patrat
Captain

moving units twice in army by army mode.

Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:41 am

i don't know if this has reported before, but in the army by army mode ive found that you can move units multiple times (i assume multiple attacks too) by simply changing there hq assignment.

it be nice if there was some mechanism that remembers a units already moved and prevents its moving again.

another point,,, ive been getting breakthrough sub phases even i lost the battle.

calvinus

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:29 am

Already known issues... and to be honest really though to find a solution! The porting of a board-game into a PC game generates such unforeseenable situations... :bonk:

patrat
Captain

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:42 am

would there be anyway to limit reassignments to a phase other than the military phase in army by army mode?

could you limit reassignments to the reinforcment phase for example?

just throwing out an idea off the top of my head.

calvinus

Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:56 pm

patrat wrote:another point,,, ive been getting breakthrough sub phases even i lost the battle.

It means you surely have one or more other detachments that can perform a breakthrough (i.e: some stacks that entered an empty area). Those stacks are highlighted with a pink flare.

patrat
Captain

Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:59 pm

oh ok thanks for clarifying that.

i thought a battle had to be fought first, before any breakthrough by those troops.

i didnt realize that just occupying a empty region quialfied as a victory. it makes sense. if troops found no opposition they would indeed press on.

patrat
Captain

Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:57 pm

this is strange. im using advanced pursuit and a austrian army lost a battle that i had a breakthrough planned for, but the game still allowed the whole army, not a just a detachment to perform a breakthrough.

one of that armys detachments did win a battle, but oddly enough no breakthrough was allowed for that battle.

its not a big deal. for the present im sticking to plain pursuits, not advanced. they seem to work fine.

calvinus

Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:54 am

A couple of problem reports are scheduled, so probably I will work on this stuff asap. :)

Return to “Help improve WW1!”