Baste
Private

Rename region

Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Hello!
I want to rename the region. I tried to do it the same way as files "unit" and "model".
For example, I opened the file in a text editor Kurganinsk.rgn (in the folder \Revolution under Siege \ RUS \ GameData \ Regions) and in the second line (Name = Kurganinsk) changed its name. But in the game, these changes do not appear. How do I rename a region?

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:50 pm

LocalStrings_RED.csv file in \RUS\Settings folder.
However it is best to work on the .xms file, and then convert it to .csv.
You should find it somewhere in this forum.

What region do you not like? You've found a bug?

Baste
Private

Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:25 pm

Editing to the file LocalStrings_RED.csv does not change the name of the city. Only the name of the territory. I want to change the name of this city.

Location (city) Donetsk at the time was called - Yuzivka.
How can I do this?
Attachments
Donetsk.jpg

PhilThib

Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:55 pm

You need to re-export the whole scenario :(

Baste
Private

Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:00 pm

Please write in detail, how I do it?

lodilefty

Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:33 pm

Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Baste
Private

Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:49 am

Thank you. I read the manual, but I have a problem.
I do not know very well English and I have a problem with the text of the manual:
Save the Geographical data
Open the CSV Splitter tool and select the Cities thumbnail in it. Then load the CSV file you have made from the geographical sheet of the Excel scenario file [CitiesXX.csv] and click on OK to export it. It will create in the destination folder (which you can change) a file called “Citiesxxx.inc”. Be certain that this file has the same name as the one listed in the first sheet of the Excel file for the City include. Example: in the 1756 Saxony Scenario, the include file is “CitiesSaxony.inc” in the first sheet, so that’s the name we must use.

I could not find the program how to export the file. Inc Where desired button? (screenshot of the program that I have found in the attached picture)

Using information from the manual, I tried another option.
Found in the folder RED (: \ Revolution under Siege \ RUS \ Includes) CitiesXX.inc files and edited them into the desired city by hand. I edited the files CitiesXX.inc for all scenarios (that would not miss the right). By this method, I did the work CSV Splitter. Right?
But the game has not changed the name of the city. I started a new game. :confused:
Attachments
CSVSplitter.jpg

Return to “RUS Mods”