lodilefty

AI Affinity changes

Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:58 pm

lodilefty wrote:I think if we add $famRaider|0 in the AI.opt to all except Raider and Cavalry, then be sure all 3* models have one of the "no raider" types, we should (if all is WAD) see an improvement.....

I'll tinker tomorrow and upload something for trials... :D

Extract into your \WIA directory:

1. All new models ([color="Red"]be sure to delete your Models.cached[/color]): (only many leaders changed to have AIAffinity set)
2. Models Alias file (no change, but I do this to be safe ;) )
3. AI.opt (with $famRaider|0 added to all except Raider and Cavalry)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Hobbes

Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi Lodi, testing this now. One observation I should post before I forget is that colonists put up more of a fight now.
Not so much more that it unbalances scenarios - and not necessarily a bad thing - just thought I should post this for the record.

Cheers, Chris

KG Erwin
Lieutenant

Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:04 pm

OK, I just had a critical error and CTD using the new AI affinity files. Happened during the July 1756 turn of the FIW Colonial Campaign.
Attachments
Crucible of War.zip
(2.16 MiB) Downloaded 216 times

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Spada
Private

Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:48 pm

I get a similar error in the !Main log.txt file in ROP each time I click the Distant Unload button. It probably is the same case in WIA.

Durk

Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:11 am

Playing a bit of tag team. Distant Unload is fixed in WiA with latest update.
Prior to latest fix, this was the same issue as in ROP.

lodilefty

Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:03 pm

KG Erwin wrote:OK, I just had a critical error and CTD using the new AI affinity files. Happened during the July 1756 turn of the FIW Colonial Campaign.

I am not able to replicate any error... :(

What OS? How much Ram?

Even if you are running XP, I do suggest that you uninstall completely, and reinstall. If you are running Vista or Win 7, I strongly suggest you reinstall:

http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Vista_Saved_Games
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Hobbes

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:30 pm

Hi Lodi, I notice a missing string from KWW/Pontiac StrLoseVPPW
There are probably a few missing in this case.

Not much time tonight but I will investigate tomorrow.

Cheers, Chris

KG Erwin
Lieutenant

Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:52 pm

Ok, I'll uninstall/reinstall. I'd previously run game patches by simply installing over the previous versions. Perhaps some "left over" stuff from an older version caused this? I run XP on a 2003 Dell Dimension 2400, with a GIG of RAM (the maximum allowable on this model). I usually save after each year of play, and then delete the backups (except for Backup 1).

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:04 am

At the risk of seeming unusually dense, does this mean, in general, that the next official patch should be added to a clean install? The only alterations that I've made to the program apart from this (and possibly another?) beta patch are official patches (i.e. no editing or coding mods). Can't say that I've played it enough to have any problems, but that will change after the next patch comes out.

[When I first started to write this I was in a panic that I wouldn't be able to find my copy of WIA, but then realized that the reason I didn't know where to find it was because it was practically in front of my face, sitting three inches from my left hand. I'd forgotten what it looked like, and am impressed with how attractive the actual cd is -- mine has a picture of the Everglades portion of Florida from the game map. And having just wasted six hours installing, uninstalling, and reinstalling Silent Hunter III half a dozen times because it was unclear what belonged to the installation code and what didn't, I'm very pleased to note that at least my version of the security code for WIA doesn't look like it will give rise to any weird confusions (no O's and 0's that look alike).]

KG Erwin
Lieutenant

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:15 am

OK, I'm gonna re-download the game and start over.

lodilefty

Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:05 pm

Official patch released!

Thank you for supporting WIA improvements! :thumbsup:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve WIA”