BigDuke66
General

Strange battle results & invasions

Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:44 pm

Well info after the turn noted that we took 17 hits, in the detailed battle report(Battle of Nola) I only see that the enemy took 6 hits and we didn't even loose a single soldier.

Please look also at my Crete invasion battles(Cnossos 1st 7th March, 2nd 12th April).
In my landing the detailed battle report showed the red symbol for "Your men landed on a beach under enemy fire" but the pirates also had this symbol despite being already on the island.
In the current turn a pirate force landed and same thing happened again, my troops were already their on land having control of the province(besieging the city) and again showed the red symbol for "Your men landed on a beach under enemy fire", shouldn't this only be shown for the side that actually lands under enemy fire?

[ATTACH]21172[/ATTACH]
Attachments
1-MariusSulla870.zip
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 191 times
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

Pocus

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am

The main battle report has a few calculations errors we believe. I say 'we believe' because it starts to have some age and we want to rewrite it for AACW2, so we won't investigate these errors right now.

As for landing, you get that provided you are landing (duh!) and have a low military control. Can this explain the situation? If both side have low MC and they both land, each can get that.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

BigDuke66
General

Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Will we see the battle report rewrite incorporated into AJE?

Well I was landing so why I get this is clear but why should he get this when his units where on the Island for many turns so a low MC doesn't seem to be possible?
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

Return to “Help to improve AJE”