bardosy
Conscript

More option for the British

Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:59 am

When I played the big IW campaign as american, I had shortage of EP in the whole playtime, because of lot of possibilities of Military/Diplomatic Options...
But now when I play as british, I heve more then 200EP and I have no any option to spend it...

I guess, it could be great to more option to the british player...

PhilThib

Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:17 am

Any suggestions ?

bardosy
Conscript

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:04 am

Errrr.... I don't know... :) I'm just a player... :) Maybe it's just a better gameplay, but worst realism. Well, I don't know.
I don1t know the european political situation in the era, but maybe more option to prevent the international intervention?

lodilefty

Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:30 pm

Perhaps it's just too easy for the British to earn EP? :blink:

Maybe less merchants? Less EP per merchant?

New options are good too, but we need to add to bot sides to avoid game imbalance... ;)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

bardosy
Conscript

Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:51 pm

In the early game period - as British - I had problems (shortage) with EP, so I decided to spent EP for more merchants (I reported in the bug section - I got no merchants). But later - in the mid or late game - I got a lot of EP, and I cannot spend it...

Well, if merchants earn less EP, the british player's early game will be a nightmare...

But, if the british can buy more diplomatic option - as you mentioned - the balance will be damaged.

What if, the british player cannot buy more merchants...?
If the american player destroy his/her merchants, (s)he will have shortage in late period too. But (s)he cannot collect 200+ EP...

Hohenlohe

Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:50 pm

Dear PhilThib, in an earlier thread I have made some suggestions for new military options for the British and Americans like the possibility to buy Artillery and Dragoons and Supply Wagons for the British sending them to Halifax and some French Volunteers aka regular infantry for the Americans.You can add some European Volunteers for the Americans like Polish Dragoons or Hussars aka European Volunteer Cavalry,eventually sending them to a friendly port.Kosziusko(I forgot his name sorry)was a polish cavalry officer volunteering to the Americans can eventually come with them and Lafayette with the first French volunteers infantry.
If possible I would like the implementation of some militia to the British in Ft Detroit,Ft.Niagara,Montreal and Pensacola;either as two element provincials or as two element Rangers as early as June/July 1775 so that we could move the regular units to other areas.
Even some earlier militia and/or regular free replacements to fill up the gaps in some units for the British,because the Americans get some free militia replacements very soon.
And I have still some suggestion:there should be some portage connection between Lake Erie and Lake Ontario via Niagara Falls to send the Boats from Lake Erie north.
I have some suggestion more for the British side.Could it made possible that the Brits can buy via military option from October/November 1775 on some mercenaries like German,Highlanders and some regulars.
I thought it was still implemented like in the vanilla version,but in version 1.01f
i missed that in 1775 or will that come later.So far for my suggestions,I would be happy if you can make that possible in the following patches.
The game is still very good,but I think that some improvements are possible like my suggestions.Sorry I won't bother you.

thank you and heartly greetings :thumbsup:

Hohenlohe :coeurs:
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

PhilThib

Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:47 pm

Please handle this with Lodilefty, he is the good guy in charge of WIA now :thumbsup: :coeurs:

lodilefty

Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:38 pm

The upcoming patch has some of these ideas :coeurs:

We always will look at new thoughts, and ideas that help 'balance' and gameplay. :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Ebbingford

Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:28 pm

What about replacements for the Royal Navy to take some of the units up to full 4 element size?

lodilefty

Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:37 pm

Probably not this update :(

Hesitate to make too many changes like this that affect strength.
We juggle Play balance vs. historical OOB, and AFAIK, the OOB are accurate....

..but keep ideas coming :)

if nothing else, ideas are fertile ground for modding :D
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Hohenlohe

Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:18 am

lodilefty wrote:The upcoming patch has some of these ideas :coeurs:

Wonderful! I will be happy then... :thumbsup:

heartful greetings

Hohenlohe :coeurs:
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Return to “Help to improve WIA”