OneArmedMexican
General

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:02 pm

Athens wrote:Par la m^me occasion, il semble que les boutons contruction de dépôt et construction de fort sont toujours cliquables, mêmes quand les conditions ne sont pas remplies ( un stack avec seulement un supply wagon et sans artillerie peut entreprendre de construire un fort et un dépôt). Aucun des deux n'est réellement construit.

I spotted that, too. Not a big deal but confusing for unexperienced players.

One more thing: the get Komuch leader option while working most of the time has a few short-comings:

1) Sometimes you get the message "You have received a new Komuch General", pay 4 EP, but no general spawns. Probably there is something wrong with one of the spawn leader events (I couldn't find an error though).
In the attached save-game, this happened when I used the Komuch general option for the second time, thus the Komuch leader pool should still have contained 5 out of 6 available generals. However two are limited to spawning before 1918/10/30 (one of these two, Timanov is already in the game). This left 4 generals that could have spawned each with a 30% chance. Is it possible that I failed four dice rolls each with a 30% chance in a row? If that was the case there really should be a different message that is less confusing.

2) If you manage to completely exhaust the Komuch leader pool the option is still available in the Reinforcements window.

3) After 1919/04/30 no more Komuch generals can spawn but I believe the option will still be available (not completely sure about this though).
Attachments
RUS-GC-NEW_PATCH~WH3 turn.zip
(846.86 KiB) Downloaded 242 times

OneArmedMexican
General

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:03 pm

Some questions/observations regarding the Siberian unit pool (it's not my favourite faction, but I have been playing them during the only two games I have played in months; besides they always seem to get forgotten in bug reports and balancing):

1) Is it by intention that the Siberians are missing some support units (field hospitals, signal units) in their building pool? Field hospitals may not have been state of the art in the East (but they did exist).

2) Is it by intention that the Siberians have no access to Tachankas?

3) I am repeating myself (and probably annoying Seb :neener :) : Please consider adding some brigade sized formations to the building pool for the White factions (unit templates already exist). Yes, it would slightly affect the balance. But anybody who has had the pleasure of recruiting for the Siberians will tell you that it is just annoying to build an endless series of militia and single regiments. Imagine you have 300 recruits available for spending (which can happen with the Siberians): That is the equivalent of 60 militias or 90 conscript regiments (once you have run out of militias). At that point building units gets a chore!
Besides it seems really strange to me in historical terms. I never have heard about the Kolchak regime having an aversion against brigades.

MadBaron
Corporal

Greetings from a newcomer and one desperate question

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:50 am

Hi everybody,

As I am not an expert on forum use, I do not know if there is a specific thread to introduce oneself, so I will do it here, I guess.

First of all, I want to thank the designers and all the people in here for all the work that has been done (and all that is in process) on this marvellous game, so hello and thanks to everybody....

I have been interested in the RCW for many years, reading books, playing wargames, and finally I have in for my PC :) Great!

Just a quick question, I have tried to play RUS 1.03 and after three of four ins-and-uninstallation I am desperate. I can´t make it work, everytime I play (only with southern whites, that is true) after for or five turns I get a fatal error when the Siberian Whites AI is ending its "thinking" process... Anyone havong the same problem? Any ideas?

I have seen this post by Seb:

Seb wrote:New hotfix you can download at the beginning of this thread, correcting CTDs :)

But actually I do not find the new hotfix..

Thanks in advance for your kind help tovarichi, :D
The Baron

P.S.: What does CTD stands for?

Ebbingford

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:54 am

CTD = Crash to desktop. :)

NY Rangers
Major

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:07 am

MadBaron wrote:But actually I do not find the new hotfix..

It's in the first post of this thread.

I strongly recommend Fatal Years mod for better gaming experience.

MadBaron
Corporal

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:25 am

NY Rangers wrote:It's in the first post of this thread.

I strongly recommend Fatal Years mod for better gaming experience.

Thanks for your quick answer, but what I see in the first post is two links that already were there...the patch and the hotfix for the weather problem... am I right?

