Clovis

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Chief Rudiger wrote:It seems as if you cannot enable army command if a three star general's stack contains locked units. This is apparent at the star of the Finnish Civil War scenario if you merge the 3 star General with the locked Baltflot stack of Sailors.

WAD

Chief Rudiger wrote:Also in this scenario, 2 Star General "Comrade A. Taimi" is not enableable as a Corp commander despite being in the command boundary of the Army commander and not being a division commander. It appears he is really a 1 star commander as when in the same stack as real 1 star commanders his portrait appears in seniority order with them, not to the left with the other real 2 star generals.

We will look why...Thanks
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

andatiep

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:39 am

Me too, me too, me too, i also want to bring my bug :neener: !

=> The armored trains can't be merged with a division or a brigade leader ...which make their special ability improving infantry in its unit completely useless...
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Clovis

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:45 am

andatiep wrote:Me too, me too, me too, i also want to bring my bug :neener: !

=> The armored trains can't be merged with a division or a brigade leader ...which make their special ability improving infantry in its unit completely useless...

Right :)

Thanks even if I begin to think there are just bugs in RUS ;)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

andatiep

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:45 am

Clovis wrote:Right :)

Thanks even if I begin to think there are just bugs in RUS ;)

I don't care. I think AGE based games are anyway so enormous and detailed that it need the support of its big community to participate to the first debugging step of the game.

So here we are, all with you !

TheDoctorKing

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:18 pm

I don't agree that the loyalty losses are too small on the recruitment/exceptional taxation events. The 1 NM loss is a very serious handicap that balances this. If you are going to eliminate the NM loss then the loyalty losses should be greater.

In general, the loyalty loss for recruitment/taxation should equal the loyalty gain for Cheka repression, all other things being equal. Otherwise why bother? It seems to me when I use the Cheka that the results are somewhat disappointing.
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Clovis

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:29 pm

TheDoctorKing wrote:I don't agree that the loyalty losses are too small on the recruitment/exceptional taxation events. The 1 NM loss is a very serious handicap that balances this. If you are going to eliminate the NM loss then the loyalty losses should be greater.

In general, the loyalty loss for recruitment/taxation should equal the loyalty gain for Cheka repression, all other things being equal. Otherwise why bother? It seems to me when I use the Cheka that the results are somewhat disappointing.

The NM loss has been removed for requisitions. We're looking for the right balance. But acquiring ressources and conscripts must be hard in RUS. Population was relunctant to any side,economy was ravaged. I don't think also repression should balance totally loyalty losses becaus it would be simple: one requisition in Tver, next time one Tcheka, then repeat. Consiering how large is the Red territory, the result would be no risk of revolt.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Franciscus

Force tooltip glitch

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:56 am

Besides the messages problem that I reported elsewhere: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=19629,
I found another glitch, that's not exclusive to RUS, as it also exists for instance, in AACW 1.16 RC3., namely on the tooltip that appears when we mouse over one of ours or the enemy's forces

The glitch is that divisions are represented in the tooltip by the Div commander's name followed in brackets by the name of one of the constituent units (and not the name of the division) - for example, in the pic, "Kornilov" division is referred in the tooltip as "A.A. Borovski (4th Kuban Cav Rgt)", when this Rgt is only one of the units that make up this division.

Commanded Brigades/Rgts, on the other hand, are referred simply to by the name of the commander, repeated - for example, I merged S.V. Denizov with the 1st Cherkess Cav Rgt, and the resulting unit is referred as "S.V. Denizov (S. V. Denizov)", with no specific mention of the actual regiment, and misleading one to believe that it's a lonely general...

See attached pic and save (Grand Campaign as South Whites, the only thing I did was rearrange the forces of the Don Cossack Army)

I do not recall if/when this was introduced, but IIRC this was not the way forces were referred to in the tooltips in previous iterations of the AGE engine ... Either way, it's confusing and misleading, IMHO
Attachments
Grand Campaign0.zip
(265.68 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
Force tooltip glitch.jpg

caranorn

Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:20 am

Franciscus wrote:Besides the messages problem that I reported elsewhere: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=19629,
I found another glitch, that's not exclusive to RUS, as it also exists for instance, in AACW 1.16 RC3., namely on the tooltip that appears when we mouse over one of ours or the enemy's forces

The glitch is that divisions are represented in the tooltip by the Div commander's name followed in brackets by the name of one of the constituent units (and not the name of the division) - for example, in the pic, "Kornilov" division is referred in the tooltip as "A.A. Borovski (4th Kuban Cav Rgt)", when this Rgt is only one of the units that make up this division.

