calvinus

Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:20 am

Patch description:

[Version 1.0.4a]
[Version 1.0.4b]
[Version 1.0.4c]
[Version 1.0.4d]

Improvements:
- "Next turn/phase" button is no more hidden when entering the Reinforcements phase
- Persian Gulf is no more marked as a "decorative" area, so fleets can be moved there even if it's still named "Persian Gulf decorative"
- Removed the ping pong nasty behavious of AI vs AI in Naval Battles
- Autosave now makes a backup copy also of the .MAP file
- Redeploying forces now cancel any move order previously scheduled for the concerned stack
- Air squadrons now may be involved in one air duel only
- Recruit Points capacity (max stock) of minor nations have been set to 12 (previously no limitation)
- Messages window are no more displayed when army movements are performed
- Improved the redeployment of leaders by adding the command swap
- The black window informing that "AI is thinking" is now displayed immediately when AI start her job
- Red Sea is no more marked as a "decorative" area, so fleets can be moved there even if it's still named "Red Sea decorative"

Fixed bugs:
- Added a key correction in Land Battles neural networks INI file in order to prevent infinite AI loops in Main Offensive
Major trench battles
- Fixed a rare CTD in Military AI (for savegames only)
- Added the correct NATO symbols for Mountain & Marine units (forgot in the previous patch)
- Corrected a DB mistake in Political Options for Warfare Economy increase
- Fixed the bug in victory determination when playing a second scenario within the same game session
- Fixed the map glitches upon exit from the Breakthrough / Retreat / Counter-Attack planning window during battles
- Fixed the neutrals' diplomatic borders violation bug
- Added the check on max diplomatic missions per player per turn
- Finally fixed the memory leak on AI reset that caused an erratic CTD on game quit
- Finally fixed the CTD on second load of scenario in the same game session
- Corrected text error in message concerning the corps firepower improvement effects on NW
- Fixed bug in rigid ZOC checks that prevented all administrative moves
- Fixed bug in air interceptions checks
- Corrected the display errors in the pro-Side gauge arrow inside the Diplomacy window
- Fixed some bugs in national budget updates
- Fixed bug in redeployment of leaders
- Fixed some design mistakes in Munition Costs DB that prevented some major nations to build munitions when the number of available productions sites is low
- Fixed very rare CTD in sieges conclusion of national resurgence fortresses
- Fixed bug in reinforcements of armies and fleets to be placed
- Fixed bug in reinforcements of Naval Minefields to be placed
- Fixed regression bug generated by 1.0.4c in the display of some budget values inside the National Budget window
- Fixed bugs in automatic deployment of reinforcements (supply check of detachments/HQs, refresh of map)

Remarks:
- The patch has been built with the newest version of Inno Setup Compiler that should be Vista Administrator priviledges compliant
- The Security Level is now fixed to 3 and cannot be changed (WW1 Configurator tool)

Frank

Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:15 am

calvinus wrote:- Persian Gulf is no more marked as a "decorative" area, so fleets can be moved there even if it's still named "Persian Gulf decorative"

- Red Sea is no more marked as a "decorative" area, so fleets can be moved there even if it's still named "Red Sea decorative"

Calvinus, you forget to edit the MapAreas file too. Under Disabled it is still marked as 1 and not 0. This happens when you work the whole night and have no sleep. :D

calvinus

Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:20 am

Frank, you're right! :cuit:

Serpent77
Sergeant

Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:30 pm

Does that mean we shouldn't download it?

calvinus

Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:29 pm

Why? :blink:

Persian Guld & Red Sea stuff is a minor problem... so why not upgrading the game to 1.0.4d? :wacko:

Ian Coote
Major

Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:12 pm

Thanks Calvinus,great job.

PDF

Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:39 pm

I still have a CTD when browsing quickly through the ledger pages (ie clicking fast on the next page arrow) - I have this since 1.03.

And is the bug with the reverse-working War Economy fixed under
"- Fixed some bugs in national budget updates" ? Seems a high priority problem...

calvinus

Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:10 pm

PDF wrote:I still have a CTD when browsing quickly through the ledger pages (ie clicking fast on the next page arrow) - I have this since 1.03.

Which scenario? I received a bug report for this point on Palestine scenario, isn't it?

