Primasprit

Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:09 am

Cetacea wrote:'Klang' means sound. 'Irre' (both as a noun and as an adjective) means 'stupid, mentally retarded, idiot' etc. This is not to be rude - only to state that in terms of marketing strategy - and in the context of the problems you encounter - this may not be the most appealing or appropriate name for a company.

But it's not really meant like this. :)

From the homepage:

What does irrKlang mean?

Nothing special. The name irrKlang was made up from the words 'Irrlicht', the name of the free open source 3d engine which has a similar designed API like irrKlang, and 'klang', which is german for 'sound'.

("Irrlicht" means fen fire btw.)

Cheers
Norbert

Frank

Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:58 am

Calvinus, i notice with the latest patch that the ai don´t produce ammunitions. I think this is the old bug which you have already fixed in earlier patches. ;)

calvinus

Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:31 am

Frank wrote:Calvinus, i notice with the latest patch that the ai don´t produce ammunitions. I think this is the old bug which you have already fixed in earlier patches. ;)

I debugged the MUN stuff right now. No bug, AI schedules normally the munition production. Do you have a particular savegame where this happens regularly? :confused:

Syagrius
Lieutenant

Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:19 pm

Just tried a game with the patch and have at the end of first diplomatic phase a blinking Diplomatic AI is working and now game is freezed. It seems when I go in the options and back it defreeze it... I have no sound also.
Roma Aeterna Est

AndrewKurtz

Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:22 pm

Syagrius wrote:Just tried a game with the patch and have at the end of first diplomatic phase a blinking Diplomatic AI is working and now game is freezed.

Is sound/music on or off? If either is on, try with them off.

patrat
Captain

Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:32 pm

Syagrius wrote:Just tried a game with the patch and have at the end of first diplomatic phase a blinking Diplomatic AI is working and now game is freezed.

i get that occaisionally. a work around that works for me is to bring up the options screen, then close it.

for some reason this clears the blinking AI and the game then runs normally.

Syagrius
Lieutenant

Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:55 pm

I got used to play without music, but with no sound, that's not good at all. I tried with "load sounds at start" also and its not doing anything. Lets say that with this patch I have no sound at all.
Roma Aeterna Est

db99
Corporal

Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:08 am

Syagrius wrote:I got used to play without music, but with no sound, that's not good at all. I tried with "load sounds at start" also and its not doing anything. Lets say that with this patch I have no sound at all.

Calvinus fixed this for the official patch but for now you have to have music enabled in the configure game tool to get any sound. You can then disable the music in the game options and have just the sound effects.

calvinus

Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:38 am

db99 wrote:Calvinus fixed this for the official patch but for now you have to have music enabled in the configure game tool to get any sound. You can then disable the music in the game options and have just the sound effects.

Yes, it was a stupid regression bug I introduced with the latest beta-patch, me stupid! :bonk:
Fixed in a few seconds... :)

For the blinking AI when exiting the Options window, I will have a look today. ;)

calvinus

Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:42 am

Syagrius wrote:Just tried a game with the patch and have at the end of first diplomatic phase a blinking Diplomatic AI is working and now game is freezed. It seems when I go in the options and back it defreeze it... I have no sound also.

This bug should be currently fixed on my working version: this AI blinking effect was related to the Statistics page.

Syagrius
Lieutenant

Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:45 am

Just had a siege resolution between AH and the Russians freezing in august 1914. Cursor still moving and details showing, its just the game dont want to go further. Sigh,that kind of stuff was ok since the last few patches but it seems its back now. Tried the game a second time, this time at the conclusion of the siege, windows error.
Roma Aeterna Est

patrat
Captain

Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:42 am

calvinus wrote:Yes, it was a stupid regression bug I introduced with the latest beta-patch, me stupid! :bonk:
Fixed in a few seconds... :)

For the blinking AI when exiting the Options window, I will have a look today. ;)

if your basing this on my post, opening and closing the option window doesnt cause the problem, its just a tempory fix to stop the blinking AI.

calvinus

Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:11 am

Syagrius wrote:Just had a siege resolution between AH and the Russians freezing in august 1914. Cursor still moving and details showing, its just the game dont want to go further. Sigh,that kind of stuff was ok since the last few patches but it seems its back now. Tried the game a second time, this time at the conclusion of the siege, windows error.

