FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:56 am

Hope don't need a patch in the first month :mdr:
[color="#FF8C00"][/color]Eylau 1807

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

yellow ribbon

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:08 am

FENRIS wrote:Hope don't need a patch in the first month :mdr:

in my humbly private opinion (you know the vow of silence for beta testers): [color="#FF0000"]NO! [/color]

:p oke:
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

PhilThib

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:28 am

And even if there was one, it would be a good sign that the team is closely following its product and ensure quick and pertinent response to players legitimate requests....but for what I have seen from the game to date, the quality and stability is really excellent :thumbsup:

yellow ribbon

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:41 am

come on, its more than excellent...

[color="#FFFF00"]Phil, do you the team plan any kind of banner we can use for signature or external advertising ???[/color]
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:39 pm

ha ha ! pas d'inquietude, je suis déjà en train d'astiquer ma cuirasse de centurion !

:thumbsup:

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

yellow ribbon

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:51 pm

FENRIS wrote:ha ha ! pas d'inquietude, je suis déjà en train d'astiquer ma cuirasse de centurion !

:niark: i know where you heading for then... but dont worry, you dont draw attention to you, its a god cover.
cartaginesesyromanos to get more into the idea :wacko:
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:59 pm

yellow ribbon wrote: :niark: i know where you heading for then... but dont worry, you dont draw attention to you, its a god cover.
cartaginesesyromanos to get more into the idea :wacko:

:confused: i don't understand (my english is very basic !) If you mean i will play the roman, certainly, romanus civitas since conquest of Massilia by Cesar !

[/I]

yellow ribbon

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:09 pm

it was a practical joke, since many will start to run wild feeling as Roman officers this weekend and the same time there will be a big festival the very weekend where real life people do the same... :dada:
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

Kornilov
Private

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:51 pm

Hallo Gents,
is it right, that we can play one campaign from this new game this weekend, if preordered from ageod?

yellow ribbon

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:04 pm

Kornilov wrote:Hallo Gents,
is it right, that we can play one campaign from this new game this weekend, if preordered from ageod?

please read here:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?25197-AJE-Preorder&p=242085&viewfull=1#post242085
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

koningtiger
Lieutenant

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:43 am

Phil or someone who reigns here, i have a question i dont know if it has a public answer, he have this:

1-First Expansion Pack
After the AJE release, the team developing the game has pledged to commit to its first Expansion Pack (Birth of Rome 312 to 236 BC, with many new scenarios and campaigns in the beginnings of the Republic), which will become available in a date to be announced after the game's release, the first of a series of planned expansions aimed at covering most of the Roman Empire history.

2-Scenario Packs
Also, in preparation, they have various sets of Thematic Scenario Packs, each covering scenarios or campaigns in a specific theater of operation or versus a particular foe of Rome (in various stages of production now: Longuinqua Britannia, Furor Germanicus, Regnum Dacicum and Bellum Parthicum, planned to be released in sequence over 2012 and 2013)

3-Modders Scenario Packs
Also, the team would love that some key beta and players have their say in producing original scenarios of their own choosing…the Roman era is large and long enough for this. The game Databases will be available shortly after release to help the volunteers…

Is this correct yet? Is the point 3 the only that will be free or the point 2 too?

Another question, the scenarios packs will have the same original map or there will be regional maps for them?

Thanks, waiting for the pre-order button. :thumbsup:

PhilThib

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:13 am

Where do you read there is something free ? :D

The overall map (background) is the same, but a lots of things change in between scenarios, as you'll notice in the already existing version.... for "regional" scenarios, the map used will be the game's, but scrolling will be limited to the concerned theater of operations.

koningtiger
Lieutenant

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:57 am

Ahm...ok, like in other AGEOD games.

About the scenarios, i tought user made scenarios would be free. But perhaps the contact with Paradox has teached you the "bad" habits. :D

Emx77

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:11 am

Just Preordered. :D Downloading...

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:37 am

moi aussi :w00t:

[/I]

dpt24
Sergeant

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:47 am

Like the fact that midnight in Europe is still daytime in the USA! Yeah, I just preordered!