PDF wrote:And is the bug with the reverse-working War Economy fixed under
"- Fixed some bugs in national budget updates" ? Seems a high priority problem...

Yes, fixed and tested.

Franciscus

Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:52 am

Quick test with serbia scenario, game is much more "smooth" and AI thinking is indeed more obvious and faster ! Looking good :thumbsup:

(Intro video still broken, though...:neener :)

Carnium

Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:40 pm

Franciscus wrote:(Intro video still broken, though...:neener :)

Lets try to fix this .. again ;)

Uninstall all video codecs you might have (codecs packs, DivX, Xvid..)
Uninstall all video players except WMP
Run a registry cleaner like http://www.ccleaner.com/
Restart your computer
Install ffdshow : http://www.free-codecs.com/FFDshow_download.htm
Try the game now
Report your results :bonk:

Franciscus

Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:20 pm

Will try again, although I did everything you suggest, although not exactly in that order (I have also GOM player, and only recently uninstalled and reinstalled it) and also tried already ffdshow after uninstalling DivX, without any success. Not sure about uninstalling all codecs (not sure exactly how to, all, and afraid it will mess with Super(c), that my kid uses extensively.

BUT, this is a problem that dates back from GI and was never adequately solved...
AND in all other other games that I have, I have no problems at all with videos :(

Franciscus

Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:01 am

Carnium wrote:Lets try to fix this .. again ;)

Uninstall all video codecs you might have (codecs packs, DivX, Xvid..)
Uninstall all video players except WMP
Run a registry cleaner like http://www.ccleaner.com/
Restart your computer
Install ffdshow : http://www.free-codecs.com/FFDshow_download.htm
Try the game now
Report your results :bonk:

I did what you suggest, but still no intro video (now I get a total black screen while music plays, before I still got a little 1cm wide video on the top left corner of my screen), and my kid's divx files now play corrupted on WMP (on good old GOM they play well, thank god). Playing directly the intro avi file on WMP or GOM it is ok, though :bonk:
So, no dice. Thank you anyway.
It really should not be necessary such hassle to be able to see something simple as an intro video. And other users on the french forum have exactly the same problem...

Having had, as many others, the same problem in GI, I officially declare that from now on I will quit trying to see the intro video on these and any other Calvinus's games ;)

Nikel

Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:31 am

Maybe this problem is related with overlay?

Have you tried to uncheck advanced hardware overlay in DivX settings?

Franciscus

Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:41 am

Yes Nikel, I have tried it, same result.
FTR, I am using the latest available divx bundle (6.8). The only difference that I have, compared to the codecs that are installed by the game (5.x) is that with the latest if I choose to see the intro video the game window gets minimized to the desktop tray...and still no video :confused:

Really, I quit. To me it is not important. Nevertheless it's bad because it is just another avoidable, unnecessary, "partyspoiler" that can give a bad impression to new gamers (and it did happen in GI :grr: why insist ?? :cursing :)

calvinus

Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:10 am

Dear Franciscus, I will find some time to work on this problem, for sure. Just give me the right time for the more urgent issues. ;)

Offworlder
General

Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:56 am

Sorry can I be a pain? :neener:

One thing that seems to have happened repeatedly with the new patch is that some generals don't appear on screen. This mostly happens when reloading a game. Since I mostly play the CP these are my observations:

a) Generals commanding GHQ's vanish. Ex Falkenhayn, Hindenburg and Conrad don't show up. Apparently in the general list (accessed through the flag tab) they are still listed.

b) despite repeated use of the option of assigning generals to armies without one, this doesn't seem to work. This despite the fact that there are German and Austrian general available in the list (ex Ludendorff and Eugen).

To expand on the last point. Are there other generals which could be somehow assigned? I know that there are others that appear when an army is without a general (ex Joseph for the Austrians). Could these be brought to the fore. I'm asking because as the game stands today, the Germans end up having 2 armies (IV and VIII) and the Austrians (at least those armies which are on the Russian and Italian fronts) which don't have a general for the duration of the war.

PhilThib

Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:32 am

Looks like a bug indeed... thanks for spotting. May be it would help to send a savegame to Calvinus so he can reproduce the problem and fix it... :coeurs:

calvinus

Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:22 pm

Offworlder wrote:a) Generals commanding GHQ's vanish. Ex Falkenhayn, Hindenburg and Conrad don't show up. Apparently in the general list (accessed through the flag tab) they are still listed.

