lodilefty

WIA Beta patch 1.08a Release Candidate 2 = October 21, 2011

Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:37 pm

For your enjoyment:

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/patch_WIA_v1.08a_rc2.zip

[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]This patch is cumulative since version 1.00b[/size][/color]

==================================================================================
BOA2 : Wars in America patch 1.08a Public Beta Release Candidate 2
October 21, 2011
==================================================================================
= Introduced “Turn 0” options to 1775 and 1776 Campaign.
= Added Models and Units and Graphics for new King Phillip's War Scenario
= All Dragoons, Rangers, Partisans, Mountaineers, Backwoods Riflemen, Couriers and Indians now have the *NoCapture* Attribute, and thus can only capture Ports, Depots and Native Villages by themselves.
= Depot build bug fixed. Depots can be “built up” with Supply or Transport Ships/Bateaux to the level defined in 2Depot.str (where MaxLevel = 3)
= Pillagers (Model Attribute = *Pillage*) now properly raze Settlements and Stockades. These units will now display the Pillager Ability icon.
= Ships not getting replacements: bug fixed.
= “Tidied up” the Element Detail window
= Weather "Coastal" bug fixed {Thank you, berto}
= Weather adjustments made in some areas. Generally reduced severe weather in Southern Areas.
= Weather in Regions now described as either Clear, Rain, Cold, Frozen or Very Cold (old descriptions carried connotations that it was a 30 day Blizzard!)
= Game Engine updated to latest AGE
= New AI parameter: aiCTM_ThreatValInFow in AI.opt to help regulate AI agressivness

[RC1]
= New parameters in settings to regulate Automatic Experience gain: “Excessive Experience Bug” fixed.
= Ammo non-consumption bug fixed.
= "Scrambled" Battle Reports bug fixed.
= There is now a stack (group) name memory. Basically when the scenario setup is created the current name is also stored. This has been done (and is very often useful) so that the name of a stack doesn't change as soon as you move a unit out of it, or the reverse. A stack will assume a new name by merging the stack into another unit or stack.
= An insidious bug with the "NotEnemy" script parameter is fixed. (This was part of the issue with the "Hortelez Supply" arriving in Enemy Ports.)
= Cavalry won't switch posture when crossing a river, even if 100% hostile MC on other side
= Bug Fixed where sometimes a replacement was used from a wrong faction tag to replace an element in an unit
Script (event, scenario start) changes
= 75/76 Campaigns: Revised logic for various unit and group arrivals to prevent arrival in an enemy-occupied region (Continental Marines, Hortelez, etc etc)
= 75 Campaign: Continental Marines arrive unfixed now
= 59 Annus Mirablis COL variant: minor adjustment to event dates for Canada Reinforcements so they appear in the short scenario as they do in Campaign.
= Added 1689 King William's War Scenario (Thank you Hobbes) {Text is in English only - translations needed}
= Added 1763 Pontiac's War Scenario (Thank you Hobbes) {Text is in English only - translations needed}
= Added more Leader Biographies, which can be viewed by hovering the mouse pointer over the large portait in the Element popup display window (thank you Stephane Parrin, Stewart King, Paul Roberts) {More translations needed}
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:19 pm

Superb timing. You've just saved me from spending a week modding a John Tiller game I don't even own. What a relief -- without the game environment to test the mods in it would have been a real crapshoot.

Given the number of people on the Ageod team named Philippe, I'm surprised that King Phillip's war hasn't shown up before this. I'm really looking forward to playing it, and hope to encounter lots of images of stove-pipe hats!

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:51 pm

In my excitement I didn't notice this was a beta patch. Oh well.

I'm sure you're aware of this, but the King Phillip's War scenario isn't actually included in the release.

It would also be nice if the new images for King Phillip's War appeared in the Pequot War scenario.

Keep up the good work!

lodilefty

Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:02 pm

Philippe wrote:In my excitement I didn't notice this was a beta patch. Oh well.

I'm sure you're aware of this, but the King Phillip's War scenario isn't actually included in the release.

It would also be nice if the new images for King Phillip's War appeared in the Pequot War scenario.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks! :w00t:

yes, the KPW is still in development (Hobbes). We included the models, units and graphics to make life easier when Scenario is ready......
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

michaelincol
Corporal

Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:04 pm

Thank you Lodilefty, Pocus, Philippe for continued selfless support of this and all the fine AGEOD games.

michael

Bernadotte
Lieutenant

Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:39 pm

michaelincol wrote:Thank you Lodilefty, Pocus, Philippe for continued selfless support of this and all the fine AGEOD games.
+1 :thumbsup:

KG Erwin
Lieutenant

Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:34 pm

Had a critical error which resulted in a CTD.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Crucible of War.zip
(2.24 MiB) Downloaded 246 times

squarian
Brigadier General

Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:44 pm

Great to see this, and my thanks to everyone who brought it about.

