jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Observations &....Bugs?

Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:46 am

Support Units (sapeurs, pontonniers, ambulance,transmission units) are used to suffer combact losses!!!!
Guess, support units should not been envolved in combact actions!

Attempt a sortie special command does not work.
To trigger Sortie a besieged Force must be manualy moved off the besigied structure.

"Fog of War" may be it's not properly working.
In Thames or Danube Scenery, played as French side, I'm able to see Russian Forces deployed hundred of miles deep in enemy controlled territory, (Russia).

I suggest to check reported points.

JastaV

Pocus

Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:35 pm

Supports units are never involved if line units are still there, this is a feature, not a bug.

The sortie order is a conditional order, which will triggers only if you have a relieving force arriving. Otherwise, just drop your stack outside.

The FOW bug is not a bug, it is because you have a leader with Master Spy trait giving you some added knowledge of the whole theater.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:50 pm

Pocus wrote:Supports units are never involved if line units are still there, this is a feature, not a bug.

The sortie order is a conditional order, which will triggers only if you have a relieving force arriving. Otherwise, just drop your stack outside.

The FOW bug is not a bug, it is because you have a leader with Master Spy trait giving you some added knowledge of the whole theater.

Thanks for answering!|
As regard the support units, I was referring to forces including plenty of line-combact units: infantry and cavalry.......It's that that sounds strange: I was assuming infantry and cavalry combat units should absorb combat losses, protecting at the same time support units.

JastaV

Pocus

Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:05 am

Now that I think about it, I remember that in some cases (smaller stacks than your opponent) you can have your support units attacked if the opponent is more numerous.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

FM WarB
Colonel

Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:49 am

Often, when a force loses a battle historically and retreats, the support units, including artillery dont run as fast as infantry and cavalry and thus should be subject to losses.
Of course, if support units include military paychests or loot, the victorious army may stop to loot the loot as at Vittoria, but that's another can of worms :niark:

Return to “Help to improve NCP!”