Prussian Prince
Captain

Anything New?

Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:16 pm

Haven't seen anything new here in awhile. Anything new to report? Pocus...Phil?
Player of many Ageod Games : AACW, ROP, BOA2 and PON!

Beta Tester for EU2 and HOI3:thumbsup:

Pocus

Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:49 pm

It is true that there was a little lull in the dev of VGN because of the release of Rise of Prussia. Still several of the volunteers advanced in the historical data base. For example we are now deciding which generals will make into the game: VGN is not as focused as our past games on the military (i.e a good half of your time will be spent on industrializing your country, colonizing savages lands and all these things), so not all generals of the 1850-1920 period will be available to you (that would be far too much).

We are also working on the Commander in chiefs of the era, i.e special generals/marshals able to give modifiers to the whole military of your nation.

On the code front, work is resuming now at full speed on the diplomacy module, we are discussing how trade agreements are done and what you can ask or expect from a peace treaty.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

ham
Private

Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:14 am

I was relieved to hear your reply. :)
I fancy your chances of making it great. :thumbsup:

Prussian Prince
Captain

Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:49 pm

Thanks Pocus...can't wait for this game :thumbsup: :coeurs:
Player of many Ageod Games : AACW, ROP, BOA2 and PON!

Beta Tester for EU2 and HOI3:thumbsup:

Pocus

Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:57 pm

We are also advancing on the air module front by the way. Things won't be as complex as a whole 'air war module' like say in the Hearts of Iron serie, but much more involved though than just attaching an air squadron to a land unit to get some modifiers if a combat occurs. The middle ground we strive to strike here...

(yes, airship. Definitively. Must add airship. airship. airship. airship. Did I say airship?)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

lodilefty

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:05 pm

Pocus wrote:(yes, airship. Definitively. Must add airship. airship. airship. airship. Did I say airship?)

...and Montgolfier Brothers with their Baloon????? :blink:

:mdr:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Respenus

Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:14 pm

Pocus wrote:(yes, airship. Definitively. Must add airship. airship. airship. airship. Did I say airship?)

And thus you have built yourself a shrine, upon which the sacrifices of all dirigible lovers will be offered and your name shall forever enter the language of geeks.

Rexor
Sergeant

Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:20 pm

lodilefty wrote:...and Montgolfier Brothers with their Baloon????? :blink:

:mdr:

Only after they have washed....
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."—Samuel Johnson

Pocus

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:09 am

Tech 1 Airship

Pocus

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:09 am

Tech 187 Airship

Andriko
Corporal

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:35 pm

Wow!

A Steampunk fantasy come true. This had better not be a joke!

Pocus

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:58 am

Well, we already had this discussion, half serious half a joke... The original game will definitively not be steampunk, but we would be interested in the team to make a steampunk add-on, indeed :)

Respenus

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:20 pm

Pocus wrote:Well, we already had this discussion, half serious half a joke... The original game will definitively not be steampunk, but we would be interested in the team to make a steampunk add-on, indeed :)

Bought, bought, bought! I don't care about the cost, as long as you are willing to sell. I already knew this would be the best game ever :coeurs:

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Vgn!!!

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:24 pm

I TOO WILL BUY IT! IF I LIVE LONG ENOUGH!! t :thumbsup:

Adlertag

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:54 pm

The science fiction novel Robur the Conqueror by Jules Verne (1886) was maybe the first example of what we call steampunk fantasy.

La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

Respenus

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:33 pm

Please don't these me. I'm a great steampunk fan (as far as the representation of technology goes, not the sub-culture associated with it), so all of this is making me salivate.

Yet there is only one single true airship. The honourable dirigible.

CarnageINC
Sergeant

Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:09 am

Pocus wrote:We are also advancing on the air module front by the way. Things won't be as complex as a whole 'air war module' like say in the Hearts of Iron serie, but much more involved though than just attaching an air squadron to a land unit to get some modifiers if a combat occurs. The middle ground we strive to strike here...

(yes, airship. Definitively. Must add airship. airship. airship. airship. Did I say airship?)

I bet adding aircraft into the mix made for some difficult decisions on what route to take. I personally I'm not sure that attaching air squadrons is the route to take. Why couldn't you use something similar to how commanding generals project their abilities over a certain range. That way they are separate but don't actually have to be moved to participate in combat. There could be a whole range of modifiers....better recon, counter recon, supply interdiction, interception, etc....etc...that could only have a small effect on the whole front. Hitting the shift key could show you their range....it would be cooler that way ....IMO.

Pocus

Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:15 am

You are close to our way of doing things. Air squadrons are not attached to combat units, providing them with an abstract modifier. They do perform missions in the game, independently or in conjunction with land units, but they are separate elements.

CarnageINC
Sergeant

Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:17 pm

Pocus wrote:You are close to our way of doing things. Air squadrons are not attached to combat units, providing them with an abstract modifier. They do perform missions in the game, independently or in conjunction with land units, but they are separate elements.

Are there going to be only certain territories that have ability to have air units in the....air bases and such or will they be able to move like land units?

Pocus

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:36 am

you can relocate them, each airbase is somehow mobile and has both service personnel and planes.

CarnageINC
Sergeant

Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:52 pm

That makes sense considering the era of flight your dealing with. If your ever to do more modern conflicts with fixed wing aircraft you run into problems of airbases. Helicopter units could use the weight values your ships use and be transferable on land....quite like ships just on land! But that's a side thought. Has anyone in AGEod considered modern conflicts yet or is that not the AGE engines cup of tea?

Pocus

Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:26 am

No plan to go more modern than Vietnam. As for Vietnam, I did not say either that it was planned anytime soon, but we considered it :)

Hobbes

Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:29 pm

I think it would be nice to see something different. I would certainly buy a Vietnam or Steampunk game. Steampunk might be a fun mod :)

Attachments
War-of-the-World-Goliath.jpg

Return to “Pride of Nations”