vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Can anyone send a save game with the lag problem to Pocus?

Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:33 pm

Greetings. Last week, Pocus asked if I would send him a save game with the lag problem. I cannot do so, because my save files were deleted somehow. I am not very good with computers.

I know many others have had a problem with the F4 - F11 lag times, which really disrupt the game.

I do think we have a chance to have a patch that would fix this and the immortal garrison problem - with these problems solved, the 1.04 beta patch would be a huge improvement to the game.

Sorry for whining, but it is a real loss to be unable to enjoy PON for over a year. In my view, no other game even comes close.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help, and I apologize for my lack of computer skills, which makes this request necessary.

Christophe.Barot

Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:03 pm

problem is I unistalled the 1.04 version, in order to be able to continue to play, and play only with 1.03e (precisely because lag made 1.03 version unplayable), so all my saves are with 1.03e

else, if I want to lag again, it's easy, will just install the 1.04 again - I don't know if linked with saves, is with engine version I guess, but I let Pocus expertise it (if possible on a normal powered PC) he's uncommensurably more competent than I am
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:17 pm

Christophe.Barot wrote:problem is I unistalled the 1.04 version, in order to be able to continue to play, and play only with 1.03e (precisely because lag made 1.03 version unplayable), so all my saves are with 1.03e

else, if I want to lag again, it's easy, will just install the 1.04 again - I don't know if linked with saves, is with engine version I guess, but I let Pocus expertise it (if possible on a normal powered PC) he's uncommensurably more competent than I am

I've got exactly the same issue. If I run a turn using 1.04 then trying to use F4 etc is nearly impossible, but the same turn with 1.03e and its all ok. So its not really differences in the save but in the game engine I use. However, I've attached a very late game save (from 1919) that can be tested using both versions:

[ATTACH]29527[/ATTACH]
Attachments
late game save.zip
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 151 times
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

HerrDan

Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:18 pm

loki100 wrote:I've got exactly the same issue. If I run a turn using 1.04 then trying to use F4 etc is nearly impossible, but the same turn with 1.03e and its all ok. So its not really differences in the save but in the game engine I use. However, I've attached a very late game save (from 1919) that can be tested using both versions:

[ATTACH]29527[/ATTACH]

Thank you very much Loki for once again doing the PoN comunity a great favor! I have never installed the 1.04 after I read about the two bugs it had, so I couldn't help here.

Cheers. :)
"Das Glück hilft dem Kühnen."

German Empire PON 1880 AAR:http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?35152-German-Empire-not-quite-an-AAR

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:51 am

loki100 wrote:I've got exactly the same issue. If I run a turn using 1.04 then trying to use F4 etc is nearly impossible, but the same turn with 1.03e and its all ok. So its not really differences in the save but in the game engine I use. However, I've attached a very late game save (from 1919) that can be tested using both versions:

[ATTACH]29527[/ATTACH]

Loki, my deepest thanks. It is hard to express how grateful I am for all you have done for this game, and you have just stepped up again to help us all.

Pocus

Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:17 am

Thanks Loki! I'll look into that with my off-work hours no later than this Sunday :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:25 pm

Pocus wrote:Thanks Loki! I'll look into that with my off-work hours no later than this Sunday :)

Wonderful news!

HerrDan

Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:48 pm

Pocus wrote:Thanks Loki! I'll look into that with my off-work hours no later than this Sunday :)

Great news indeed! :)
"Das Glück hilft dem Kühnen."

German Empire PON 1880 AAR:http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?35152-German-Empire-not-quite-an-AAR

Return to “Pride of Nations”