Caddaric
Conscript

Game seems to be blocked

Wed May 27, 2009 12:05 pm

I've continued the game and I'm now on mai 1917. Austro-hungarian Empire have signed a reddition, giving an economic support to the entente last turn. But now I'm on military phase and after 15 minutes I still have the message "politic AI operating". I've paused the AI, gived orders and saved, when I quit pause, politic AI operates again.

I join the save to this message (save and map file are in the same zip). I wonder if it's a bug or a very long time AI running due to the Austro-hungarian peace (but how many time?)
Attachments
Mai 1917.rar
(381.6 KiB) Downloaded 819 times

calvinus

Wed May 27, 2009 2:26 pm

I will check your save in debug mode later tonight. In the meanwhile, be sure the "give AI full time" option is not checked.

calvinus

Wed May 27, 2009 6:27 pm

I tried your save. The AI finished working in about 1-2 minutes... :blink:
The "Give AI full time" option was disabled.

Caddaric
Conscript

Wed May 27, 2009 10:01 pm

II've tried with the AI full time disabled option but it was the same.
However, I've choose autosave since the last bug, and so I've continued with it.
Sorry disturbing you while it seems to come from my computer and not from a bug.
Thank you anyway. This game is great and I really enjoy it. :thumbsup:

calvinus

Thu May 28, 2009 6:40 am

So you have a neverending AI again?? :bonk:
An idea: click the trashcan button in the Options window. This will refresh the AI cache. Maybe this will remove the problem.

Caddaric
Conscript

Thu May 28, 2009 9:49 am

With the save I've attached, I've a neverending AI whatever I do. However, with the autosave I've passed the point with approximatively no difference.
Don't know what happens to my computer with this save...

Thanks again :)

count taaffe
Sergeant

Thu May 28, 2009 1:41 pm

Hi Caddaric!

Caddaric wrote:With the save I've attached, I've a neverending AI whatever I do. However, with the autosave I've passed the point with approximatively no difference.
Don't know what happens to my computer with this save...

Thanks again :)

I had the same situation twice. Try to toggle the AI on/off for a couple of times - it would be interesting, if it works then.

The first time I had this one I switched back to the desktop and noticed that there was a warning signal, that my machine is running short on physical memory (I have only 1 GB). Toggling the AI on/off did it for me - maybe it's doing the same for you ;)

calvinus

Thu May 28, 2009 2:11 pm

Yes, low RAM could be the problem indeed. AI uses a lot of RAM during her planning time, so a low RAM stuff requires a massive usage of virtual memory, disk swap, that means a big game slow down.

Caddaric
Conscript

Thu May 28, 2009 6:18 pm

I've found the solution (almost you've found it Calvinus), as the same problem appeared again two turn later.

This was the "Give AI full time" option, but to solve it, I must save the game, disable this option, then quit the game to desktop, and then restart with the save I've made. If I disable the option and then disable the AI pause, there's no change.

No low memory for me.

The game has ended in july 1917, with a strange "world domination" peace, 0 victory points, while I've invaded Germany from Rhine to Kiel and Rostock, saying me the communism spreading all other the world, whereas even Russia is still an autocrate government with VN 38 and a "jusqu'au boutiste" parliament. But I think this is the same bug as the other post I already read, which seems to be fixed in the next patch, doesn't it? :thumbsup:

I try a new game with Austro-hungarian empire :neener:

Return to “WW1 Technical support / Aide technique”