Commanded Brigades/Rgts, on the other hand, are referred simply to by the name of the commander, repeated - for example, I merged S.V. Denizov with the 1st Cherkess Cav Rgt, and the resulting unit is referred as "S.V. Denizov (S. V. Denizov)", with no specific mention of the actual regiment, and misleading one to believe that it's a lonely general...

See attached pic and save (Grand Campaign as South Whites, the only thing I did was rearrange the forces of the Don Cossack Army)

I do not recall if/when this was introduced, but IIRC this was not the way forces were referred to in the tooltips in previous iterations of the AGE engine ... Either way, it's confusing and misleading, IMHO

That reminds me. If a general commanding an attached regiment dies the regiment retains his name and can no longer be attached to another general as it's considered a unit that can consist of only 1 general as element. I already reported this issue a while back for RoP...

Also if a division commander dies some elements in his division can be messed up. For instance I ended up with a supposed Don Cossack infantry regiment unit (Command cost one) consisting of 6 infantry regiment elements and three Don Cossack detachments that should each have consisted of 2 infantry, one cavalry and one light artillery element which ended up with just the cavalry and artillery (this example is from an experimental game where I reverted saves a lot, so I no longer have it). I think this is also an old issue as I'm pretty sure I already saw it under early version of AACW as well as forum reports...
Marc aka Caran...

andatiep

Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:12 pm

Again with the armoured trains (light & heavy, WHI & WH3 sides, patch 1.01RC2) : they have 100/1 as Patrol/Evasion stat's...

E.g. this allow the player to just send one single train unit in a 100% communist controled region and get a 100% White control in around 10 days...
Is this WAD ?

Clovis

Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:14 pm

andatiep wrote:Again with the armoured trains (light & heavy, WHI & WH3 sides, patch 1.01RC2) : they have 100/1 as Patrol/Evasion stat's...

E.g. this allow the player to just send one single train unit in a 100% communist controled region and get a 100% White control in around 10 days...
Is this WAD ?

Yes, to simulating railroad wars.Without that, change of MCin rail regions would be too slow.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Clovis

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:27 pm

The RC3 should be available before Saturday, if all goes well. :)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:40 pm

Is this game now fit for purchase? IYO of course. t

OneArmedMexican
General

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:48 pm

tagwyn wrote:Is this game now fit for purchase? IYO of course. t

Really? RUS was fit for purchase the day it was released. :) I am not a developper but the bad bugs seem mostly gone.

There are only two bugs left that really annoy me:
1) some recurring economic options only work the first time.
2) requisitions don't affect loyalty in some regions (only those that cannot be entered at the start of the game) - you can non-stop requisition there which gives you more money and conscripts than you should have.

Clovis

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:05 pm

OneArmedMexican wrote:Really? RUS was fit for purchase the day it was released. :) I am not a developper but the bad bugs seem mostly gone.

There are only two bugs left that really annoy me:
1) some recurring economic options only work the first time.
2) requisitions don't affect loyalty in some regions (only those that cannot be entered at the start of the game) - you can non-stop requisition there which gives you more money and conscripts than you should have.

These 2 bugs are fixed for the RC3.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

OneArmedMexican
General

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:12 pm

Clovis wrote:These 2 bugs are fixed for the RC3.

Good news. Thanks.

Tagwyn, if you look through this forum you will notice that reports about bugs are getting repetitive or are more and more focused on little things. And that only a few weeks after the initial release.

andatiep

Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:23 pm

Grande Campagne :
Kurganinsk region (Kouban, South Russia) is set with a strong strategic value of (5), but it has no structure at all and it is already very close to Iekaterinodar and Novorossiysk which are already strategic cities.
Is it WAD ?

