Highlandcharge

Timoshenko bug...

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:07 pm

Hi there, I am playing the reds in a pbem, I have noticed a small cosmetic bug, when I get Timoshenko as a general he has no portrait picture, its just blank red, just thought I would let you know :)

Halibutt
Conscript

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:35 pm

Happens also to other generals activated through event (I reported that in the Polish-Soviet War thread, both Hallers involved).
Cheers

OneArmedMexican
General

Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:37 pm

The disappearing Timoshenko graphic is my fault. Originally the graphic was part of my leader graphics mod. When the SEPRUS team implemented that mod in their offical patch a bug from my mod slipped in. :(

In the case of S.K. Timoshenko the issue is the name of the leader graphic: currently it's Unit_RED_S.K.Timoshenko for some reason the dots in that name seem to prevent the engine from loading this graphic. If changed to Unit_RED_SKTimoshenko it works. However the mdl file and the army.png need to be adjusted accordingly. I reported this issue when I did some testing for the latest patch. Unfortunately it must have slipped through the cracks. Hopefully your thread will help to change that. :)

Halibutt wrote:Happens also to other generals activated through event (I reported that in the Polish-Soviet War thread, both Hallers involved).
Cheers

J. Haller and S.Haller have the same problem: the leader graphics are named Unit_POL_J.Haller and Unit_POL_S.Haller. Same problem, same fix. And my fault as well. I wasn't aware that one has to avoid dots when naming leader graphics at the time. Mea culpa. Hopefully the SEPRUS team can fix this in a future patch.

Did you notice any other graphics with the same problem?

Concerned leaders:

- S. K. Timoshenko: mdl 1050
- J. Haller: mdl 1656
- S. Haller: mdl 1687

Halibutt
Conscript

Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:06 pm

Thanks for the info mate, that helped a lot. Hope I fixed it, will check the next time I'm in-game.
Cheers

Highlandcharge

Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:22 pm

Thanks... I will rename the files and take the dots out :)

OneArmedMexican
General

Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:50 am

Don't forget to change the reference in the mdl files, too (RUS\GameData\Models). Also you need to delete the models.cached in the same folder. A new one will be automatically generated the next time you load the game.

jack54
Brigadier General

Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi again,

here are a few mdl corrections.
these should fix the following...(unless of course I did something stupid) :bonk:

987 Kniaginsky.. becomes generic on promotion (fixed)
1242 Abramov(DON) starts with 'generic' -portrait appears on promotion (fixed)
1238 Poliakov starts with Poliakov image changes to Fitskhelaurov on promotion(fixed)
1237 Kudinov starts generic and becomes Poliakov on promotion (now remains generic)

remember as OAM says you must delete the models cache file after installing these or the changes will not take place.
Attachments
rus mdl corrections 11 11.zip
(5.61 KiB) Downloaded 215 times

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue May 29, 2012 11:13 pm

Are they included in 1.05 now?

Return to “Help to improve RUS”