Pocus

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:20 am

Marcelo wrote:I am very glad to see Ageod going back to where its strength lies...very detailed (not to mention pretty) campaigns/scenarios as opposed to grand/long-term strategy. They would need another engine for that, I believe.

I want to see more games like RoP, WIA, ACW, NCs, etc.. in the market and only Ageod seems to be making them. AJE seems to be right on spot so I will certainly be a customer.

Good luck Philippe(s) with the new enterprise.

Marcelo

Not necessarily another engine, but an engine with more time put into optimizing it. For PON admittedly we had to do too much things on too many topics and a few extra months could have helped immensely the game, but this is history now.

AJE has been developed by Bohemond and El Nino (real names are Stéphane and Stéphane :) ). We the Philippe leased the engine mostly.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Bohémond

Storms

Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:49 pm

For those who want to know if the Mare Nostrum is a safe place to sail (New feature ; Map Aleas).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

yellow ribbon

Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:10 pm

may i take the liberty and say, its also a good example for the simulation of a great many of different factions interacting in a geographical small spot...

PS:

good you said its about the Aleas, someone could remember the historical chapter of "Caesar and the Pirates" few years later :wacko:
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

Marcelo
Conscript

Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:45 pm

Pocus wrote:AJE has been developed by Bohemond and El Nino (real names are Stéphane and Stéphane :) ). We the Philippe leased the engine mostly.

It took me a few months to realise (yes, I AM that distracted) that there were two Philippe back in Pax Romana days (or was it ACW? Too old to remember). Now it will be all over again : )

Searry
Colonel

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:10 pm

Bohémond wrote:For those who want to know if the Mare Nostrum is a safe place to sail (New feature ; Map Aleas).

I finally noticed the minimap. Why is the map that big? Will there be dlc's for example to give us the Gallian conquest, British conquest, etc. Maybe even a later scenario which could show us the "barbarian" invasions? If enough people buy the game is there a possibility of a Dominate era GC with court intriques etc?

PhilThib

Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:05 pm

Searry wrote:I finally noticed the minimap. Why is the map that big? Will there be dlc's for example to give us the Gallian conquest, British conquest, etc. Maybe even a later scenario which could show us the "barbarian" invasions?

That's the plan indeed :thumbsup:

Gen. Monkey-Bear
Lieutenant Colonel

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:58 pm

Brilliant. Keep up the good work.

ribaluigi
Sergeant

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:18 pm

I've recently found on ParadoxPlaza a series of video-tutorial for HoI III. I have really appreciated them because I found that, as a new player, they helped me a lot figuring out what is going on and how to deal with the game.

In this regard, do you plan to release some sort of video-tutorial covering the basic aspect of AJE?

It's way easier to learn how to play with someone explaining you than reading the manual.

Best,

Luigi

As a matter of fact you can find the HoI III tutorials here.

yellow ribbon

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:03 pm

its about what you can show in this videos, for pride of nations there were on youtube and in strategy forums a couple of them, but most players were not able to make the jump into the game.

some AAR of the first turns of the largest campaign might help for AIE, merely tactical, not telling where you will be hit by the AI...
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

ribaluigi
Sergeant

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:24 pm

May I suggest a couple of videos I would like to see:
1) a brief explanation on the interface;
3) a discussion on leader abilities;
3) a talk about postures, i.e. for example the same battle fought with a couple of different combination of postures;
4) a slow explanation of one turn.

These are just suggestion but I think that, at least point 4), would be worthwhile to produce.

yellow ribbon

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:06 pm

i think we have a better place to discuss it over there. the "if" and what in detail.

in generally this are the most important points i all their games, true.

shall i look for any open source on-screen-recorder and hand it over to you... :thumbsup:
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

Bison
Conscript

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:30 am

Sorry if this question has already been addressed.

Is there going to be work done to increase the font size of text in game? As the resolution of screens goes up and my eyes age the text in games like WIA, ROP is almost unreadable at times.

Thanks.

