lodilefty

Sat May 09, 2009 11:57 am

Hobbes wrote:Lodi, just to be clear - I should eliminate Ranger_Pathfinding but keep Pontooner and Ranger_Survival in my model?

Thanks, Chris

Yes, that's what we did with Battoemen. It's simply a choice of which ability we want to emphasize
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

ham
Private

Sat May 09, 2009 12:27 pm

Where is the patch ?

arsan

Sat May 09, 2009 1:21 pm

In the oven ;)
It had some problems and was removed. The problems are being fixed and the new beta patch is being tested so hopefully it will be posted soon :coeurs:

ham
Private

Sat May 09, 2009 2:46 pm

arsan wrote:In the oven ;)
It had some problems and was removed. The problems are being fixed and the new beta patch is being tested so hopefully it will be posted soon :coeurs:

Oh,thank you for your reply :)

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Wed May 20, 2009 1:42 pm

Any news on the patch? I'm desperately waiting for the improved attrition.

arsan

Wed May 20, 2009 1:54 pm

Hi!
Unfortunately, the patch is delayed as the game coordinator, Lodilefty, has some temporal real life difficulties :( that don't let him time to "coordinate" the beta patch.
Hopefully he will be back around here in a couple of weeks or so and things will get moving again :)

Regards

AndrewKurtz

Wed May 20, 2009 9:45 pm

arsan wrote:Hi!
Unfortunately, the patch is delayed as the game coordinator, Lodilefty, has some temporal real life difficulties :( that don't let him time to "coordinate" the beta patch.
Hopefully he will be back around here in a couple of weeks or so and things will get moving again :)

Regards

I hate real life sometimes!

TiFlo
Captain

Thu May 21, 2009 1:09 am

I hope everything is all right. Nothing bad?
[CENTER]« Quel pays ! Quels hommes ! Quelle guerre ! Non, ma chère maman, votre enfant n'est pas fait pour habiter cette contrée barbare. »
[/CENTER]
[CENTER] Louis-Antoine de Bougainville, 1758
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[CENTER][color=DarkGreen]WIA 1.05 Patch[/color]
[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Thu May 21, 2009 11:49 am

TiFlo wrote:I hope everything is all right. Nothing bad?

My wife broke her ankle, and some complications set in, requiring hospitlization. Keeps me busy visiting and managing the household [or at least my version of caring for the household :blink: ]

As Arnold would say "I'll be back" :D
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

TiFlo
Captain

Thu May 21, 2009 3:23 pm

Oh, ok. Let's wish her a quick recovery then :)
[CENTER]« Quel pays ! Quels hommes ! Quelle guerre ! Non, ma chère maman, votre enfant n'est pas fait pour habiter cette contrée barbare. »
[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu May 21, 2009 6:32 pm

Where does one locate this wonderful patch so as to be able to use it? t

arsan

Thu May 21, 2009 6:36 pm

Well, reading the thread should give you a good answer Tag :)

Nerumir
Private

Sun May 31, 2009 11:29 am

Hi all

Just a quick question

I installed patch 1.05 with CTD bug , will I need to completely install game again once definitive 1.05 will be posted or new patch will fix everything ?

Thanks

arsan

Sun May 31, 2009 12:01 pm

Most probably the next patch will solve the issue without the need of a reinstall. :thumbsup:
But i'm not so sure if you can go back to 1.04c by installing this older patch over a 1.05 installation if you are having CTD :confused:

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:54 pm

Anything new? It seems it's not patching season at Ageod ... :confused:

Rafiki

Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:18 pm

There are still some issues that need to be addressed, but the work is progressing :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:15 pm

Thanks, I was beginning to think you'd completely forgotten.

TiFlo
Captain

Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:30 pm

Do you guys need additional beta testers to speed up the process?
[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:37 pm

TiFlo wrote:Do you guys need additional beta testers to speed up the process?

Right now it's me slowing the process :o

Just got a pre-beta executable and some bug fixes. I have to recompile all scenarios to accomodate the fixes, then submit data package to Hok to prep the patch. Not much anyone can do to help, as extra hands just cause confusion during this part of the process. :blink: Thanks for the offer!

[SIZE="1"]I'm squeezing this in while caring for my wife [broken ankle], so please be patient. :) [/size]
[CENTER][/CENTER]

TiFlo
Captain

Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:40 pm

No problem, there's no hurry.

Speedy recovery to your wife first, the lack of a patch is not life threatening anyway :D
[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

RangerBooBoo
Private

Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:01 pm

lodilefty wrote:Right now it's me slowing the process :o

Just got a pre-beta executable and some bug fixes. I have to recompile all scenarios to accomodate the fixes, then submit data package to Hok to prep the patch. Not much anyone can do to help, as extra hands just cause confusion during this part of the process. :blink: Thanks for the offer!

