neutral' status...

Jim-NC

Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:48 pm

At this time, America takes no stance in regards to the African Continent.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coolbean
Major

Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:13 pm

Treaty of Kabul
[HR][/HR]
For the purposes of avoiding conflict and settling the groundwork for economic cooperation, the governments of the Russian Empire and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland have met and laid out the following terms;

- Britain won't contest Russia declaring a protectorate in Afghanistan.

- Russia agrees to only station one brigade-sized unit in each province of the area of Afghanistan (for the purpose of removing the revolt risk), and otherwise leave the area de-militarized.

- In order to verify the de-militarization, Russia will give Britain passage and supply rights, and allow British brigades to enter and be stationed in Afghanistan.

- Britain has the sole rights to build trade posts in Afghanistan, and all Russian trade posts in Afghanistan are to be transferred to Britain upon the declaration of a protectorate.

- Russia and Britain recognize and will not interfere in each others Asian colonies.

- Russia and Britain conclude a Commercial Agreement.

- Russia and Britain conclude a five-year renewable NAP.

PhilThib

Herrero Uprising

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:01 am

The Herrero tribe of southwest Africa has risen in revolt against German forces in Windhoek. It is reported that their motives were the increase in German presence in the nearby coastal areas and, recently, the arrival of new German colonists in the region of Namib.

PhilThib

Soirée at Schloss Kalisz

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:34 am

In a surprise move from Kaiser Willem I, the emperors of Prussia, Russia and Austria-Hungary met at a private dinner and party in the castle of Kalisz, near the Germano-Russo-Austrian border in western Poland. it is rumored the reunion was prepared in utmost secrecy by the private secretaries of the monarchs, and the respective ministers and foreign affairs secretaries were not informed.

However, a few wonder if the hand of Prins Bismarck is not behinf the meeting.

Nevertheless, the sovereigns reaffirm the friendly relations between their respective countries and their commitments to peace and balance of power, especially in Europe

PhilThib

War in South West Africa Continues!

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:39 am

The uprising of the Herrero tribe in Namibia continues. A column of German colonial troops, led by Hauptman Clemens Bernhardis was ambused in the Odiene steppe just east of the recent encampment of Windhoek. After the initial confusion, the German Mausers proved their effectiveness and defensive fire repulsed the assaulters.

The SWA Schutzen have been given orders to pursue, while field brigades are sent from the coastline to the interior and new Askaris raised in Kamerun just landed in desolated Skeleton coast, next to the Kalahari desert.

Instructions were received from the Kolonial Amt in Berlin to eradicate once and for all this menace and ensure conquest of the Herrero lands.

unclejoe
Lieutenant

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:01 pm

PhilThib wrote:Germany has no objection that our Belgian friends and neighbours bring the lights of civilization to the heathens in the center of the Dark continent.
What we, and spain, experienced in Kamerun, is that large presence of European troops is sometimes sufficient not only to gain control (without war, provided the region has no troops/city), but also sometimes to provoke the natives into declaring war by themselves (as happened to us in the Teke-Duala chiefdom)...so technically you are not the agressor and still respect your 'neutral' status...

This information is much appreciated. The German Goodwill is becoming legendary!

PhilThib

Akwa Vertrag - 1881

Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:44 pm

[color="#DAA520"]Akwa Vertrag [/color]- 2 Februar 1881

--------

Akwa, Deutsche Kamerun - February 1881 - Minutes of the Treaty signed between the Chambre de Commerce Franco-Allemande de Lorraine and the Deutsche Westafrikanische Handelskompanie
A deputation of French businessmen from Nancy has arrived at this small colonial border town bewteen the German commercial establishments of Kamerun and the current establishment of Congo Français. They met there representatives of their German coutnerparts for Kamerun.
The treaty signed ensured an exchange of shares and participation between the French Société du Gabon and the Deutsche Westafrikanische Handelskompanie. In exchange of ownership all French holdings in Gabon and Congo, the French delegation has acquired full ownership of the Longwy coal mine enterprises in Lorraine.
The German commercial partners paid 2,000,000 Deutsche Mark for their acquisition.
The deal was supervised by the presence of officials from both governments, respectively Gouverneur Pierre-Henry Charron for France and Herr Gustav Nachtigal, Reichkomissar für Westafrika. France agreed to cover and guarantee the balance of taxes owed to the German government by the private investors, in exchange of German government guarantee of cash immediate payment of the purchase.

This new commercial agreement is in the direct succession of the one signed last 15th February 1880 between Chargeurs SA company of France, now operating 'Charbonages de Gandrange' and the German ‘Komoren Gesselschaft' incorporated at the Lübeck stock exchange.

Reuters Business News & Agence France-Presse

---------

Game Effect

A - All German coal mine (value £3,500) in Lorraine removed and transferred to France. France pays 300$ State funds in coverage of lost taxes
B - The French colony of Gabon & Congo is transferred to Germany. Germany pays 2,000£ private capital.

Jim-NC

Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:03 pm

The American Government will be going on vacation for 1 month, beginning late March. We ask that all countries delay important cables/requests to our government during that time.

Signed,
President Hayes

(OOC - I am camping with the Boy Scouts, and will not submit turns for Saturday or Sunday processing. I will be able to submit for Monday processing as normal).
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coolbean
Major

Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:20 pm

Министерство внутренних дел
Российская Империя
[HR][/HR]
Ministry of Internal Affairs
Russian Empire
[HR][/HR]

The Emperor has been assassinated!

His Highness, Alexander III has ascended the throne and vowed to bring all of the criminals involved in the plot to justice!

Lindi
General

Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:14 pm

Tribal Tunisia Force

The France have offert free help to Italy for stop rebellions in Tunisia, Italy refuse, France said only keep the tribal force in Tunisia not in Algeria, now he have army of rebelle Force in Algeria and 2 357 men of French army is dead for what?

France requires the rapid resolution to problems. Also Italy need to said official excuse for the 2 357 men of French dead in this fight.

Signé
Jules Grévy
Président de la république Française.

[ATTACH]22253[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Tunesie.JPG

bjfagan
General of the Army

Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:59 am

The Italian Government wishes to express its regret at the loss of so many French soldiers. Unfortunately, the local forces slipped across the border into Algeria before we could engage them in battle and destroy them. However, thanks to the assistance provided by France, Tunisian rebels have laid down their arms and returned home.

Lindi
General

Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:53 am

Tunisia

With the Fast resolution the France is very happy and thank to Italy government for the fast answer

Signé
Jules Grévy
Président de la république Française.

Return to “[PON] World in Conflict - Diplomacy & News Thread”