AeonTal
Private

West Siberian Uprising

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:17 am

Is it possible to include a famous West Siberian Anti-Communist Uprising(late 1920-late 1922) in Game or it already present? It is huge scale(up to 150.000 participators) peasant uprising affected area from Ekaterinburg to Omsk and from Artic Ocean to China. [url]http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Западно-Сибирское_восстание_(1921—1922)[/url]). It can be triggered after several turns after taking Omsk by Reds.
If it needed I can search for OOB of rebels and names of their leaders in book "The Siberian Vendée" and other sources.

Krot
Sergeant

Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:27 pm

I concur this suggestion. It seems to me that Siberia and Far East is a kind of "forgotten front" in RUS.

The only correction is that the uprising broke out after more than a year of Soviet rule in the region. Omsk was captured by Reds in November 1919. Large scale insurrection started in February 1921 and reached its peak by March-April 1921.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:00 pm

AeonTal wrote:West Siberian Anti-Communist Uprising(late 1920-late 1922) in book "The Siberian Vendée"

Good title as it was against republic dictatorship too (and wheat monopoly shows bolsheviks were capitalists).
However the siberian was far less a story where mass paesants ally with monarchists used to leading.

Seb

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:57 pm

AeonTal wrote:Is it possible to include a famous West Siberian Anti-Communist Uprising(late 1920-late 1922) in Game or it already present? It is huge scale(up to 150.000 participators) peasant uprising affected area from Ekaterinburg to Omsk and from Artic Ocean to China. [url]http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Западно-Сибирское_восстание_(1921—1922)[/url]). It can be triggered after several turns after taking Omsk by Reds.
If it needed I can search for OOB of rebels and names of their leaders in book "The Siberian Vendée" and other sources.

Why not.
This is not our priority (we first want to improve other parts of the game like the Anarchists and the Polish in the GC), but we could consider this afterwards :)
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

TheDoctorKing

Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:21 am

You know, the Green uprisings in the Red core areas are already extremely vexing. In the last game I played as the Reds, I think there may have been 150,000 Green troops up against my boys in the vicinity of Moscow-Yaroslavl-Kazan-Tula. I bet the same thing would happen "organically" if the Reds get to control central Siberia for a year or so.
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:18 am

TheDoctorKing wrote:You know, the Green uprisings in the Red core areas are already extremely vexing. In the last game I played as the Reds, I think there may have been 150,000 Green troops up against my boys in the vicinity of Moscow-Yaroslavl-Kazan-Tula. I bet the same thing would happen "organically" if the Reds get to control central Siberia for a year or so.

Yeah, I didn't know the greens got so powerful. I finished my first GC as the southern Whites last night. They had militia everywhere (probably 20-30 stacks or so) in my regions, but there was a 1000 power green army just north of Moscow when I got there plus they owned most of the territory in between Saratov and Moscow. I did see a message saying the green uprising's had spread to Omsk in 1921 so maybe it is already included.

Return to “Help to improve RUS”