= New AI parameter: aiCTM_ThreatValInFow in AI.opt to help regulate AI agressivness

What exactly does this do?

lodilefty

Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:08 pm

KG Erwin wrote:Had a critical error which resulted in a CTD.

Ugly, and repeatable..... :(

Something nasty when the Penobscots Village is captured by FRA....

...off to chat at the Master :blink:

Thank you!

(I also tried deleting the French ord file: it recalculated and no CTD, but I noticed that the assault at Penobscotts Cillage was canceled by the AI this time.... so you could try that, and see if you can continue the game.)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

KG Erwin
Lieutenant

Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:50 am

No, I decided to delete the campaign and wait for the next update. Hopefully, soon I'll be actually able to complete a game, knock on wood. I've had the game for three years and have not been able to complete a single campaign without some sort of glitch.

Hobbes

Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:15 pm

I've been testing King William's War for months now and haven't seen any problems until the new beta patch - but now these problems seem to have been resolved - so fingers crossed WiA is looking good now (apart from this CTD). I have high hopes for this new patch once it becomes official.

Cheers, Chris

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:25 pm

squarian wrote:Great to see this, and my thanks to everyone who brought it about.

"= New AI parameter: aiCTM_ThreatValInFow in AI.opt to help regulate AI agressivness "

What exactly does this do?

Thanks indeed Lodilefty .

But I also wonder new parameter. is it about an AI agenda when lost in the fog? :mdr: To engage or not to engage an enemy aggressively elsewhere when their objective city is in threatened? Or I read more lines in the sentence than intended :D

lodilefty

Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:34 pm

Baris wrote:Thanks indeed Lodilefty .

But I also wonder new parameter. is it about an AI agenda when lost in the fog? :mdr: To engage or not to engage an enemy aggressively elsewhere when their objective city is in threatened? Or I read more lines in the sentence than intended :D

It's a new parameter that essentially allows us to regulate threats against raiding. Big part of fixing the "passive" AI seen in the QF's

It will be added to other "Elder Games", with higher values (hi value reduces raiding)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:13 pm

lodilefty wrote:It's a new parameter that essentially allows us to regulate threats against raiding. Big part of fixing the "passive" AI seen in the QF's

It will be added to other "Elder Games", with higher values (hi value reduces raiding)

Excellent :thumbsup:

In this patch I have noticed distant unloading does not automatically change posture to assault for attacker. When unloaded troops lay a siege that give advantage to attacker maybe. is it wad? or was it like that before when defending force in a structure?

Hobbes

Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:39 pm

A force unloading in this way should at least be able to choose between assault or attack. After a long sea voyage you may not be in a state to immediately assault. Landing and besiging a structure rather than making an immediate assault (unless you want to) seems fine to me - I think WAD.

Cheers, Chris

Pocus

Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:46 am

lodilefty wrote:It's a new parameter that essentially allows us to regulate threats against raiding. Big part of fixing the "passive" AI seen in the QF's

it is used also to try asserting what can be (in FOW so) the force defending a given region of medium interest, if the ratio of power in the theater is 1 (if not 1, things are scaled/tweaked). Basically, you should give this value something close to the strength of what you consider to be your vanilla unit, 30 for WIA seems good for me. In PON I would give it a 120, in AACW perhaps a 60...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:48 am

lodilefty wrote:Ugly, and repeatable..... :(

Something nasty when the Penobscots Village is captured by FRA....

...off to chat at the Master :blink:

Thank you!

(I also tried deleting the French ord file: it recalculated and no CTD, but I noticed that the assault at Penobscotts Cillage was canceled by the AI this time.... so you could try that, and see if you can continue the game.)

2 bugs in one... a data bug that made a special piece of code triggering when a structure is exchanged at St Jean, code that also had a bug... Good in fact because this code very rarely trigger and proved to be faulty...

As for the data bug, the stockade at St Jean is of kind city, as there is also a city there (St Jean itself!). 2 cities is not good, although the new code can now cope with that, deleting the stockade.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

lodilefty

Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:03 pm

RC3 is uploading = should be ready at 14:20 UTC October 25, 2011

Thread closed.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve WIA”