[color="#FF0000"]WARNING: THERE IS A BUG IN THIS PATCH THAT CAUSES A CRASH IN MULTICHOICE EVENTS (CAESAR VS POMPEY SCENARIO, MARIUS VS SULLA, SEVERUS). A NEW PATCH WILL CORRECT THIS SHORTLY. SORRY[/color]
Below the link for the new AJE 1.03 public beta patch.
It comes as part of the work leading to the imminent release of Parthian Wars expansion, and prepares Alea Jacta Est for it, but it includes many improvements and fixes for AJE scenarios and gameplay.
As usually, we do not expect major problems (although this patch may not be compatible with saved games with previous versions), but if you do not wish to try a beta patch, you can wait for the official release of patch 1.03.
I would like specially to bring to your attention the changes made in the post-Marius legions (no intrinsic cavalry - there were none historically) and the increased detect value of almost all cavalry, which we feel is not only more historical, but will also improve gameplay experience, and also the new subfaction filter available in recruitment mode, thanks to a great work by Picaron
> AJE patch 1.03 RC:
- Reduce tendency of "wild" cavalry raids
- AI cavalry forces less prone to stay in a siege
- Fix to a bug in development level in regions
- Added functionality, SHIFT now shows the region links of the region below the cursor (if no Stack is selected).
- Additional stacks in same region now get the name of their leader in the region tooltip (the 'Also there' lines)
- Movement path is now color coded
and a lot more small fixes
- New faction icons in Unit recruitment mode (thanks, Picaron !)
- Small tweak to assets icons in main screen (EP now are represented by the bolt)
SCENARIOS AND DB FIXES
- Removed cavalry element from "post-Marius" legions
- Changed VP values of Roman cohorts (from 10 to 3) and legatus (from 10 to 20)
- Light Infantry, Skirmisher and Raider models hide value lowered to 2
- Changed Cav detect value to 4 for most models (5 for the expert scout nations)
Marius vs Sulla scenario:
- Fixes to Lucullus Odyssey events: Cyprus and Aegyptus exercitus are no longer unlocked if respective fleets ally with Optimates; correction to percentage of chance of missions in Cyrene (50) and Egypt (10)
The Roman Civil War (Caesar vs Pompey) scenario:
- Lagid armies will be unlocked if Caesar invades Egypt (will prevent later historical chain of options related to Pompey fleeing to Egypt)
- Pompey dilemna message broadcasted
- Fix to consequences of Pompey strategic choice if not chosen by the player
- Small fix to consequences of the "Pompey goes West" choice: loyatly will now be increased by 25 in Hispania and by 10 in Africa
- Fix to double Galatian leader (Kastor)
Septimius Severus scenario
- Small fix to Severus choice consequences if not chosen by the player
Parthian Wars expansion:
- Data (events, options, etc) for all scenarios
Due to database changes patch 1.03 will not be, in principle, guaranteed compatible with saved games
Also, some changes will not be applied yet to the "old" DLC scenarios (Spartacus and Cantabrian Wars), like the removal of cavalry from legions
- If you have an ongoing game in 1.02b and wish to continue it, we recommend that you do not apply patch 1.03.
- The Parthian Wars expansion will require patch 1.03 to function correctly. It WILL NOT work in previous versions of AJE