Friedrich II
Conscript

Translation into German and the manual...

Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:35 am

I'd like to say a warm thank you for the outstanding translation of the game and the manual into german language! It seems to be a community work and it was really done in a superb way. Thanks for all your work, guys! :thumbsup:

The manual got a first class printing in a copyshop (not coffee-shop...) Unfortunately this was more expensive than the software... :)

But the result speaks for itself:

Now it's much easier to learn playing the game...

Thanks again! :coeurs:

Jayavarman
Lieutenant

Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:50 am

It looks beautiful. Congratulations. :thumbsup:
"Sad fragility of human things! What riches and treasures of art will remain forever buried beneath these ruins; how many distinguished men - artists, sovereigns, and warriors - are now forgotten!"

"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

Hohenlohe

Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:29 am

Dear Friedrich II., have you give them the pdf-file for printing or a printout of it? Because I would try such else with my manuals of WIA and AACW for a better reading so I need no dictionary for some words I do not know.
Your manual looks very great indeed, my gratulations... :thumbsup:

greetings

Hohenlohe :coeurs:
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Friedrich II
Conscript

Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:33 pm

Sei gegrüßt, Hohenlohe!

I gave them the pdf on a usb-stick. Please notice: Everything was laserprinted b/w, except the frontpage, which is a color laserprint. Nevertheless I paid 26 € for the printing (strong paper 120 g/qm), including binding and the plastic front and back cover. :(

But for me it's worth the money... ;)

TiFlo
Captain

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:19 pm

It reminds me of the printing of my thesis works :D
For what I remember, it is indeed that expensive, especially since you went for laser and high quality paper. At least you'll have something worth standing on a bookshelf!
[CENTER]« Quel pays ! Quels hommes ! Quelle guerre ! Non, ma chère maman, votre enfant n'est pas fait pour habiter cette contrée barbare. »
[/CENTER]
[CENTER] Louis-Antoine de Bougainville, 1758
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[CENTER][color=DarkGreen]WIA 1.05 Patch[/color]
[/CENTER]

Friedrich II
Conscript

Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:07 pm

TiFlo wrote:At least you'll have something worth standing on a bookshelf!

That's true, sir! :)

Fortunately WIA is pretty complex for a newbie on ageod-games like me. So there's no need to print another game-manual within the next year or so... :)

Uh-oh, I forgot "Rise of Prussia"... ;)

Rafiki

Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:23 pm

Friedrich II wrote:Uh-oh, I forgot "Rise of Prussia"... ;)

Hehe, judging by your choice of forum nick, I imagine you might be waiting for that one :D
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”