I already tried to install the Fatal Years mod but it didn´t work, I am afraid that with computers I am like a Don Cossack trying to pilot a Me-262 (with some hectolitres of vodka inside me) :neener:

Thanks again, see you in Vladivostok

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:34 am

MadBaron wrote:in the first post is two links that already were there...the patch and the hotfix for the weather problem... am I right

I don't think: 2nd link should be another hotfix, first hotfix should have been removed
So, the full patch is 1.03 + New Hotfix.
I have been interested in the RCW for many years, reading books, playing wargames, and finally I have in for my PC :) Great!

Welcome!

Nikel

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:39 am

Hi MadBaron :)

The hotfix is only the executable, RUS.exe.

The new hotfix (CTD+weather fixes) replaces the first one (only weather).

The link is the same, redownload and just extract it in the game folder and overwrite the old RUS.exe

NY Rangers
Major

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:51 am

MadBaron wrote:I already tried to install the Fatal Years mod but it didn´t work, I am afraid that with computers I am like a Don Cossack trying to pilot a Me-262 (with some hectolitres of vodka inside me) :neener:

Just make sure that the destination folder for mod files is the game folder, and then it couldn't be easier.

Nikel

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:05 am

jack54 wrote:Yes it is an honor that my work is included in RUS and more portraits are coming... :)

How do you give that touch to the portraits?

I do not know how to express it in english, high contrast and color?

MadBaron
Corporal

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:17 am

Thanks everybody... I will try right now after tenth reinstallation... :)

Muchas gracias Nikel

SEPRUS

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:26 pm

Athens wrote:New hotfix yet bugged.

Verion 1.03 without any mod. Run in debug error setting. I believe it doesn't affect actual AI routines or cause CTDs.

Save attached

I don't reproduce the bug on my side (I can provide the processed turn as a proof, if you don't trust my word :neener: ). I believe this must be a kind of semi random bug, I'll see with others in the team if it can be pinpointed.

Athens
Brigadier General

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:28 pm

my last log file:

21:21:20 [Error ] TRegionDefs.GetRegionsList FullDebug: Num of iters equals 15 This is too high to be safe
21:21:20 [Error ] TRegionDefs.GetRegionsList FullDebug: Num of iters equals 15 This is too high to be safe
21:21:20 (Reporting) Host: AI files done. 55941 ms

Done with FY, but I've got the same message than the one I've reported with the offical game try. Random certainly, frequent too.

Now, it doesn't seem to do harm or have side effect. It just appearwhen the error logging option is checked, so players shouldn't notice even its existence. :) Howewer, as I don't doubt error logging option is frequently used to develop the game, as much I do for my little work, I feel it could become a real pain for you :)
Fatal Years mod for RUS: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2875975

My blog: http://moddercorner.com/about/

[SIZE="2"]Players quotes about Fatal Years:[/size]

the more I play this the more I become convinced that RUS is one of the best strategy games I have ever played... and I have played many since the mid 80's. The AI in this mod is at level with Sid Meier's best efforts.

Ebbingford

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:54 pm

TRegionDefs.GetRegionsList FullDebug: Num of iters equals 15 This is too high to be safe

This same error message has been popping up in PoN quite a bit but doesn't seem to do anything.

jack54
Brigadier General

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:27 pm

Nikel wrote:How do you give that touch to the portraits?

I do not know how to express it in english, high contrast and color?

Hi Nikel,

If you give me a couple of days to write it down; I will post exactly what I do on the RUS MOD forum. I don't want to take up room in this patch thread.

Gray_Lensman

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:37 pm

deleted

Nikel

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:29 am

jack54 wrote:Hi Nikel,

If you give me a couple of days to write it down; I will post exactly what I do on the RUS MOD forum. I don't want to take up room in this patch thread.

Yes, you are right, sorry for posting it here :neener:

Ebbingford

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:45 am

Gray_Lensman wrote:Already reported a couple of weeks ago... According to PhilThib it's an internal debug warning that was not supposed to have been left in the retail game code... but Pocus has been on vacation so...

I could remember reading about this somewhere but couldn't find it to quote here, well remembered. :thumbsup:

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:21 pm

The Neva rivers:
. The good one is to the West on Petrograd
. To the far East near Omsk, that's Irkytch (north-west farther named Irtych)
Attachments
NevaIrkytch.jpg
NevaLadoga.jpg

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:02 pm

Baris wrote:Thanks Seb :)
There is an icon to build a fort for every unit without artilery and a message after the turn fort complete . But no forts are built luckly ;) just message error maybe. Same with single supply wagon unit that can build a depot with an icon but no depot after turn.

