Templer
General

Yes, I received more than I asked for...

Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:29 pm

Pride of Nations: Developer Interview Video with Philippe Thibaut
[video=youtube;mXzX30P-uUE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXzX30P-uUE[/video]

At time 3:33 you say Sir "... And this time I think they will receive more than they asked for...".

Maybe, we'll actually received more than we asked for.
However, I personally love everything (* theoretically) what I received with Pride of Nations.
I think that I am not alone on this.

* theoretically?
I do not love the bugs, the blunder, the inconsistencies, the partially useless manual that I have received. :(
Greetings
Templer

Kensai

Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:05 am

The game came out in a unique moment in AGEOD's life. It was still part of Paradox (France) and had little say on certain aspects of the development. That said, the game has been remarkable since it came out in 2011. I do understand your frustration, I love this game so much it pains me I cannot get the most out of it given the long turns and certain small bugs that accrue, BUT I would be a total crook if I said I did not have a bang for my money.

Let the devs meet the deadline for EAW and we can cross fingers there will be a "Gold" version of PON where the last missing features are added and the last known bugs squashed. In the meantime, rest assured that many hiccups reported in these forums get corrected on the fly, most of the time they are database issues not engine errors.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Christophe.Barot

Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:03 pm

AGEOD is remown for his follow-up of titles, they don't let their fans orphans

still this said, PON can't be their main project any longer

some people are actually working on the project - dedicated ones I can assure you

next version ("Gold" ?) should see improvements in following fields :
- diplomacy
- some bugs corrected
- more and improved events
- coding (this part is entirely up to AGEOD/Slitherine team)

of course, no dateline can be promised presently, as "free volunteers" like Kensai, Loki or me work in part of their free time, according to availabilities and inspiration (we're NOT part of the staff, you know, we do that on our free time, which is not exclusively devoted to scripting) and AGEOD team has not the numbers of paradox, and, competent and devoted to games, history and their public as they are, they have current projects to run as a prioprity, or AGEOD will close shop, and any hope to improve PON with it ...

keep vocal about support of PON (and make advertising about PON Gold around when it will be "on the shelves" if you like it)
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

Return to “Pride of Nations”