MarkCSA
Location: In a safe place, they couldn't hit an elephant at this distance

S-P colonial policy help needed

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:28 am

Amici,

Can anyone give me some pointers on what to do in the 1850s colonization-wise as S-P? I am sending everything I can find (and pay for) into Libya, Somalia and Ethiopia, but get stuck around 30% (and, inevitably natives burn down my stuff). The coffee, dyes and opium are nice though. Apart from general tips, two questions:

1) Should I put troops on my colonial possesions to protect them?

2) How do I send Explorers and the other mission associated with it?
Murphy's Law of Combat: 'The most dangerous thing on a battlefield? An officer with a map'

Ech Heftag
Sergeant

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:25 pm

You'll get the full range of your colonial options only after you've successfully united Italy. Just be patient and wait.

To your questions: Yes, you should. Maybe not in every colonial province, but some troops in key locations don't hurt. Use the small expeditionary battalions for garrison duty. To play the explorer card, you need to have a unit of explorers in an adjacent province. Keep in mind, though, that the card can fail and that your explorers alone are rather fragile.

MarkCSA
Location: In a safe place, they couldn't hit an elephant at this distance

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:34 pm

Ech Heftag wrote:You'll get the full range of your colonial options only after you've successfully united Italy. Just be patient and wait.

To your questions: Yes, you should. Maybe not in every colonial province, but some troops in key locations don't hurt. Use the small expeditionary battalions for garrison duty. To play the explorer card, you need to have a unit of explorers in an adjacent province. Keep in mind, though, that the card can fail and that your explorers alone are rather fragile.

Right, I can't build explorers yet, I think or am I overlooking a unit type?
Murphy's Law of Combat: 'The most dangerous thing on a battlefield? An officer with a map'

Francois Xavier
Conscript

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:12 am

MarkCSA wrote:Right, I can't build explorers yet, I think or am I overlooking a unit type?

Choose all military units and keep scrolling right. There are more infantry options after the boats, iirc.

Return to “Pride of Nations”