Do you mean that sacked generals remain in office? :confused:

Offworlder wrote:b) despite repeated use of the option of assigning generals to armies without one, this doesn't seem to work. This despite the fact that there are German and Austrian general available in the list (ex Ludendorff and Eugen).

These new (randomly drawn) generals should come as reinforcements, to be placed. I'll test again this stuff asap.

Offworlder
General

Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:43 pm

<Do you mean that sacked generals remain in office?>

No I hadn't sacked them at all. Even the info states that they are still at the head of GHQ. Just their image doesn't appear at all ingame.

<These new (randomly drawn) generals should come as reinforcements, to be placed. I'll test again this stuff asap. >

Never seen a general in reinforcement tab. Is there supposed to be a delay or something?

calvinus

Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:48 pm

So you mean you do not see the picture of the general... :blink: even if the general is there?

Check of leaders reinforcements is my next task. ;)

Offworlder
General

Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:57 pm

Yep Hindenburg et al simply vanished. Also despite repeated use of the assign general button, no one came up :(

BTW I can't help but save and load the game again because the neewly arrived HQ's arrive without supplies and only a reload 'unblocks' them. :blink:

Thanks for the interest Calvinus :coeurs:

PDF

Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:01 pm

I confirm having seen that a lot of times too... not in the last versions iirc.

Before that, I didn't know at that time it was a bug or if there really was no general :neener: ... Yet I was surprised to see one pop up when battle was joined :w00t: !
BTW I don't understand how one changes a general, and above all what guy comes to replace him ? A random general ? There's a pool ? Where ? :confused:

Offworlder
General

Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:25 pm

To remove a general you must hit the cross beneath the picture of the general. To substitute one, I have no idea. In an earlier version (patch) I saw a lot of generals being assigned randomly after using the assign general tab.

Nikel

Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:48 am

Franciscus wrote:Yes Nikel, I have tried it, same result.
FTR, I am using the latest available divx bundle (6.8). The only difference that I have, compared to the codecs that are installed by the game (5.x) is that with the latest if I choose to see the intro video the game window gets minimized to the desktop tray...and still no video :confused:

Really, I quit. To me it is not important. Nevertheless it's bad because it is just another avoidable, unnecessary, "partyspoiler" that can give a bad impression to new gamers (and it did happen in GI :grr: why insist ?? :cursing :)

I still think that this may be related with overlay. Do you use your PC to watch movies on your TV using TV out?

http://sleepytom.co.uk/tvout

Franciscus

Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:53 am

Thanks for your concern. No, I do not use my PC to watch movies on my TV. It is not connected to TV.

Seven
Corporal

Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:50 am

Franciscus wrote:Yes Nikel, I have tried it, same result.

DivX Movies that minimize to systray:

It has nothing to do with this game - it does it on other games.

SOLUTION:
Go to:

Start -> Programs-> DivX-> DivX Codec-> Decoder Configuration Utility

Under the DECODER TAB make sure ALL options are not filled.
Under the TOOLBAR TAB make sure ALL options are not filled.
Under the PLAYBACK TAB make sure ALL options are not filled and PROCESSING LEVEL is set to OFF.

Done.

Restart game = perfect DivX intro videos.

To Summarise:
Remove all filled options and set Post Processing option to off.

If this works, please move this to tech help and sticky it!

calvinus

Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:36 am

Great Seven! :thumbsup:

Franciscus

Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:01 am

Seven wrote:DivX Movies that minimize to systray:

It has nothing to do with this game - it does it on other games.

SOLUTION:
Go to:

Start -> Programs-> DivX-> DivX Codec-> Decoder Configuration Utility

Under the DECODER TAB make sure ALL options are not filled.
Under the TOOLBAR TAB make sure ALL options are not filled.
Under the PLAYBACK TAB make sure ALL options are not filled and PROCESSING LEVEL is set to OFF.

Done.

Restart game = perfect DivX intro videos.

To Summarise:
Remove all filled options and set Post Processing option to off.

If this works, please move this to tech help and sticky it!

Thanks. But it does not work. It still gets minimized and no video. :(

Snouck Hurgronje
Conscript

Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:10 am

Same problem here.

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”