PhilThib

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:50 am

I do :) :cool:

Laudon
Conscript

Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi,
I have a question about the manual. It seems there are two versions: the 68 pages long official (from GG preorder) and the second one which comes with demo version. This PDF has many more pages and is marked with version number, as other Ageod manuals. Are there any differences other than layout? As I hate reading on the screen, I'm asking which one to print out to start learning. Thanks.

PhilThib

Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:28 pm

There is only one version of the manual at the moment, the one with the GG version has been duly setup and laid-out by a team of print professional, which explains why it is shorter in pages (but the content is similar).

So I suggest you print the one from GG :cool:

Stonewall

Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:23 am

Grim.Reaper wrote:Sorry that is incorrect. Every game I have purchased from Gamersgate including Rise of Prussia and War in America do not prompt me for any login or connection. Just tried reinstalling both of these with no issues whatsoever. During the first time you install a Gamersgate Game, it creates the typical setup files in the temp directory. During the first install after you download, the games setup program will run. While that screen is up, if you alt-tab out to the temp directory you'll see the files like setup.exe and such you would typically find on a CD. Just copy those to another directory and you never have to use the gamersgate install after that. Not sure what to tell you if not working for you.

I do the same thing with respect to copying my non-boxed games to DVD's and an external storage device. GG (not sure when they began doing this) implemented a feature that gives one the option of keeping the temporary setup files on your computer so that if you need to reinstall, there is no need to re-download multi-gigabytes of information. It's a simple prompt that you encounter during the process of installing a game.

I've been using GG for years and never once had a problem.

Respenus

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:23 am

For me, the main reason for wanting to buy directly from Ageod is not only the "simple to install any time you want" installation file, yet also the fact that my ISP has decided that all gamers are evil bastards and has blocked different download managers, for example GG and GOG. Since I live in a student campus, there is little to no chance to convince our evil internet overlords to do something about it. So, direct download is the only way to go for me. Long live Ageod!

One more thing. When exactly will we be able to order VoN from the Ageod site? I'm hoping its not another problem with your store provider.

willgamer
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:51 pm

Respenus wrote:One more thing. When exactly will we be able to order VoN from the Ageod site? I'm hoping its not another problem with your store provider.

+1 :siffle:

Crazer
Conscript

Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:01 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong: the game costs 20 euros in Europe (that's what GG shop shows me) and 20 dollars in US (checked, for example, http://www.pcgamestore.com)? But that makes about 45% difference in price, considering exchange rates. Or am I missing something?

Franciscus

Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:41 pm

Crazer wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong: the game costs 20 euros in Europe (that's what GG shop shows me) and 20 dollars in US (checked, for example, http://www.pcgamestore.com)? But that makes about 45% difference in price, considering exchange rates. Or am I missing something?

You are correct, and that's unfortunately something usual and very unfair, IMHO (pricing in euros = dollars).
There are some publishers that are doing things differently, though (as GOG did with The Witcher 2 :coeurs :)

Nevertheless, regarding PoN, I do not really care, as I would buy it even if it costed 3 times more :thumbsup:

DooberGuy
Lieutenant

Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:48 pm

Crazer wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong: the game costs 20 euros in Europe (that's what GG shop shows me) and 20 dollars in US (checked, for example, http://www.pcgamestore.com)? But that makes about 45% difference in price, considering exchange rates. Or am I missing something?

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but EVERYTHING is more expensive in Europe. I'm an American, but I've visited Europe many times and believe me when I say that the exchange rate doesn't even begin to cover the difference in prices. The difference in taxes, wage rates, and inefficient supply chains is HUGE.

Crazer
Conscript

Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:51 pm

Franciscus wrote:You are correct, and that's unfortunately something usual and very unfair, IMHO (pricing in euros = dollars).
There are some publishers that are doing things differently, though (as GOG did with The Witcher 2 :coeurs :)

Nevertheless, regarding PoN, I do not really care, as I would buy it even if it costed 3 times more :thumbsup:

Well, since it's a digital copy anyway who would buy from a european shop, if you could easily save a few bucks buying from US? I can't really see the logic behind all that, unless there's some sort of IP or credit card blocking for european customers buying from US sites. I'll check that soon, as I'm going to preorder and I was surprised a bit by GG price. Here, in Russia, 20 bucks or 20 euros makes quite a difference.

Respenus

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:05 pm

Crazer wrote:I can't really see the logic behind all that, unless there's some sort of IP or credit card blocking for european customers buying from US sites.

Usually there is. At least on the Ageod site it is and that's one of the reasons there have been so many problems with buying products in the past. But Philippe resolves that fairly quickly, so there's no bother. You still need to pay in euros though.

Bruit Bleu

PON is available at Ageod's Nexway

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:06 pm

TYW Baroque music mod

« Dulce Bellum Inexpertis »
Erasmus

Respenus

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:21 pm

Can this be true? We are already allowed to download it? In any case, bought, bought, bought! :coeurs: :thumbsup:

Now, where do I apply for my DLC? :love:

wosung

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:21 pm

Ok, THIS really made my day.

