Agesilaus
Corporal

Replay feature doesn't work

Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:04 pm

I am unable to view the replays on my current game of Birth of Rome. This is my first multiplayer experience, so I haven't encountered this problem before.

Basically, my opponent emails me a replay file (we have tried compressed and uncompressed) and a .trn file. I place both files into my save folder (I extract the replay file if it is compressed). I then start the game, and I click the replay button in the top right corner. The game pauses for a little while, and then the map partially disappears/corrupts and only a single province or two is displayed. If I move the mouse and shift the camera, the map reappears in its entirety and the game continues on its way. No turn is ever replayed.

So, any suggestions on how to fix this problem? The replay function doesn't work at all in singleplayer, but I never use it there anyway.

arsan

Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:23 pm

That's strange. I'm currently playing a couple of PBEM on AJE 1.02b and replay feature works ok.

On single player you have to select the create replay option on the options menu or the game will not create a replay file (usually is not needed at all on singleplayer, and unchecking the option speeds the turn process time).
But obviously this is not the problem on your PBEM game, as your opponent send you a replay file, so he must have the replay option already enabled.

Emx77

Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:45 am

arsan wrote:That's strange. I'm currently playing a couple of PBEM on AJE 1.02b and replay feature works ok.

On single player you have to select the create replay option on the options menu or the game will not create a replay file (usually is not needed at all on singleplayer, and unchecking the option speeds the turn process time).
But obviously [color="#FFFF00"]this is not the problem on your PBEM game, as your opponent send you a replay file[/color], so he must have the replay option already enabled.

On contrary, this is probably a problem. I had same issue as Agesilaus and it was resolved after I enabled "create replay" in options. This need to be activated in order to replay turn, no matter who is host and who has created replay file.

arsan

Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:01 am

Thanks for the info! I didn't knew you needed to enable the option to watch replays too :bonk:

Agesilaus
Corporal

Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:23 pm

Huh, thanks guys, I will report back as soon as I am e-mailed the files for the next turn & replay. Hopefully the problem will be solved!

Agesilaus
Corporal

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:14 am

It solved the problem, the replay function works great now that I activated the option in the settings menu. Thank you!

Return to “AJE Technical support / Aide technique”