Franciscus

confusing end screen ?

Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:39 am

As I am getting myself ready for the "big one" :wacko: I tried tonight Serbia scenario as AH. I won every battle but did not conquer any strategic city. In the end, I get this result (pic)

Win or draw ? :neener:
Attachments
win or draw.jpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

calvinus

Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:32 am

I encountered this rare confusing bug in Guns of August scenario currently under development. It's a rare case not covered by the scenario Goals.xls DB... :(

Anyway: CP won.

Nikel

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:21 am

Franciscus wrote:As I am getting myself ready for the "big one" :wacko: I tried tonight Serbia scenario as AH. I won every battle but did not conquer any strategic city. In the end, I get this result (pic)

Win or draw ? :neener:

Franciscus AKA Pyrrhus ;)

calvinus

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:27 am

Nikel wrote:Franciscus AKA Pyrrhus ;)

Exactly so!

From 2 to 4 VPs it's a draw, but anyway AH got 4 VPs so it's somehow a "victory"...

That's why you see AH wins... a draw! :mdr:

This is lesser than a victory... :D

Franciscus

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:51 am

My dear Nikel, as I said already many times, playing to win is not my top priority :) On the contrary, historic "plausability", flavor, and coherence are important to me.

So:
calvinus wrote:Exactly so!

From 2 to 4 VPs it's a draw, but anyway AH got 4 VPs so it's somehow a "victory"...

That's why you see AH wins... a draw! :mdr:

This is lesser than a victory... :D

If I understand correctly what I get was simply a draw. Is there no way to correct how the end game text is composed, to reflect simply the result according to the scenario design, regardless of how many VP were in fact gained ?
(that and a little flavor :love: for example: "The AH armies although victorious in the field, inflicting heavy losses to the serbians, were unable to conquer Belgrade. The war will continue" - but this is just me... ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

calvinus

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:12 am

Franciscus wrote:If I understand correctly what I get was simply a draw. Is there no way to correct how the end game text is composed, to reflect simply the result according to the scenario design, regardless of how many VP were in fact gained ?
(that and a little flavor :love: for example: "The AH armies although victorious in the field, inflicting heavy losses to the serbians, were unable to conquer Belgrade. The war will continue" - but this is just me... ;)

This would be nice, but every scenario goals are scripted differently.

The right title should have been: "AH scored more points..."
Then the sub title: "...but it's a draw!"
And so on.

calvinus

Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:39 pm

Maybe it can give you some pleasure...

With 1.08I currently under development (where new AI improvements have been introduced), playing as Serbia in the same scenario, I was defeated by Austrian AI:

Major victory for Austria..... :neener:

wodin
Sergeant

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:56 pm

I would like to see a little more flair in the text at the end of the battle...infact I'd like to see said flair but in the battle log window aswell...just a bit of imaginative flair to add immersion and spice things up a little..I want the battle log more to read like a battle description than the dry way it is now...obviously keep the info side but just some descriptive language thrown in aswell...

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:41 pm

Here's a screenshot from one of my previous games. I'm still not sure what all the stars, skulls, and hammer&sickles meant? IIRC, I was playing the Entente in 4 player mode and thought I had the game won until the final screen :tournepas
Attachments
CP Win.png

calvinus

Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:37 am

Stars : positive VPs
Squlls : negative VPs
Hammers & Sickles : Communist Revolution penalty points

In the end the net balance (CPs - Entente) is 10 VPs in your (CP) favor: you got a minor victory.

wodin
Sergeant

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:44 pm

wodin wrote:I would like to see a little more flair in the text at the end of the battle...infact I'd like to see said flair but in the battle log window aswell...just a bit of imaginative flair to add immersion and spice things up a little..I want the battle log more to read like a battle description than the dry way it is now...obviously keep the info side but just some descriptive language thrown in aswell...

How about it Calvinus?

Return to “Help improve WW1!”