habakuk
Conscript

Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:18 pm

calvinus wrote:Dear Franciscus, I'm not an expert of DivX codec problems... but I will search on the net a cause of the strange behaviour on your PC. Just give me the time for the more urgent bugs.

For the time being, do as follows:

a) run the intro video in stand-alone mode (use the media player). The video is located here: [game dir]\Data\Avi
- If the video runs fine with media player, the problem is in the DirectShow (microsoft!) library. Consider that DirectShow is a sub-library of DirectX. If so, I will investigate.
- If the video does not run, it means you have a codec problem... and I cannot do anything for you! You could try reinstalling the DivX codec, or installing a newer version?...

b) run the game in windowed mode (800x600, or 1024x768 if your monitor is "larger", but never activate the "Lock full-screen" mode) and see if the intro video runs always in the game window. If so, again a DirectShow problem.

Let me know, ok?

Thanks,
Calvinus.

The Video doesn´t show for me also, so I wanted to try running it in "standalone-mode" as you recommended ... doesnt´t work at all. As soon as I open the folder [game dir]\Data\Avi, everything freezes, so i can´t even klick on the avi.-thing to run it!

I´m using winXP, and I tried updating Divx codec - didn`t change anything ...

captainmatt
Sergeant

Ctd

Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:02 am

Crash to Desktop with the attached error after running the May 1915 Interphase. Any ideas???
Attachments
CTD May 1915 Interphase.jpg

Franciscus

Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:47 am

calvinus wrote:Dear Franciscus, I'm not an expert of DivX codec problems... but I will search on the net a cause of the strange behaviour on your PC. Just give me the time for the more urgent bugs.

For the time being, do as follows:

a) run the intro video in stand-alone mode (use the media player). The video is located here: [game dir]\Data\Avi
- If the video runs fine with media player, the problem is in the DirectShow (microsoft!) library. Consider that DirectShow is a sub-library of DirectX. If so, I will investigate.
- If the video does not run, it means you have a codec problem... and I cannot do anything for you! You could try reinstalling the DivX codec, or installing a newer version?...

b) run the game in windowed mode (800x600, or 1024x768 if your monitor is "larger", but never activate the "Lock full-screen" mode) and see if the intro video runs always in the game window. If so, again a DirectShow problem.

Let me know, ok?

Thanks,
Calvinus.

Sorry for a late feedback on this but RL has been tough.. :(

Well, the avi file runs perfectly fine with media player, so I guess that as you say the problem resides in the DirectShow library (using Directx 9.0c, of course). I have not tried yet to run the game in windowed mode. will try and report later.

Franciscus

Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:51 pm

It is getting weirder... :wacko: :mdr:
After 1.04b I notice that if I enable the video, the game starts minimized on my tray, and a small icon of DivX appears also on my task bar.
I tried running in 1024x768, and got a correspondingly sized black screen and a very small (less than 1cm) window on the left upper corner on that screen where the intro video was playing, although barely discernible. After that, even in native resolution this also happens...

gremlins ?? :bonk:

Carnium

Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:07 am

Franciscus wrote:It is getting weirder... :wacko: :mdr:
After 1.04b I notice that if I enable the video, the game starts minimized on my tray, and a small icon of DivX appears also on my task bar.

Did you try to uninstall all divx codecs, codecs packs etc that you might have ?

Nikel

Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:24 am

Franciscus, are your DivX codecs updated? Last version is 6.8

http://www.divx.com/

PDF

Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:29 pm

Calvinus,
For me, the intro never played ingame, but I can watch it "standalone" with Media Player.
So it should be a DirectShow issue.

captainmatt
Sergeant

Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:08 am

captainmatt wrote:Crash to Desktop with the attached error after running the May 1915 Interphase. Any ideas???

Just wondering if anyone had a chance to comment on this issue?

calvinus

Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:15 am

Interphase in June 1915: savegame is welcome, of course. ;)

Alzate
Private

Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:24 pm

calvinus wrote:Well, it's finally time for you to download the patch! :thumbsup: Herewith you can find the link:

[
Best regards,
Calvinus.

sorry to pester but so far, the patches have been released under a .zip format. would it be possible to have access to a zipped 1.04 patch? (i am not able to download .exe files)
thanks in advance
as soon as i master NCP, i will focus on this game :)

calvinus

Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:32 pm

Alzate wrote:sorry to pester but so far, the patches have been released under a .zip format. would it be possible to have access to a zipped 1.04 patch? (i am not able to download .exe files)
thanks in advance
as soon as i master NCP, i will focus on this game :)

This is a task scheduled for the Patch 1.0.5, in December.

Offworlder
General

Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:31 pm

BTW in the latest patch, have the finances been tweaked in some way? They don't seem to show the anticipated yield of loans, changes in the economy and basically one has to run a deficit budget.

Or am I missing something? :bonk: This mostly concerns the initial turns, prior to the first interphase.

Alzate
Private

Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:47 pm

calvinus wrote:This is a task scheduled for the Patch 1.0.5, in December.

ok, a nice Xmas present then :D

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”