Pocus

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:08 am

Not for this game sorry...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

yellow ribbon

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:56 pm

Pocus wrote:Not for this game sorry...

theoretically the modifications of PON should work or not?

do you think manually adjusting for at least the log will create problems? if not i dig out the old posts... :indien:
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

Pocus

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:05 pm

There is no official modifications for PON. Perhaps you speak of Eriss' work?

yellow ribbon

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:41 pm

Pocus wrote:There is no official modifications for PON. Perhaps you speak of Eriss' work?

since when modifications are official?

yes, ERISS always complained and changed the fonts given knowledge from different game, i think. others used a couple of tricks either like the windows internal magnifier... plenty of discussion here and PAR.

time to get such things into "WIKI" or everyone has to look it up again and again :wacko:
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:53 pm

Here: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?21412-Big-DPI-fonts
It should be usefull for all Ageod games (if you edit their fonts and display files), even A.J.E.

Bison
Conscript

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:52 am

OK Pocus thanks. Hopefully this will be address in a future engine upgrade. I already do the resize of text dpi and have done resolution too, but honestly it's not a major improvement in the text size. Thanks for the help gents.

Bohémond

More Options

Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:16 pm

For those who want to know how to keep people loyal and increase your faction morale.

Person of Interest

Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:18 pm

Nice! I like these inner working and political maneuvers that are required to keep the volcano of Rome from blowing up. It wouldn't be Rome without them.

Ilitarist
Sergeant

Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:11 pm

Bohémond wrote:For those who want to know how to keep people loyal and increase your faction morale.

Why do you need all those 1/10, 2/10 etc?

Bohémond

Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:17 pm

Ilitarist wrote:Why do you need all those 1/10, 2/10 etc?

Because there are 10 options available of the same kind but ledger page only shows 6 of them.

Regards

Bodhis
Corporal

Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Sorry if this question has already be answered, but do we have any infos when and where we can pre-order? I have nearly all my AGEODs at gamersgate and I would be glad of extending this collection.

koningtiger
Lieutenant

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:32 am

Guys, you should research a bit about cost of things in that time. Thing in gold Talents more than denarii. 100 denarii a bread distribution campaign?

And run please, i am finishing the Masters of Rome series. All screenshots are superb, congratulations to the team. :)

PhilThib

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:35 am

Bodhis wrote:Sorry if this question has already be answered, but do we have any infos when and where we can pre-order? I have nearly all my AGEODs at gamersgate and I would be glad of extending this collection.

Announcements about release date and pre-order will come by mid-August, most likely after the Cologne game show :cool:

Searry
Colonel

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:42 am

koningtiger wrote:Guys, you should research a bit about cost of things in that time. Thing in gold Talents more than denarii. 100 denarii a bread distribution campaign?

The prices have always been abstracted. At least it's a round number.

PhilThib wrote:Announcements about release date and pre-order will come by mid-August, most likely after the Cologne game show :cool:

Good news everyone! :love:

PhilThib

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:57 am

Searry wrote:The prices have always been abstracted. At least it's a round number.

Yes, if you read the tooltips, prices are expressend in "Thousands of Denarii", so it's a rather hefty sum ;)

In addition, experience shows players work better with and appreciate the round figures, with progressive costs, like 10, 50, 100 progression for instance...

yellow ribbon

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:17 am

PhilThib wrote:Yes, if you read the tooltips, prices are expressend in "Thousands of Denarii", so it's a rather hefty sum ;)

In addition, experience shows players work better with and appreciate the round figures, with progressive costs, like 10, 50, 100 progression for instance...

yeap, one of the few occasions i am not cheated by my eyes from any 99-cents-price to buy more... and designers are paid in saved-games anyway
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

Kornilov
Private

Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:11 pm

Hello gents,
will this game support multicore cpu's and 64 bit OS?

yellow ribbon

Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:24 pm

Kornilov wrote:Hello gents,
will this game support multicore cpu's and 64 bit OS?

i cant tell you, but have another information:

if anyone is concerned about waiting time like PON, even on my PC from 2002 (with slow GPU) the game runs fast and smooth , so the impact of multicore will not be "that" significant...
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”