Kaiser1918
Corporal

Observation

Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:14 pm

Hi Calvinus,

one quick observation on my first real playthrough with 1.06. I have no issues with a lag so far.

However, when I scroll through the building window, after scrolling down a bit through all available builds, I get a message stating that Germany aquired the siege technology? Why the popup there?

Another EDIT: If I scroll down to the naval units, I see that most ship counters shown have the same names, though the window states a different name: For example, I get four counters with the name Bayern but the window states, Bayern Modern Battleship Squadron, Baden MBS, Wuerttemberg MBS and Sachsen MBS?

Strat_84
Private

Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:15 pm

calvinus wrote:Bug fixed:
- Fixed the phantom battles bug: those battles that ended without one single round fought

Edit: the number of such phantom battles look now considerably reduced, and the remaining ones are caused by a real absence of troops available for the first lines.

Aaaaahhh, so it was really a bug, not an overrun :D

Awaiting this one eagerly, my past 5 or 6 battles have all been this kind of battle (except that it made me always win the battles instead of loosing) and the game has turned into a walk to Berlin :mdr:

I would suggest also a few improvements :
- Tell the IA that an HQ must have at least 1 corps in 1rst line (I've seen several battle end because the IA had only corps in the reserves and nowhere else)
- Teach the IA to be a bit more careful, as this game I have trapped 2 german armies going straight through my lignes, when its own lignes were completly broken and these armies were very likely to be surrounded unless they retreat.

P.S: Another amazing thing: I got a message telling Turkey discovered strosstruppen ... in 1915. Isn't that technology supposed to be unavailable before 1917 ? :confused:

calvinus

Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:17 pm

In order to make everybody happy, I added a new check-box in the Options window to allow the activation/deactivation of the "max accurated movement filters". :thumbsup:

Kaiser1918
Corporal

Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:42 pm

Hi Luca, have you seen my earlier post about the building window?

calvinus

Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:56 pm

Strat_84 wrote:Tell the IA that an HQ must have at least 1 corps in 1rst line (I've seen several battle end because the IA had only corps in the reserves and nowhere else)

Already done so. 2 corps in Fire-Power doctrine.

Strat_84 wrote:- Teach the IA to be a bit more careful, as this game I have trapped 2 german armies going straight through my lignes, when its own lignes were completly broken and these armies were very likely to be surrounded unless they retreat.

Scheduled.

I still have some "phantom" battle, but surely much less than before.
Now I have absolutely to build the Master for Ascaron. No further delay is admitted... :D

Thanks,
Calvinus.

patrat
Captain

Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:59 pm

calvinus wrote:Two news that will be very welcome! :thumbsup:

AI improvement:
- Improved Military AI in HQ reserves management: now HQs commit at least one corps in first line (two in Fire-Power doctrine), this caused the phantom battles (see Bug Fixes)

Bug fixed:
- Fixed the phantom battles bug: those battles that ended without one single round fought

Edit: the number of such phantom battles look now considerably reduced, and the remaining ones are caused by a real absence of troops available for the first lines.

great news. :happyrun:

hattrick
Lieutenant

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:15 pm

Hi,

Small bug in latest beta, when the Goeben goes to Austria during event, one shows up in Turkey also.
Attachments
August 1914.zip
(434.02 KiB) Downloaded 245 times

Syagrius
Lieutenant

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:14 pm

That patch is just great! Playing with sounds, music etc...no more freezes, siege problems etc...Well its seems all my past problems running the game may be over, merci beaucoup Calvinus :thumbsup: !
Roma Aeterna Est

calvinus

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:19 pm

So excellent news Syagrius! :thumbsup:

The official patch 1.06a and the Big Manual hi-res will be published very soon!

I'm doing the upload of the new WW1 Full Installer 1.06a.
Tomorrow I will do the upload of the Full Installer Demo version.

calvinus

Next Tasks

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:24 pm

I'm glad to share with all of you my next tasks. ;)

1) During this week I have to work out the Russian version of WW1. Side note: a Russian version will be available before any German version is undertaken... no comment! :D

2) Next week I will start working on the priority #1 for 1.07: AI Improvements
As soon a first batch of improvements will be ready, I will publish a first beta 1.06b.

3) Then I will move to the Combat Logs (priority #2). This will require time... and also of your supports for the translations of all new combat texts, for French, Spanish and English language proof-reading! :)

4) Then the priority #3 is the Stacks Reorganization window. :thumbsup:

And so on...

Syagrius
Lieutenant

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:26 pm

Good! I knew I had to be patient, the game is so enjoyable when its working well, that's good WW I stuff for me! :D
Roma Aeterna Est

Flop
Major

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:35 pm

That sounds great Calvinus. Good job on 1.06. :)

I'd like to know a bit more about the combat logs, though. Do you plan to display the combat results and calculations for each round of combat in the regular log, or is there going to be a pop-up window, or something like that, during combat? I'd prefer the latter, since you would get the feedback immediately, rather than having to wait untill the entire battle is over.

calvinus

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:50 pm

Flop wrote:I'd like to know a bit more about the combat logs, though. Do you plan to display the combat results and calculations for each round of combat in the regular log, or is there going to be a pop-up window, or something like that, during combat? I'd prefer the latter, since you would get the feedback immediately, rather than having to wait untill the entire battle is over.