Same kind of error reported by Strat_84. It's happening (on his PC, never on mine ones :blink :) only when the sounds & musics are on (I supposed the audio thread hangs the game that are so unable to proceed to the next turn). I forwarded the savegame of Strat_84 to the developer of irrKlang, and I'm waiting for his response. :wacko:

Hanno
Private

Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:13 am

With all your new fixes, is a new beta patch possible? We are looking forward to continue our Multiplayer match ;-)

Regards, Hanno

calvinus

Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:31 am

Hanno wrote:With all your new fixes, is a new beta patch possible? We are looking forward to continue our Multiplayer match ;-)

Regards, Hanno

Yesterday Philippe sent an ultimatum to Spain (shouldn't it be to Serbia?! :D ). No answer yet. So I decided to do the shortening of Spanish game texts by myself! :king:
That means I need now a couple of days to finish the big manual (events section + various corrections) and the latest fixes. Then the Official Patch will be ready! :cool:

TheDeadeye
Colonel

Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:06 am

calvinus wrote:Yesterday Philippe sent an ultimatum to Spain (shouldn't it be to Serbia?! :D ). No answer yet. So I decided to do the shortening of Spanish game texts by myself! :king:
That means I need now a couple of days to finish the big manual (events section + various corrections) and the latest fixes. Then the Official Patch will be ready! :cool:

So in other words we are going to be smiling big this week? yes Calvinus? You know you want to say so... :love:

Syagrius
Lieutenant

Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:54 pm

calvinus wrote:Same kind of error reported by Strat_84. It's happening (on his PC, never on mine ones :blink :) only when the sounds & musics are on (I supposed the audio thread hangs the game that are so unable to proceed to the next turn). I forwarded the savegame of Strat_84 to the developer of irrKlang, and I'm waiting for his response. :wacko:

Sound was on and music off, but music was checked in the configurator as it was necessary to have sound, I turned off music in the game.
Roma Aeterna Est

Syagrius
Lieutenant

Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:57 pm

I updated my sound card drivers as much as I can (its a relatively old SB Live), desinstalled completely my antivirus (I tried another one having problems with bitdefender) and still, the same siege hanging problem with AH and Russia in Rostow in August 14. Man! I never had so much trouble with a game! Which is sad because its a very fun game, it just doesnt want to work on my rig, which is the first time it happens to me :(
Roma Aeterna Est

calvinus

Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:00 pm

The siege hang happens only in 4-players mode, for the last siege before the end-turn operation. I successfully reproduced it and added a fix.

calvinus

Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:04 pm

I also refactored the map tooltip engine, that was causing random crashes on some PC configs. Now no more access to RAM is performed for the determination of the map area currently over the mouse cursor, only geometric calculations are performed, so avoiding the memory access errors caused by the music thread on some PCs.

Syagrius
Lieutenant

Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:05 pm

Good news, thanks calvinus! I will keep my finger crossed! ;)
Roma Aeterna Est

calvinus

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:02 am

Other news:
- Ambassadors can be now merged even if located in different countries, provided they belong to the same nation and the sum of their diplomatic abilities is <= 3
- The max number of activations is now checked for Political Actions also in Politics window (so if the max number is met, the action cannot be anymore clicked, i.e.: reported by some of you "Military Coup in Greece" or "Blockade" or "Submarine Warfare")

As written before, I also refactored the map tooltip engine. This should increase the stability on the most unlucky PC configs (for those who reported crashes in the Grand Offensive window, for example).

And finally I spotted a cause of the crashes caused by antivirus programs!
The generation of AI .SEQ files (Data/AI/Behaviours) was sometimes halted by the antivirus (even if not a HTML file, grrr! :grr :) , so making the game crash!
These .SEQ files mostly contain the "evaluations" done by AI about her performances (something to let her grow from her errors!). Well, such frequent I/O operations are considered as a threat! So... crash.
Now, no more .SEQ files are generated! :gardavou:

Thanks for your patience,
Calvinus.

Kaiser1918
Corporal

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:41 am

So, next patch when? :-)

This game is so complex with so many possible permutations. I feared that to be the case as I consider La Grande Guerre the most complex wargame in my collection...after that, you are ready for any boardgame translation!

Let's see how it works when the first multiplayer games take off.

calvinus

Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:53 am

Philippe is away till tomorrow afternoon.

Tonight I will finish the last fixes and operations to work out the patch.

I have yet no news from the Spaniards, so I will to the shortening of texts by myself, because it's unbelievable and unacceptable we waited for three weeks for a few texts to be corrected... :(

So the new patch could be ready for tomorrow evening. :)

PhilThib

Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:02 pm

Thread closed as new Beta 1.06 patch is now available :coeurs:

Here: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?p=130952#post130952

Return to “Help improve WW1!”