Pierre
Private

"Mission cannot be built"

Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Hello there,

Often after sucessfully launching a "Mission" colonial operation, I get a message saying the Mission building could not be built, because incompatible (I don't recall the exact terms of the message, sorry).

I would like to have more details about this, because I don't really understand why mission can be launched, while building cannot be built... :bonk:

Thanks for your help.

willgamer
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:11 pm

Pierre wrote:Hello there,

Often after sucessfully launching a "Mission" colonial operation, I get a message saying the Mission building could not be built, because incompatible (I don't recall the exact terms of the message, sorry).

I would like to have more details about this, because I don't really understand why mission can be launched, while building cannot be built... :bonk:

Thanks for your help.

AFAIK, there is a mix and match of reasons; any or all of these may apply:

* Conditions have changed by the turn of implementation.

* There were (and possibly still are) some minor bugs in the scripts or tooltips.

* Building anything in the period of history is not supposed to be a sure thing by design in PoN.

This applies to almost all colonial actions, not just missions.

HTH :)

Pierre
Private

Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:28 pm

The message I have most of the time is "A mission wouldn't be valid in this region".

montgomeryjlion
Captain

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:28 pm

9 times out of 10, this means that there is a local military unit (maybe hidden by FOW) in the province. The AI is quite good about moving it s units around to do this. Same thing happens with trading posts. Only way round it is to have one of your military units in the same area.

Tuoweit
Conscript

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:51 pm

montgomeryjlion wrote:9 times out of 10, this means that there is a local military unit (maybe hidden by FOW) in the province. The AI is quite good about moving it s units around to do this. Same thing happens with trading posts. Only way round it is to have one of your military units in the same area.

Ah is that the reason... thanks for the explanation! I only wish the requirement to not have any foreign troops was listed in the tooltip, would have saved me tons of cash.

Return to “Pride of Nations”