Chief Rudiger
Sergeant

Original BOA feature gone?

Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:48 pm

In BOA1 there was there not an option to press Ctrl or Shift or something to get an overlay showing the terrain types as dark/light browns and greens, much like the other overlays you could access through the buttons in the bottom left?

I found this overlay invaulable for getting a quick sense of the terrain i'd have to cross on a long march, particularly where the passes were located through mountain ranges and what bits of the wilderness were less wildernessy than others.

If this option can't be brought back is it possible to access the map file (showing the borders only) in an image editing program so that i can fill in the regions by hand?

I remember doing something similar for the Total War series so that I could print out a simple map to doodle campaign plans over at work.

Pocus

Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:10 pm

Are you sure? I don't recall this overlay at all, perhaps in another game?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

arsan

Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:43 pm

Me neither :bonk:
I think you are mixing different games features :siffle:

Chief Rudiger
Sergeant

Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:40 pm

Hmmm. :8o:

What game AM i thinking of then?

Still, is it possible to easily access a skeletal map of province outlines only? No offense to Sandra's original artwork but printer ink is expensive.

Lafrite

Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:51 pm

Heuu, talking original feature, i make move with shift (for patrol around my town) but i just notice that the order has not been taken into account.

Bug or feature :nuts:

Return to “Help to improve WIA”