Having to choose between A) lifting PON in the GG charts and B) supporting the two Phils by paying them more directly ... just really isn't a choice. Even if in the end profit-wise there'd be no difference for them, it still would be a symbolic act.

If only we could get full access to the PON section in the Paradox forum in case the Ageod forum should close - which I do not hope at all ...

Best regards to all who made PON possible

caranorn

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:27 pm

Download completed at 20:27:01...
Marc aka Caran...

marcusjm
Colonel

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:45 pm

DooberGuy wrote:I hate to be the one to tell you this, but EVERYTHING is more expensive in Europe. I'm an American, but I've visited Europe many times and believe me when I say that the exchange rate doesn't even begin to cover the difference in prices. The difference in taxes, wage rates, and inefficient supply chains is HUGE.

Not all areas. I was shocked with the pricing in Florida for brekfast or jut regular coffe, what crisis ;) .

Crazer
Conscript

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:04 pm

Just bought it from US version of AGEOD site without any problem for 20 dollars. Downloading now.

John Sedgwick
Colonel

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:16 pm

Just finished downloading. There goes my life... I foresee developing a serious Pr0N addiction ;)
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Respenus

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:06 pm

I know this may be far too early to ask, yet can we expect the patch to be offered for download here on the forums before the big brass at Paradox QA decide that its appropriate? If not, would you care to tell?

Prussian Prince
Captain

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:36 pm

Downloaded and installed! :dada: :happyrun: :winner:
Player of many Ageod Games : AACW, ROP, BOA2 and PON!

Beta Tester for EU2 and HOI3:thumbsup:

marcusjm
Colonel

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:40 pm

Funny thing is that while waiting for GG to release the game I have been browsing through E3 news. One shooter after another and other super mainstream games. There is absolutely nothing that interests me so far.

All I can say, thank god for AGEOD :) .

gekkoguy82
Major

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:22 pm

marcusjm wrote:Funny thing is that while waiting for GG to release the game I have been browsing through E3 news. One shooter after another and other super mainstream games. There is absolutely nothing that interests me so far.

All I can say, thank god for AGEOD :) .

My gf already wants me to buy the virtual disneyland game microsoft announced for the xbox 360 Kinect :neener:

Let's go June 7, gamersgate buyers can't wait forever! I really like gg but part of me wishes I'd gotten it right from here. Oh well, it's been what, five years in development? I can wait a handful more hours :happyrun:

marcusjm
Colonel

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:26 pm

Well I some mainstream gaming too with Fruit Ninja on IPad but Lie would be sad if those games were all the only choice for gaming.

Still planning to buy the new Combat Mission game once it comes out on GG.

Ironchancellor
Sergeant

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:22 am

Hello im still waiting from GG maybe when i wake up tomorrow it will feel like Xmas opening up the goodies. :w00t:

Franciscus

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:28 am

It's out already at Ageod shop ?

Oh well, as I am on Hospital duty this night :( (and tomorrow I will dead-beat tired), I definitely can wait for it to show at GG.

Besides, I have a feeling that PoN is not quite the "instant-gratification" type of game... :mdr:

Ironchancellor
Sergeant

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:21 am

The trouble is what do you do first with this type of game? Learn the controls or read the manual. The tutorial is rather basic on the demo but the only thing that didnt seem right was where it claimed you can drag military units into a city. It didnt seem to work with me maybe it will be different in the actual game. Otherwise the online manual is mindblowing 164 pages - bigger than Paradoxes games. Hope you got enough ink in your printers :D

von Sachsen
Captain

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:43 am

Ironchancellor wrote:The trouble is what do you do first with this type of game? Learn the controls or read the manual. The tutorial is rather basic on the demo but the only thing that didnt seem right was where it claimed you can drag military units into a city. It didnt seem to work with me maybe it will be different in the actual game. Otherwise the online manual is mindblowing 164 pages - bigger than Paradoxes games. Hope you got enough ink in your printers :D

I will probably play the scenarios, partially to get a feel for the game, though mostly in hopes that a beta patch is released very soon.

Greybriar
Corporal

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:52 am

Pre-ordered! :thumbsup:
Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not: The world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. --Calvin Coolidge

Pocus

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:21 am

Respenus wrote:I know this may be far too early to ask, yet can we expect the patch to be offered for download here on the forums before the big brass at Paradox QA decide that its appropriate? If not, would you care to tell?

Sorry no, we must wait for QA approval for the first patch. No public beta patch thus.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

LUDOPEREZ
Major

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:15 am

PhilThib wrote:Anyway, we have decided that whoever buys the game from Ageod will be allowed to contact us here and receive the pre-order scenario in return :cool:

Hi Philippe, i bought the game directly from AGEOD.
as I can get the bonus scenary of Usa-spanish war? :love:

Return to “Pride of Nations”