Hello Seb :)

In addition to this problem stacks under northern whites/British(Miller command) full health supply wagons can not build depots. Depot building symbol on special orders panel missing.
Thanks.

Lusatian
Private

Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:13 pm

Baris wrote:There is an icon to build a fort for every unit without artilery and a message after the turn fort complete . But no forts are built luckly ;) just message error maybe. Same with single supply wagon unit that can build a depot with an icon but no depot after turn.

Athens wrote:il semble que les boutons contruction de dépôt et construction de fort sont toujours cliquables, mêmes quand les conditions ne sont pas remplies ( un stack avec seulement un supply wagon et sans artillerie peut entreprendre de construire un fort et un dépôt). Aucun des deux n'est réellement construit.

For heaven's sake don't make a patch solving one problem if you're going to create more in its place! I'm convinced the people responsible for maintaining RuS have stopped caring about their clients game experience a while ago, if they spent any time at all checking their work they would have noticed the obvious bugs they leave behind (ie weather on the first 1.03), instead it looks as though they are using their clients as video game testers, in that case I think we all deserve a salary, no?

NY Rangers
Major

Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:34 pm

Lusatian wrote:For heaven's sake don't make a patch solving one problem if you're going to create more in its place! I'm convinced the people responsible for maintaining RuS have stopped caring about their clients game experience a while ago, if they spent any time at all checking their work they would have noticed the obvious bugs they leave behind (ie weather on the first 1.03), instead it looks as though they are using their clients as video game testers, in that case I think we all deserve a salary, no?

And it's a shame because RUS is the best AGEOD-game, especially with the FY-mod.

Lusatian
Private

Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:47 pm

NY Rangers wrote:And it's a shame because RUS is the best AGEOD-game, especially with the FY-mod.

I haven't played the other ageod games but absolutely love the RCW as a game subject (this I have to give the developers credit for). As for Fatal Years, thanks to Clovis/Athens, it has in my eyes overtaken the official version in its content and dedication, its the only reason I still play RuS.

NY Rangers
Major

Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:16 pm

From what I've seen, one of the problems with RUS is that it is pretty popular title in Russia, but many (most?) play with illegal copies, so no reward for the developers.

AshTray
Conscript

Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:47 pm

NY Rangers wrote:From what I've seen, one of the problems with RUS is that it is pretty popular title in Russia, but many (most?) play with illegal copies, so no reward for the developers.

Mostly because Akella which is publisher in Russia never issue new patches for translated games.

p.s. i bought my copy from matrix store :cool:

Athens
Brigadier General

Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:45 pm

As one game in FY ended in January 1922 by a stalemate between White player and Red AI ( being on the verge of collapse howewer), I've noticed this bug which seems to be tied to the exe and so the official version

edit: second point is a feature. my bad for the false alarm.

the more I play this the more I become convinced that RUS is one of the best strategy games I have ever played... and I have played many since the mid 80's. The AI in this mod is at level with Sid Meier's best efforts.

Captain
Captain

forts and Redoubts

Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:26 am

Baris wrote:Thanks Seb :)
There is an icon to build a fort for every unit without artilery and a message after the turn fort complete . But no forts are built luckly ;) just message error maybe. Same with single supply wagon unit that can build a depot with an icon but no depot after turn.

Yes I have the same problem.
However even when I have the necessary supplies and arty the program never seems to construct ANY forts or redoubts?
Anyone any ideas?

NY Rangers
Major

Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:35 am

Captain wrote:Yes I have the same problem.
However even when I have the necessary supplies and arty the program never seems to construct ANY forts or redoubts?
Anyone any ideas?

I have the same problem. Most likely a bug.

NY Rangers
Major

Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:40 am

NY Rangers wrote:I have the same problem. Most likely a bug.

Region loyalty might be a factor though...

Athens
Brigadier General

Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:29 pm

BTW, CaucasianSetup seems to be bugged, as CAU is a subfaction and not a Faction. It should be WHI instead. Fixed for me anyway.

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”