Taciturn Scot
Sergeant

Pon 2?

Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:40 pm

I see there are quite a few threads in the Help Improve PON forum called PON2 -'XYZ' made by one of the developers. Does this mean that there's a PON2 in development? :love:

PhilThib

Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:32 pm

No, nothing official, but quite a few members have engaged in a project of improving the current PON. May be they can get some help later with code-related issues, but nothing is official nor started on our side. But we shall support all good will

Kensai

Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:28 pm

PON2 would be a dream, but AGEOD should not attempt it before solving the long turn process time of such a complex game. Nonetheless, Taciturn Scot, rest assured that there are many brilliant and dedicated players improving PON in all its aspects. Start a new game (as long as it is v1.03d or later) without fear. If you get yourself stuck in any place, we can help you out with ad hoc scripted solutions.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

anjou
Lieutenant

Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:49 pm

I know Id be one to jump on a sequel if it existed.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:08 pm

I would gladly buy this the day it came out, happily paying $60.00 or more. PON 1 was grossly underpriced at $20.00, and I think this actually hurt the sale of the game, as people wondered why the price of a new game of this scope would be so low.

Templer
General

Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:29 pm

PON for me, is one of the greatest games I know.
Unfortunately, there are still flaws in the game.
I'm not enthusiastisch for a sequel where I fear to pay again for unfinished business.

If PON is not repaired, why should I believe that it gets better with a PON2 ?
Greetings
Templer

Christophe.Barot

Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:04 pm

basically "PON2" or "PON Gold "is presently a "game in being" the same way German high seas fleet was a "fleet in being" - there is the potential, but sortie is a hard decision :D :coeurs:

there is a small volunteer free lance - linked to AGEOD (friends and PON fanbase, including historical researchers, seasoned modders ..) but not AGEOD team for now - dedicated to improve especially
- events
- balance of game
- through them chrome, historicity, play balance
- correcting some bugs (as long as code is not concerned and is accessible to modders)

and we could be reinforced by some input of AGEOD team, perhaps (but likely)

this is present resources presently devoted to working on project (Kensai, Loki, myself, others ....) and with AGEOD help we will get limited coding help in addition

imho either it will allow (if other bonus given, like new scenario (s) ) an add on, or it will be incorporated to a free patch - having more AI diplomatic reactivity is one of our primary goals in any case

so a better PON is on way anyway

second point - examination of a new PON with multithread - this is an addition to the present work - which is a certainty (I've been scripting heavily since 3 months and will go on, so will others ..)

the new PON with multithread, likely to adress the long turn problem needs heavy programming - so is under examination of AGEOD team, who are the only one able to accurately give you information on it

so, it's like a 2 stairs rocket - improved PON is a certainty (as I hardly see AGEOD let down volunteer team) and you'll get it ... as soon as possible (we're as willing as you to get it ready, but the ones spending evenings and week ends scripting, so ... Hofstadter's law) - PON2 solving long terms is AGEOD' evaluation and call - word is theirs

cheers and happy new year to you all !
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:33 pm

Well, you have just made my new year a lot happier, as I look forward to an improved PON!

Thank you Christophe, and a happy new year to you as well!

squidelica
Sergeant

Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:45 pm

so erm, where can i get these improvement then :)

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:20 am

squidelica wrote:so erm, where can i get these improvement then

look at the Help Improve PoN directory. At this stage it is all broken down and you'll need to copy and clean up the events into the game files yourself. Ideally at some stage, a selection is made as to what is officially accepted and will be added to those files.

some of the events are simply making things work, such as Christophe's on the First and Second Balkan War, some are probably more to be seen as alt-hist mods (Kensai around an Austrian win in 1867) but then some of the relevant suggestions should be in the base game, some are currently being developed.

Feel free to chip in, either with code or with comments. If there is an over-arching view then its got two bits. First to make the in-game events work. Second to make the world of 1910 look sort of realistic (subject to what the player has done). Beyond that, some are designed to improve the flavour of the game or to create a more responsive diplomatic AI.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Kensai

Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:20 am

squidelica, you can also describe us here what you want to see in game and make sure (even customize) some of the events to have this reality morph somehow. Even small changes can have profound effects in the challenge you encounter. Personally, I play with 2x historical attrition and applied to all. This way there are a lot of production cycles going to supplies and my whole game is slowed down a little. This is imperative in a multiplayer that starts in 1850, but can give challenges even to single-player.

Which country and campaign will you be playing?
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Crixdaz
Sergeant

Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:58 pm

It's a nice idea to unite the community for fix the game. I like this game very much, and I'd like to help ;) . I have no idea to mod this game, but whith some tutorial or manual I could learn.

I'm playing right now with the Ottomans and I've seen that they have no choice in the Holy land incident. I think this could be fixed with a some events, some kind of negociation between the ottomans and the russians. Depending of the support of Britain or France, the russians can demand more or less and if the negociations fail: Crimean War.

Exists already in the game some negotiations like this one, for use it as an example?
Excuse my bad english, don't doubt to correct me ;)

czert2
Brigadier General

Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:38 pm

squidelica wrote:so erm, where can i get these improvement then :)

well, if you join team, you will get them "imediatly and for free" :) .

Return to “Pride of Nations”