lodilefty

ROP Official Patch 1.03 - March 24, 2012

Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:20 pm

Thank you to all beta and public beta testers!
:love:

The patch is a comprehensive patch, meaning it can be applied directly over your initial game installation setup version.

All saved games from games started prior to version 1.02 are incompatible with this patch, and will cause errors if loaded and played. Games started with 1.02 or later will execute properly, but there may be occasional oddities due to updated events.

Change Log attached:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Narwhal

Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:01 pm

Woot ! Thanks !

ashandresash
Captain

Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:54 pm

Great! I'm already playing Crusader Kings II, but I'll start a new ROP game in Easter.

Good things are coming with new forum, it seems :)

Metalist
Sergeant

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:23 pm

Excellent, thanks! I hope the patch will come to Steam soon :)

Narwhal

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:55 pm

Starting a new game with Loki. It will be cool ! Loki100 will make an AAR out of it (already started, actually : http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?595508-The-First-Global-War).

Despite some gripes I have with where the cursor has been set on some issues, it is a most outstanding game !

Thank you AGEOD, and thank you lodilefty for supporting a game that, I suppose, did not sell too well.

Franciscus

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:25 pm

The right-click on ledger closing bug reported in AACW (http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?24357-Replacement-screen-closes) and NCP is also present in ROP 1.03 - probably they are all the same exe...

:siffle:

Kensai

Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:32 am

Steam version?

(I obviously tried first to copy manually the files in the correct folders, the game loads showing the new version but fails later when choosing to start a new campaign)
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Caoster
Corporal

Same issue,

Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:33 am

Kensai wrote:Steam version?

(I obviously tried first to copy manually the files in the correct folders, the game loads showing the new version but fails later when choosing to start a new campaign)

I'm having the same problem. I just installed ROP from steam, installed the patch and it crashes when I try to start a new campaign.

4:13:43 PM (Reporting) Rendering Engine 109 ms
4:13:43 PM (Reporting) Starting Game ...
4:13:43 PM (Reporting) Global Load Time: 45382 ms
4:13:43 PM (Reporting) TMain, CreateForm OK
4:13:43 PM (Reporting) Application.Run Starting app...
4:13:43 PM (Reporting) Game Engine version: ROP 1.03
4:13:43 PM [Critical ] TGameSim.IsValidGameFile Exception caught: Accès au fichier refusé
4:13:43 PM [Critical ] TGameSim.IsValidGameFile Exception caught: Accès au fichier refusé

Kensai

Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:37 am

Please, can you update us on the status of the Steam version... do we have an ETA there? Otherwise, manual instructions of how to install successfully this patch would be much appreciated. I have a pal who is waiting for me to install v1.03 to start a campaign! He is on the standalone version, I am on Steam...
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:

lodilefty

Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:54 pm

Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Kensai wrote:Please, can you update us on the status of the Steam version... do we have an ETA there? Otherwise, manual instructions of how to install successfully this patch would be much appreciated. I have a pal who is waiting for me to install v1.03 to start a campaign! He is on the standalone version, I am on Steam...

I know nothing about Steam, but I've seen players state that you can:

1. Copy the entire Rise of Prussia folder from the Steam installation directory to a different location [outside of Steam]
2. Install the patch normally on that nnew location.

No guarantee, second-hand knowledge.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Kensai

Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:04 pm

OK, I will try to do this out of Steam. Normally, in Steam, I get an error when I try to load a new campaign... thousands of successive popup Windows that crash the game. I will try again with the new patch.

Strange because in Pride of Nations, it worked perfectly even without extracting the game, but in Rise of Prussia it didn't. Go figure. :confused:
Großdeutschland Mod

ribaluigi
Sergeant

Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:25 pm

I have tried myself and I have posted my solution on paradox forum:
http://alturl.com/vztzi

"Actually Steam allows you to do wathever you want.

I played with all the beta patch so far without any inconvenient (at least in single player).

You just have to choose the right directory during the installation process, i.e.
...\Steam\steamapps\common\rise of prussia

Hope it can help.

Luigi

P.s. I have tried the last patch 1.03 and seems to work flawlessy."

Return to “Rise of Prussia”