ragram
Civilian

Fatal Freeze

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:42 pm

I have been getting complete freezes that always suddenly occur when preparing my moves, always at a moment I right-click on a menu. Usually I can go a few turns before it happens, but this last time I only got into planning a move on a game I had just continued. The game has become unplayable, which I regret because it is a well-conceived game. I have been playing Sulla in Sulla v. Marius. My saves folder is too big for the forum to allow it to be uploaded. I couldn't really save the game anyway because the whole computer was completely frozen, requiring a reboot. I could not CTL-ALT-DEL or shift-tab out of the freeze. I have notice that when the freeze occurs the cursor indicator(the hand with a finger extended) changes so it looks like a low-resolution sprite from the old DOS days, but the map and other pieces are unchanged. My computer is 16 gb memory running win7 64 with a 4820 intel cpu. I use only 1 monitor for this game. Any ideas?
Attachments
Scripts.zip
(1.97 MiB) Downloaded 127 times
Logs.zip
(510 Bytes) Downloaded 142 times

Pocus

Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:28 pm

This is most probably an hardware error, hard freeze can't be generated by the gameplay code itself, unless a nasty bug eating away all memory.

Can you please try to see if the game is more stable by pushing to the left these options: Memory Usage, Max. Texture Size, in the System tab of the Options Window, Main Menu?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

ragram
Civilian

Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:24 pm

Will do.

Update: seems to have been related to video card driver. I updated that and have had no glithches in several hours of play. Thanks.

Return to “AJE Technical support / Aide technique”