Kensai

XXXX Stacks

Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:40 am

Has anyone else noticed that army-sized stacks are missing? Actually this is something I haven't seen in any AGEOD game.

Two brigades (X) combined give a division (XX). Two divisions (XX) combined give a corps (XXX). But if you combine two corps (XXX) you get an army group (XXXXX) not an army (XXXX). Have you ever managed to create an XXXX army in the game? If it is not possible, then perhaps it could a nice little feature to tweak in a future patch, actually for all AGEOD titles. Armies are nice to be abstracted. :)

Maybe army groups (XXXXX) could come out of combination of more armies (XXXX), as one would expect.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:08 pm

Now that you mention it, I have noticed exactly the same thing.

Kensai

Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:34 pm

It's quite strange, isn't it? I presume it is something as simple as an oversight and quite easily fixable (for all AGEOD titles). I don't know the exact formula that combines Xs to XXs to XXXs to XXXXXs but I guess it will be relatively straightforward to add the missing XXXXs. :)
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:

Jonathan Pollard
Major

Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:23 pm

The XXXX graphic is present in the VGN\Graphics\NATOSymbols\Common\NATO Size Models folder, so it's apparently a bug that it's never used.
"Two suspects are in FBI custody after a truckload of explosives was discovered around the George Washington Bridge...the FBI...says enough explosives were in the truck to do great damage to the George Washington Bridge." Dan Rather of CBS News, 9/11/2001
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kensai

Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:39 am

A fix for v1.04?
Großdeutschland Mod

Justus2
Conscript

Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:27 am

Kensai wrote:A fix for v1.04?

That would be nice, a suggestion is to make the default for the larger stacks the XXXX size (with 3* commanders), and reserve the XXXXX symbol for the CinC of the Theater, that would make it easier to identify that leader at a glance.

Kensai

Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:38 am

This is indeed the ideal solution! XXXXs for all 3-star army Generals and XXXXXs only for the C-in-C or if two or more 3-star Generals are with their armies combined.
Großdeutschland Mod

sagji
Lieutenant

Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:37 am

Better if XXXXX is reserved only for the theatre CinC - currently it is impossible to identify this critical leader.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:02 pm

sagji wrote:Better if XXXXX is reserved only for the theatre CinC - currently it is impossible to identify this critical leader.

remember though that the Theatre CinC can shift from turn to turn and stack to stack. I noticed this in my wars with Austria where the main battle front often spread across 2 theatres and who was in charge of which tended to change from turn to turn as I moved my armies around.

agree, it would help to have a clear id as to who this is (though you can work it out), but its going to be another demand on the game processing routine ... and we don't really need PoN slowing down .... :)
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

czert2
Brigadier General

Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:20 am

and if game engien allow you to create/promote to 4 star generals (say max 2 active) - it will be great too. Finaly no doubt about c-i-c.

sagji
Lieutenant

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:16 pm

loki100 wrote:remember though that the Theatre CinC can shift from turn to turn and stack to stack. I noticed this in my wars with Austria where the main battle front often spread across 2 theatres and who was in charge of which tended to change from turn to turn as I moved my armies around.

agree, it would help to have a clear id as to who this is (though you can work it out), but its going to be another demand on the game processing routine ... and we don't really need PoN slowing down .... :)

For "you can work it" out you mean "if you know exactly where all the theatre boundries are and the senority of all your *** generals" then you know it. In practice simply finding a theatre C-in-C for many countries is a time consuming task - and there is no way of telling if you got it wrong.

czert2 wrote:and if game engien allow you to create/promote to 4 star generals (say max 2 active) - it will be great too. Finaly no doubt about c-i-c.
Were **** generals/admirals used in the period? The US didn't have many, the US Navy they were mostly appointment ranks - i.e. the rank came from appointment to a specific post and they reverted to a lower rank when they left the post.
I think it would be better if Theatre commanders were appointed - and at a cost to demote. There would be a penalty on higher senority *** in the theatre, but you would not get the problem with command changing when you rail a general through the theatre.

Kensai

Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:53 pm

But there is the filter for the theater boundaries, isn't there? I wish there was a sea theater filter (or the theater one worked for sea as well) as there are sea C-in-C as well.
Großdeutschland Mod

sagji
Lieutenant

Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:30 am

There is a land theatre view - but you then have to find every XXX general in the theatre or who will move through it.

Simply making the theatre mode show sea theatres, and to show details of the theatre's CinC - in the same way the supply filter shows supply information.

Return to “Pride of Nations”