vergaul
Civilian

Colonial AI in "On to Quebec"?

Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:54 am

Is it just me, or is the Colonial AI in the 1775 On to Quebec scenario broken? I just hit end turn over and over again as the British and win on points because no colonial forces ever show up to attack me. I am running the game with the consolidated patch and the accompanying quick fixes.

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:20 am

Hello and welcome to the forums.

I can't recall the scenario off hand. Sorry if this is a dumb question: Do you have the AI turned on in the options?

lodilefty

Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:57 pm

IIRC, this scenario is extremely difficult for a human playing US side. Give the AI as many advantages as you can [harder, more bonuses, etc.]

AFAIK, the AI in WIA is not as sophisticated as in the newer games.....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:33 am

The AI is functioning as it always does [see the AI logs]

However, the AI prioritizes Garrisoning what it holds vs long marches to a dubious outcome with Winter approaching!

In short, the AI is smarter than Montgomery or Arnold, and won't advance even in it's most aggressive settings!

Some of the small scenarios in WIA are simply not suitable for AI play on both sides. They are history lessons!!!
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”