PhilThib

Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:50 pm

Not WAD. I checked this region, which ID is #0... it has no value at all.... what you noticed is usually a typo in the objectif list: when a region is mispelled, the game default it to region #0

Which side is granted the 5 value objective? :confused:

Florent

Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:05 am

Very good campaign for now :thumbsup: nevertheless since februar 1919 to now dec 1919, i have a message regularly indicating a new Diplomatic option but i have only 3. Finland, Baltic states an a not finished with la ligue and information for Finland in the infobulle.
Perhaps this is about Poland.
The tank plant doesn't work since i have validated 2 times but nothing happened.

Clovis

Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:08 am

Florent wrote:Very good campaign for now :thumbsup: nevertheless since februar 1919 to now dec 1919, i have a message regularly indicating a new Diplomatic option but i have only 3. Finland, Baltic states an a not finished with la ligue and information for Finland in the infobulle.
Perhaps this is about Poland.
The tank plant doesn't work since i have validated 2 times but nothing happened.

Send me a save with the current turn and the last turn (backup 1 folder) , I will check that. :)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

andatiep

Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:12 am

PhilThib wrote:Not WAD. I checked this region, which ID is #0... it has no value at all.... what you noticed is usually a typo in the objectif list: when a region is mispelled, the game default it to region #0

Which side is granted the 5 value objective? :confused:

I'm playing the both Whites, the region is displayed as objective with the map objective filter, and in the ledger objectif list it display (5) value; which look strange for an empty country side region in a area were there is already 2 strategic cities with after all less values.

It is still controled by the Reds and under fog of war in my game
...maybe there is a surprise there :w00t: ? The graal ? An alien ambassy ? the sunglasses of Trotski ?

Florent

Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:39 am

Send me a save with the current turn and the last turn (backup 1 folder) , I will check that.

Where is the Save, i have already send Save for AACW and RoP and here the Folder is Empty :D . Perhaps this is Windows 7 ? or RuS ?

caranorn

Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:13 am

andatiep wrote:I'm playing the both Whites, the region is displayed as objective with the map objective filter, and in the ledger objectif list it display (5) value; which look strange for an empty country side region in a area were there is already 2 strategic cities with after all less values.

It is still controled by the Reds and under fog of war in my game
...maybe there is a surprise there :w00t: ? The graal ? An alien ambassy ? the sunglasses of Trotski ?

Note, when occupied by Southern White or Donn Cossack units the region also gains Northern White control (no Nothern whites in the area). So that province indeed seems to be bugged...
Marc aka Caran...

andatiep

Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:04 am

Clovis wrote:Yes, to simulating railroad wars.Without that, change of MCin rail regions would be too slow.

OK, good idea. But maybe use instead of the Patrol value the Police value, because i guess that currently with a Patrol value of 100+, an armoured train unit could catch almost automatically any enemy irregular or cavalry unit in the same region, even with passive order, which is not realistic.

OneArmedMexican
General

Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:06 pm

Florent wrote:Send me a save with the current turn and the last turn (backup 1 folder) , I will check that.

Where is the Save, i have already send Save for AACW and RoP and here the Folder is Empty :D . Perhaps this is Windows 7 ? or RuS ?

It's Windows 7, I had the same problem. The files are in the Saves file they are however hidden.

Solutions:
1) Clovis had a tip that works: Rename the save game (crtl + save). The game then appeared in my save game folder.
2) Install RUS outside Windows' programs folder.

Clovis

Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:35 am

RC3 should be released very soon :thumbsup:
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Lowlander2010
Private

Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:44 am

Excellent, thanks for all the hard work.... playing a Pbem game of the Polish-Russian war, I am liking the new army group rule organization for the reds.... :)

Gray_Lensman

Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:14 am

deleted

tgb123
Conscript

Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:24 pm

Will RC3 be compatible with current saves?

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:26 pm

As mentioned in the thread "http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?p=195145#post195145" Victory conditions or the number of turns prevents decisive victory for both sides in Polish-Soviet war. Ships from Danzig can not move north as some sea regions can not be entered in scenario.

Gray_Lensman

Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:08 pm

deleted

Return to “Help to improve RUS”