Gribeauval
Sergeant

Drang nach Osten in RUS gold

Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:01 pm

Hi,
Has the Drang Nach Osten campaign been also updated in RUS Gold ? Are there a lot of differences with the original Drang Nach Osten campaign of RUS ?

Apparently, the gameplay is different from the historical campaign : there are different red infantry units, there are two red models of tanks, there are two red models of air units, there are structures in some cities, factories take longer to be built (1 year), the red player has more units, ....
What is different in the red strategy ?

(I have found a small glitch in the menu "Mobilisations" : there is an option called "Opt Title Red International Volunteers" without description.)

Best regards.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Gribeauval wrote:Has the Drang Nach Osten campaign been also updated in RUS Gold? Are there a lot of differences with the original Drang Nach Osten campaign of RUS?
(I have found a small glitch in the menu "Mobilisations": there is an option called "Opt Title Red International Volunteers" without description.)

IIRC, only the 3 historical campaigns were really updated:
The scenarios and the an-historical campaign could be corrected if the modifications of the campaigns were to indirectly harm those, they were not treated like the 3 main campaigns.
So, no, the DNO campaign was not 'updated',
and the glitch you found should be a so still bug coming from the updates of the other campaigns (I think you can ignore it, correcting it should be to remove this text, Andatiep should tell).

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:54 pm

I would test this campaign and if improved further by volunteers, currently playing main scenario campaign; my opponent playing both Whites, we would be good volunteers to test it for future playthrough.

PhilThib

Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:15 am

I believe this Drang campaign would much benefit from the "frontline" AI code developped for EAW..my main issue with it was the fact the AI was playing it a bit too much like the CW

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”