Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

several questions

Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 am

Well i have several questions:

1. in a game as turkey I had huge problems with rebel armies, especially in north africa, how to deal with them except keeping a HUGE garrison force there? I had like 3 infantry corps in constant move down there and it only contained the rebel forces. Same problem in Mesopotamia...

2. the pacify, prosecute and the third option which involve troops, what good are they doing?
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

squidelica
Sergeant

Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:11 am

its tough, you have to fight it out with them, make sure you have troops postioned in adjacent regions to prevent them retreating into them, make sure that those troops are in an offensive posture, then send an army (also in an offensive posture) into the region containing the rebels.
with multiple rebel outbreaks you can kind of 'herd' them around the map using this technique untill you can get them into a postion where you can wipe them out in one go
also use 2 star leaders with high seniority to attack rebels and pretty soon you'll end up with loads of 3 star genrals and loads of 2 star commanders to replace the ones youve promoted.......

HappyBanker
Conscript

Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:14 am

squidelica wrote:its tough, you have to fight it out with them, make sure you have troops postioned in adjacent regions to prevent them retreating into them, make sure that those troops are in an offensive posture, then send an army (also in an offensive posture) into the region containing the rebels.
with multiple rebel outbreaks you can kind of 'herd' them around the map using this technique untill you can get them into a postion where you can wipe them out in one go
also use 2 star leaders with high seniority to attack rebels and pretty soon you'll end up with loads of 3 star genrals and loads of 2 star commanders to replace the ones youve promoted.......

Good to know... Especially about the generals management thing :) . I had difficulties finding enough generals.

Concerning rebels I was wondering if having fast troops (i.e. cavalry) changes anything to the abality to actually engage the rebels and wipe them out?

Le Ricain

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:26 am

You need the cavalry to help you locate the rebels. Infantry, on its own, is not very good at finding the irregular rebels. Cavalry, with its higher patrol value, will do the trick.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

HappyBanker
Conscript

Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:05 pm

Hum I think I have to get back a little to the manual concerning patrol values... But thanks, helpfull.

Return to “Pride of Nations”