Theodor
Conscript

About the Goeben

Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:36 pm

Hi!

In theboard Game Version you had several options with Goeben depending on the political situation. If Italy had join the CP by Political Poker you was able to send Goeben to them instead and if GB did´nt join the Entente in the first turn you were able to bring home Goeben, (and the raiders), to Germany. If I dont miss something you have no options now, instead you must send the ship to Turkey or to AH. Is it possible to let you choose yourself, or do you allready have that option and I just miss it.

/Thanks Theodor.

calvinus

Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:13 pm

Try detaching the Goeben battlecruiser so creating a single squadron stack, then send it to Germany (alone... very risky! :D ). Perhaps so it works.. ;)

Theodor
Conscript

Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:54 pm

Is the "country-specific" part of the manual intended to be true, or is that part of the manual just a copy from the board-game version?
On page 169 on the chapter "England at Peace" it says that you can move Goeben and the raiders home automaticly, but I dont think that is possible just now. Not a big deal, I´m mostly curious.
Have a happy weekend.

calvinus

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:24 am

Oh... surely a fault copy and paste from the boardgame rules! Damn! The PDF is already finalized and I cannot ask Martin to change it again... stupid me! 230 pages of manual are so many to be corrected... grrr! :bonk:

hellfirejet
Corporal

Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:05 pm

Hello Calvinus,
Regarding the German battlecruiser Goeben and the other German raiders ie the armoured cruisers Scharnhorst , Gneisenau and the light cruisers, does the human player have the opportunity to alter history concerning these ships by sending them back to home waters ?

I love all things naval and I like to make the decisions and not go with what happened in history. :)

My favourite ship in history was the WW2 battlecruiser Scharnhorst so if possible I would like to keep her name sake safe for as long as possible, just a little bit sentimental regarding the name Scharnhorst!!! :thumbsup:

If the Kaiser didn't like the idea of his precious dreadnoughts being damaged, I would like to save the Scharnhorst :coeurs:

calvinus

Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:12 am

The only way is to move them to German coasts... ;)
Currently no teleport event is in the game.

hellfirejet
Corporal

Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:09 am

Move them to the German coast,is that not the same thing home waters, safer zone the Baltic? :)

I'M reading my way throught the new manual excellent! I think the game is brilliant, can't wait to get lost playing it for hours, but work commitments just now won't allow that to happen shame, you also do a great job implementing bug fixes and upgrades thanks !

calvinus

Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:12 am

Yes, choose freely the destination, Wilhelmshaven, Kiel... ;)

hellfirejet
Corporal

Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:18 am

Superb so I can give the Scharnhorst a new paint job and refit :)

calvinus

Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:26 am

Yes, move the fleets around the world as you wish, hoping they do not fall in enemy traps... As soon they reach the German ports, arrange the naval stacks as you wish and repair the damages (remember that Interphases in port bring automatic repairings). The game does not include automatic teleport events, but you have max freedom in moving German fleets: the only restriction is for the Hoch See fleet (that requires for the Kaiser's permission to exit the Whilelmshaven port).

hellfirejet
Corporal

Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:46 am

Thanks Calvinus,
Coming from Britain as I do, you would think I should play as the UK. Nope I like the German ships this war and the 2nd ! Bismarck,Tirpitz,Scharnhorst & Gneisenau were beautiful looking ships :thumbsup:

Return to “Help improve WW1!”