AndrewKurtz

M/A Key request

Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:22 pm

One request and one question:

Request: I'd like to see the M and A keys cycle through the units (mandatory attacks/armies) instead of just going to the next one. Or, especially in the case of the "A" key, is there a way to tell it to ignore an army you do not intend to move?

Question: Playing Army-by-Army mode and, in August, I had Austrian units with a mandatory attack. I activated them, but they never met the mandatory attack requirements (i.e. they were always the unit I went to when I hit "M"). I found myself stuck and not knowing how to resolve the issue. I couldn't advance the turn...but I could activate them again. What was I missing?

PS - Just noticed that was post #500. I spend too much time on these forums :wacko:

calvinus

Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:57 pm

AndrewKurtz wrote:Request: I'd like to see the M and A keys cycle through the units (mandatory attacks/armies) instead of just going to the next one. Or, especially in the case of the "A" key, is there a way to tell it to ignore an army you do not intend to move?

Mmhh.. a bit complex, but it can be done. Surely not the "ignore an army you do not intend to move". :wacko:

AndrewKurtz wrote:Question: Playing Army-by-Army mode and, in August, I had Austrian units with a mandatory attack. I activated them, but they never met the mandatory attack requirements (i.e. they were always the unit I went to when I hit "M"). I found myself stuck and not knowing how to resolve the issue. I couldn't advance the turn...but I could activate them again. What was I missing?

I discovered it too. In army-by-army mode, you are not forced to plan attacks even if a mandatory one is required, but when you finish your activations the turn is stuck! :wacko: It's "a cheat that looks a bug", and "a bug inside a cheat" :D

Anthropoid
Lieutenant

Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:19 pm

calvinus wrote:Mmhh.. a bit complex, but it can be done. Surely not the "ignore an army you do not intend to move". :wacko:

I discovered it too. In army-by-army mode, you are not forced to plan attacks even if a mandatory one is required, but when you finish your activations the turn is stuck! :wacko: It's "a cheat that looks a bug", and "a bug inside a cheat" :D

Another item for the next beta patch? :w00t:

I'm not certain what the M and A hot-keys presently do, but I agree with the suggestion that being able to scroll through the armies would be handy!

AndrewKurtz

Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:47 pm

calvinus wrote:It's "a cheat that looks a bug", and "a bug inside a cheat" :D

Now that's a loop :)

One possible fix could be that,
* if in army-by-army mode
* and the force has a mandatory attack
* and the movement is executed
* and the mandatory attack doesn't occur
then that army remains active and must attack before the activation is considered complete.

Just an idea.

Return to “Help improve WW1!”