Zap Brannigan

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:52 am

Ordered :thumbsup:

Emx77

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:58 am

Mmmm, I like the map. Here is example of new terrain overlay: different colors for different terrain types (mountians, hills...).

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:18 am

take a long time to download !

[/I]

Metalist
Sergeant

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:39 am

Ehm guys this is my first purchase from AGEOD website, when i open my cart there are sections about address and shipping, is this a physical copy? I don't want a delivery, i just want to download the game like in Gamersgate and Steam :confused:

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:42 am

it's only download version. But it's very long and i try a second time because fail i don't know why.

:blink:

[/I]

Emx77

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:49 am

May someone check map scrolling speed at maximum zoom-out level, please. In my case it is very slow with a lot of long "scrolling steps". At the maximum zoom-in level scrolling is fluid and there is no lag at all :confused: . I changed the texture size to minimum but it didn't help. I don't have such a problem in other AGEOD titles (RUS, WiA, AACW, RoP) where scrolling is very fluid regardless of zoom level. My configuration: Intel i5 processor, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX275 896 MB VRAM, Win7 64 bit.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:15 am

koningtiger wrote:Ahm...ok, like in other AGEOD games.

About the scenarios, i tought user made scenarios would be free. But perhaps the contact with Paradox has teached you the "bad" habits. :D

Konigtiger, I understand your feelings when it comes to Paradox, but Ageod is not a giant like Paradox. They are a small company that needs to sell things to survive financially. I am happy to pay for each and every expansion because I want Ageod to survive and keep making games. And because the Phils are great guys who deserve to have their magnificent work supported.

Bohémond

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:26 am

Emx77 wrote:May someone check map scrolling speed at maximum zoom-out level, please. In my case it is very slow with a lot of long "scrolling steps". At the maximum zoom-in level scrolling is fluid and there is no lag at all :confused: . I changed the texture size to minimum but it didn't help. I don't have such a problem in other AGEOD titles (RUS, WiA, AACW, RoP) where scrolling is very fluid regardless of zoom level. My configuration: Intel i5 processor, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX275 896 MB VRAM, Win7 64 bit.

You could try this ;

Go to, ingame, MainMenu, Options, System, and check the box textures initialized.

Let us know if you find some improvement.

Regards

dpt24
Sergeant

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:34 am

Uh.... love what I see of the game, but how do I turn it to English. I don't speak any French yet it installed in french!

dpt24
Sergeant

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:13 am

Nevermind, uninstalled and reinstalled and found the English option on install

Emx77

Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:51 am

Bohémond wrote:You could try this ;

Go to, ingame, MainMenu, Options, System, and check the box textures initialized.

Let us know if you find some improvement.

Regards

Unfortunately, it doesn't help. As I'm increasing zoom-out level, scrolling becomes more and more slow. And at some point it crashes application. Here is error which I get when game crashes:

Please note that at maximum zoom-in I don't experience any lag. Scrolling is very smooth and fluid. Weird.

Pocus

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:16 am

vaalen wrote:Konigtiger, I understand your feelings when it comes to Paradox, but Ageod is not a giant like Paradox. They are a small company that needs to sell things to survive financially. I am happy to pay for each and every expansion because I want Ageod to survive and keep making games. And because the Phils are great guys who deserve to have their magnificent work supported.

Scenarios made by fans, published by mods, will be free. But if someone comes with an idea of scenario, work with it, and ask for our help to fine tune, finalize it, then sell it, then it won't be free.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:16 am

Emx77 wrote:Unfortunately, it doesn't help. As I'm increasing zoom-out level, scrolling becomes more and more slow. And at some point it crashes application. Here is error which I get when game crashes:

Please note that at maximum zoom-in I don't experience any lag. Scrolling is very smooth and fluid. Weird.

Do you own some others Ageod games?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Emx77

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:33 am

Pocus wrote:Do you own some others Ageod games?

Yes. On same machine I have installed RUS, WiA, AACW and RoP. No problem with scrolling at all.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”