I plan to add a button in the centre of the screen, close to the binocular view. Pressing that button will open a popup window where you see the detailed logs, round by round, with all combat results, occurrences, die rolls and modifiers, calculations etc. etc. You will be able to close the popup (transparent black) and go back to the battle. You will be able to open and close this popup every time you need.

Flop
Major

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:55 pm

That sounds even better than what I had in mind. :D

I'm looking forward to it.

calvinus

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:55 pm

calvinus wrote:...
1) During this week I have to work out the Russian version of WW1. Side note: a Russian version will be available before any German version is undertaken... no comment! :D

Ops... I wrote a wrong sentence.

The right sentence should be:

Side note: a Russian version will be available before the German one!

I'm sorry for the German volunteers who felt offended.

My apologises,
Calvinus.

MartNickV1
Conscript

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:08 pm

And then after lunch, you will demonstrate to us how to juggle 16 balls with one arm tied behind your back? :thumbsup:

patrat
Captain

Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:40 pm

not to sound ungratfull but i hope you find time soon to fix the "no support units from ghq being released" bug.

its not a game breaker but its annoying to have to divide up all the tanks, arty, and stomtroopers among the individual armys.

this game has gone from so so, to fantastic in a relativly short time. thanks to all your tremendous work calvinus.

Anthropoid
Lieutenant

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:22 pm

calvinus wrote:It will become official on next monday, when I will send the new WW1 Master to Ascaron.
So you have the full week-end to report me your feedbacks. ;)

Is the link at the top of this thread now going to the 'official' 1.06 patch?

Should I still go ahead and install the fix that Calvinus refers to? in post #17 of this thread

Temporary fix for 1.06 slowness

I'm guessing that what I'm DLing from the link at the top of this thread still needs to have the Temp fix stuff added to prevent the slowdown, and that the 'official' patch, the one I see Calvinus referring to as '1.06a' in other threads will be forthcoming soon?

Keep up the great work guys!

patrat
Captain

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:26 pm

i installed 1.06, then i installed the fix calvinus made, 1.06a.

my game never crashes anymore in army by army mode.

EDIT.... the official 1.06a patch is out. didnt see it earlier.

Anthropoid
Lieutenant

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:42 pm

patrat wrote:i installed 1.06, then i installed the fix calvinus made, 1.06a.

my game never crashes anymore in army by army mode.

EDIT.... the official 1.06a patch is out. didnt see it earlier.

Where?

AndrewKurtz

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:48 pm

Anthropoid
Lieutenant

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:58 pm

Thanks Andrew. Might be a good idea to either unsticky this thread and create a sticky thread that would take precedence linking to the 1.06a thread, or just to edit the first post by PhilT with a link to the thread for the 1.06a thread.

Before you and Patrat clued me in with the link to the 1.06a thread, I had already DLed and installed the 1.06 patch + Calvinus' "temp fix for 1.06 slowness."

So now I'm wondering if (i) "1.06patch + temp fix" is equivalent to 1.06a, thus mitigating any need to DL 1.06a; or if (ii) there are addtional things in 1.06a besides the temp fix, which would compel me to go ahead and DL 1.06a and overwrite 1.06+temp?

Flop
Major

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:23 pm

The temp fix is actually not a fix, but a roll-back, because the fix that corrected the yellow filter, that tells you how far a stack can move, was causing lags. As far as I understand, though, not everybody is experiencing these lags, and since patch 1.06a has an option to turn the fix (the one that causes lags) on or off, it might be worth downloading that, just to see how it works for you.

If it doesn't cause lags on your system, it's probably worth playing with that option, and if it does you can just change it in the options menu.

AndrewKurtz

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:25 pm

Anthropoid wrote:Thanks Andrew. Might be a good idea to either unsticky this thread and create a sticky thread that would take precedence linking to the 1.06a thread, or just to edit the first post by PhilT with a link to the thread for the 1.06a thread.

Before you and Patrat clued me in with the link to the 1.06a thread, I had already DLed and installed the 1.06 patch + Calvinus' "temp fix for 1.06 slowness."

So now I'm wondering if (i) "1.06patch + temp fix" is equivalent to 1.06a, thus mitigating any need to DL 1.06a; or if (ii) there are addtional things in 1.06a besides the temp fix, which would compel me to go ahead and DL 1.06a and overwrite 1.06+temp?

Everything under Help Improve WW1 is beta testing.

If you install the 1.06a patch from the main site, you do not need anything else at this time.

calvinus

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:27 am

Anthropoid wrote:So now I'm wondering if (i) "1.06patch + temp fix" is equivalent to 1.06a, thus mitigating any need to DL 1.06a; or if (ii) there are addtional things in 1.06a besides the temp fix, which would compel me to go ahead and DL 1.06a and overwrite 1.06+temp?

No, not equivalent, sorry. I fixed the last-minute bug reports in 1.06A.
I'm sorry, I had to be absent for one day... sick! :(

calvinus

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:55 am

Thread unsticked in order to prevent further confusion. ;)

Return to “Help improve WW1!”