Here is the HAN 1.01 patch "release candidate"
This patch is, in principle, compatible with games started with version 1.00 (release version), although some changes will not apply to an ongoing game.
It comes in zip format. Simply unzip it anywhere you want and run the enclosed EXE file, making sure it is "pointing" to your installation folder (default is C:\Games\Hannibal Terror of Rome)
Barring unforseen problems or last minute changes, this is going very soon to Slitherine/Matrix for "official" publishing. In other words, our work in this patch is in principle finished and closed.
Below the changelog (in yellow changes made since the beta patch):
[color="#40E0D0"]List of HAN patch main changes
[color="#FFFF00"]NEW EXE (dated 06/10/14)
- Several improvements of generic AI code, namely, buy not restricted to, siege and supply handling.
- Modding: music sound volume can now be tweaked: inoMusicVolume; Verbosity_AI_BNU_ for verbosity in Build New Units[/color]
- Added an extended detail panel for units with more than 13 elements
[color="#FFFF00"]- Increased max level of zoom (thanks, Bohémond !)
- Modding: Military control overlay can be displayed with subfactions colors and not only factions (in userinterface.opt file, put inoSubfactionForMCOverlay = 1)[/color]
SCENARIOS AND DB FIXES
[color="#FFFF00"]- Increase cost of SPQ legions' line and legatus replacements[/color]
- Fix of a DB error that caused too short build times for some militia units
[color="#FFFF00"]- Punish RGD does not give NM bonus anymore
- Arretium fort level reduced to 1
- Rework of several events to fix a rare issue when some leaders could not be recognized as being in-play if merged with a unit[/color]
[color="#FFFF00"]- Hannibal's "Eagle Eye" tactical ability rework (Romans beware...!)
- "Screener" ability given to "young" Hannibal
- Fix to "resurrection" bug of Scipio Africanus as -205 BC Consul if he is previously killed.[/color]
- Fix to the Venetii and Cenomanii auxiliaries and allliance with Rome events
[color="#FFFF00"]- Fix to Syracuse abandons neutrality if Sicily invaded event
- Fix to the Impregnable Liguria event
- Fix to the six new legions option (SPQ legion and alae FP fixes)
- Fix to the Syracusean Trierarchos replacement event[/color]
- Mutina now has a level 1 depot
- Further AI script improvements (always a work in progress...)
SPW219 and SPW218 scenarios
- Remove NM conditions for Insubrian revolt (it will occur much more frequently now)
[color="#FFFF00"]- Freedmen legions option available only from January -216 BC[/color]
- several small tweaks to the Illyrian war chain of events and to Roman AI interest in Pharos
- Fix to consequences of Roman failure to win the Illyrian war, [color="#FFFF00"]including a fix to Demetrios alliance with Philippos event[/color]
[color="#FFFF00"]- Fix to some rare circunstances of war never starting[/color]
- Scipio senior will be Proconsul in -217 BC
- Fix to some Alpine regions that were wrongly locked
- Added Muttines and his Numidian cavalry to Hannibal's army[/color]
- Taurasia now is a city level 3 and has a level 2 depot
[color="#FFFF00"]- Fix to Aeronestes suicide event[/color]
[color="#FFFF00"]Illyrian war scenario
- Fix to some of the consequences of Illyrian victory over the Dardanians[/color]
- If you own Alea Jacta Est (with or without Parthian Wars) and/or Birth of Rome, you can select and play all the scenarios of those games from the Hannibal menu, updated to latest patch)[/color]
Some further notes:
- Besides several bug fixes and AI improvements (hopefully), I would say the main changes of this patch pertain to gameplay balance.
Now, the "young" Hannibal (ie, during roughly the first half of the 2nd Punic War) is IMHO a truly fearsome commander. Specially, his "Eagle Eye" tactical ability has been pumped up, and in my testing (playing both sides vs AI, tribune level), an army led by Hannibal, in good supply and cohesion, is capable of utterly defeat an equivalent roman army. Even outnumbered, he will usually win his battles, with huge roman losses. This will make very risky for the romans to attack him head-on, but this seems to balance nicely with the almost inexhaustible manpower of the romans and their ability to get or recruit new legions, specially when the war is turning against them, and with the difficulty of Hannibal to conquer the largest roman cities.
Also, Hannibal's subordinates do not share his genius, so other Carthaginian armies or detachments are absolutely not so "invincible".
Other significant gameplay changes are: the increased cost of roman line and legatus replacements and the decrease of the fort level of Arretium (creating a more easy way of Hannibal to break out of Cisalpina without getting bogged in endless sieges).
These changes have not been tested in PBEM, so all feedback is more than welcome.
- Although compatible with ongoing saved games (ie, it will not crash them), some changes of this patch will not take effect - specially Hannibal's abilities will not be changed unless you start a new game.
- If you play HAN scenarios via AJE or BOR, the changes in this patch do not take effect. This will be the case, though, with the official AJE and BOR 1.04 patches, soon to be released.
Hope you enjoy !
Please give feedback, we will always try to fix reported bugs and improve this game !