crash in BoR: Marius vs Sulla scenario

Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:07 am

Game: Birth of Rome
Scenario: Marius vs Sulla
Playing as Marius vs computer opponents

Computer
Processor: AMD FX 6100 Six-Core Processor
Memory: 16 GB

Same crash as previously. I had pressed the button for the next turn, and while the turn was processing, an error message appeared indicating a critical error.

Here are the "Save" and "Log" files.
Attachments
Logs.zip
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 199 times
1-MariusSulla870.zip
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 176 times

Ahenobarbus
Lieutenant

Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:10 pm

On doit jouer sur AJE et non sur BOR.
[CENTER]@@@ :D Belge et fier de l'être !!!@@@[/CENTER]
Je joue à [color="#cc0033"]Alea Jacta Est (AJE)[/color] - [color="#cc0033"]Birth of Rome (BOR)[/color] - [color="#cc0033"]Revolution Under Siege (RUS)[/color]
AAR's : Bellum Samniticum Tertium (BOR) - Un fauteuil pour deux (AJE)

Franciscus

Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:16 pm

Hi

Again, I am unable to reproduce your crash...

1. AJE scenarios can be played without any issue via BOR, if you own both games, both patched to latest patch, so that is NOT a problem

2. The logs seem to indicate an "insufficient RAM" issue, which is of course not reasonable in your system. I will forward your post to Pocus, maybe he can tell more

Sorry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hrothgar
Lieutenant

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:41 am

Someone on the Matrix forum suggested reloading a backup save and going from there. He also suggested exiting the game after every six or so turns, as that has cut down the crashes he experiences. He thought it might be some sort of memory leak.

I've been following his advice, and I haven't had any crashes, except when I forget and play too many turns without exiting the game. This is somewhat bothersome, but at least I can play the scenarios to a conclusion.

Thanks for your response. I hope Pocus can determine what's causing this.

Pocus

Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:32 am

When you crash, please post your mainlog file so I can check if there is a memory leak. Some system specs are also more sensitive to these problems.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Hrothgar
Lieutenant

Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:55 pm

OK, Pocus. I did post the Log folder for the freeze I experienced in the Cantabrian Wars scenario, and I'll try to remember to do so for future problems.

Hrothgar
Lieutenant

Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:00 pm

In case anyone looks at this, I want to let you know that the problem seems to occur only in the large scenarios. I end up having to exit the game and restart frequently to avoid the crashes.

In smaller games--the Parthian Wars, for example--I don't seem to encounter this problem. I haven't been able to play even the smaller scenarios in one sitting, so it's possible that, if I played enough turns in a row, it would happen again, but so far, there's no problem except with the larger scenarios.

Bohémond

Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:45 am

In your posted log the memory usage in last played turn was 1 GB, first one was 800 MB.

Do you have some background applications running while you play ?

Does the replay features is set to ON ?

Regards
Marco, perché vai così forte in salita?» «Per abbreviare la mia agonia.

Hrothgar
Lieutenant

Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:30 pm

Bohémond,

I usually have a browser window open, as well as my email program. However, neither of those should use much memory sitting idle.

I do not have the replay feature on.

I have the game set to allow it maximum access to my memory, which would seem to give it plenty of resources to run properly.

Thanks.

Franciscus

Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:21 pm

In some systems it's better the opposite way: make the game use only 25% or less memory.

Maybe you could try it ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hrothgar
Lieutenant

Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:48 am

Ok, I'll try that. By the way, this is really an excellent game. I haven't been able to tear myself away from it. Looking forward to more DLC. Thanks, all of you.

Return to “AJE Technical support / Aide technique”