I have a few newbie questions that I'd appreciate if you could help with (I read manual several times and this forum):
1. The manual says that naval ships will give supply to troops in neighboring land tile. This has been contradicted in several places. Does anyone know if they actually do?
2. How is supply calculated with a moving unit? Is it by day? For example, if I start in a region with 10 supply and at day 15 I move to a region with 20 supply, will I grab one half of the 10 supply and one half of the 20 supply? Or is supply like replacement where its generated the first day only.
3. The manual states that loyalty >51% in regions with no units will slowly increase military control. I have not once seen this to be the case, but was wondering if the manual is wrong or I'm missing something.
4. Are any of the development decisions worth it, even in long scenarios? Trading money for development seems bad, but not sure.
5. What is the best use of cavalry? I know heavy cavalry can charge, so I believe they are good in combat units, but for light cavalry I've been using them to grab MC ahead of my main forces to try and slow down the enemy. Any other suggestions?
6. Is detection calculated every day? For example, let's say I have a unit in a region set to offensive with no move planned. If there is a currently hidden enemy unit in the region, is there a chance during any of the days in the turn for him to appear and fight my unit because of my offensive stance? Or because he was hidden on day 1, he is hidden the entire turn?