[SIZE="1"]I'm squeezing this in while caring for my wife [broken ankle], so please be patient. :) [/size]

Broken ankle? She's got two of them doesn't she and we've only got one BoA2 that needs patching! Okay, kidding aside, take care of the family first!

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:01 pm

dum-di-dum :innocent:

:p arty:

:hat:

:rolleyes:

Rafiki

Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:10 pm

I know that it can be frustrating to wait for a patch that never seems to arrive, but it is my honest opinion that it would be fair to cut Lodilefty and Hok some slack on this :)
GlobalExplorer wrote:Anything new? It seems it's not patching season at Ageod ... :confused:

Well, perhaps it's "make new, shiny games with features that perhaps may be backported to existings games"-season? :thumbsup: ;)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

joe
Lieutenant

Spanish replacements 1775 scenario

Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:46 pm

I just finished playing the 1775 scenario to its conclusion and noticed the Spanish player receives a huge number of line and militia replacements. Also they receive a large number of "goods" replacements. I am wondering if those should have been supply units instead.

Anyway, just an observation.

Looking forward to 1.05

Thanks

Joe

lodilefty

Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:01 pm

joe wrote:I just finished playing the 1775 scenario to its conclusion and noticed the Spanish player receives a huge number of line and militia replacements. Also they receive a large number of "goods" replacements. I am wondering if those should have been supply units instead.

Anyway, just an observation.

Looking forward to 1.05

Thanks

Joe

Hmmm. I see nothing in the DB to explain "goods" replacements.. :confused:

Could you zip and upload the saved game?
Please include at least two previous turns [Backup1, Backup2]

Thanks! :thumbsup:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

joe
Lieutenant

Replacements

Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:50 pm

Hi Lodilefty, I checked my saved folder and nothing is there. I don't think I deleted anything but I just got Vista so I'm not sure where things are.

My test of the 1775 scenario went very far beyond the normal end of the game. On average I received 6 Spanish line replacements, 2 militia, 2 arty and 2 unknown replacements ( that used the "goods" icon) per turn.

I tested the 1778 grand scenario and it looked ok. I received 4 Spanish Line and 4 militia for the entire scenario, although the French only received one line replacement. The only odd thing was I was getting 1 USA Art per month.

I do have a question concerning the frequency of replacements. If it has Turn 0, does that mean they are supposed to receive it each month or only once?

Thanks

Joe

lodilefty

Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:01 pm

I do have a question concerning the frequency of replacements. If it has Turn 0, does that mean they are supposed to receive it each month or only once?

If you mean TurnIndex 0, that is January [silly computer: months are 0-11 :blink: ]
[CENTER][/CENTER]

joe
Lieutenant

Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:36 pm

Thanks Lodilefty, I couldn't remember the exact phrase but that's it.

Joe

joe
Lieutenant

Spanish replacements

Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:28 pm

Lodilefty, I thought I would follow-up on my previous post regarding Spanish replacements.

I think I found what caused the two "goods" icon replacements. If you look at the 1776 Campaign events under SpainatWar, go to the SelectRegion = $Yatachez and you will see Replacement = SPA;$Militia;2.

I deleted "Replacement = SPA:$Militia:2" and that eliminated those 2 replacements showing up as "Unknown" on the replacement screen using the "goods" icon.

And just for my own use, to avoid the monthly influx of Spanish replacements,
I added a once a year turn index for the Galvez, Trazabal, SanRamon81 and Caribbean events in the 1776 Campaign events. There is still plenty of replacements doing that.

This is minor stuff but I thought I would just follow-up.

Thanks

Joe

lodilefty

Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:18 pm

joe wrote:Lodilefty, I thought I would follow-up on my previous post regarding Spanish replacements.

I think I found what caused the two "goods" icon replacements. If you look at the 1776 Campaign events under SpainatWar, go to the SelectRegion = $Yatachez and you will see Replacement = SPA;$Militia;2.

I deleted "Replacement = SPA:$Militia:2" and that eliminated those 2 replacements showing up as "Unknown" on the replacement screen using the "goods" icon.

And just for my own use, to avoid the monthly influx of Spanish replacements,
I added a once a year turn index for the Galvez, Trazabal, SanRamon81 and Caribbean events in the 1776 Campaign events. There is still plenty of replacements doing that.

This is minor stuff but I thought I would just follow-up.

Thanks

Joe

Thanks! These wil be fixed in upcoming patch :) :thumbsup:

note: the 'leader replacements' were generated because
$Militia" is not a defined family, and the engine theus defaults to family type = 0, which is Leader !!! :blink:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”