Rafiki

Online store and download service FAQ

Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:58 pm

[SIZE="3"]Q: Which payment options are available to me?[/size]

A: You can pay with a credit card or through PayPal.

Most standard credit cards are accepted. American Express and Diner's Club are not. Some credit cards from some countries may be rejected (e.g. from CIS) by our bank because they may be considered fraudulent, even if not. In such a case, [email="contact@ageod.com"]send us an email[/email] or use PayPal.

[SIZE="3"]Q: How much does shipping cost?[/size]

A: It depends on where you want it sent (as can be expected with global shipping), but shipping costs are not included in the base price of our games. Our website at http://www.ageod.com allows you evaluate the shipping cost when you place your order.

[SIZE="3"]Q: What is the "Download extension"-option?[/size]

A: This is an option provided so that you can download the game whenever you like the first year after your purchase, useful e.g. if you experience a computer crash without having suitable backups available.

However, please read the next question/answer, since you'll see how having this extension-option can be redundant.

[SIZE="3"]Q: I have my AGEOD game installed on my home computer, but wish that I could play it on my laptop while travelling too. Can I install the game on more than one computer?[/size]

A: Yes, as long as you are the one using the additional computers.

There are two ways you can do this:
  • Copy the entire contents of the directory containing the game to the computer you wish to "spread" the game to.
  • Having kept the install program, simply run the installation on the new computer(s) in the same way you did on the original computer.
In both cases, you use the same serial key for all your installations.

Note that we do not mind if you keep the installation program you downloaded as a backup and as a means of installing on your other/future computers. Once you have purchase the game, it is yours.

[SIZE="3"]Q: How long is my download valid if I don't opt for the extension?[/size]

A: Without the extension, your download will be valid for 7 days after placing your order.

Do not wait to download, it is always safer. In all cases, [email="contact@ageod.com"]contact us[/email] when and if you have problems. We have always provided backup support when necessary.

[SIZE="3"]Q: When I order a boxed set, how long will it ordinarily take to reach me?[/size]

A: In order to keep the shipping cost affordable, we use the postal services. For instance, to the USA, 2 to 3 weeks is rather standard. It usually takes 2-3 days for the parcel to leave France, then US Mail takes over and the time really depends on where you live in America, larger cities usually getting parcels first. Within Europe, it will usually take shorter time than this, though it can vary somewhat from country to country.

[SIZE="3"]Q: What does it mean for AGEOD that I purchase directly from your online shop?[/size]

A: Though our sales partners deserve the shares they get from distributing our games, the fact remains; if you purchase directly from us, a larger part of the proceeds will go to us, and of course, we don't mind that :)

To elaborate, this is the best way to ensure a brighter future for us, giving us the funds to finance the huge wealth of projects we have waiting for you :siffle: . Indeed, we are therefore getting more $ and faster, which is very important for a small company like ours.

[SIZE="3"]Q: The online shop asks for a username and password, but when I use the same as I use for the forum, it doesn't work?[/size]

A: The download service uses a different user database, so you will need to have a separate username and password for it. This doesn't mean it has to be different, though.

[SIZE="3"]Q: Some of the mails I receive and/or pages I access seem to be in French only, but I can't read French?[/size]

A: We are working with the download service provider to ensure that our English-speaking customers are presented with English information. However, some work remains in this area.

In the meantime, in the cases where the page/mail isn't self-evident, we suggest that you either use Google's language tools to translate (though not perfect, it should help you on the way), or post the text here at the forum, where our French-speaking members/moderators can be of help in translating it.

[SIZE="3"]Q: Why am I not able to use my PayPal account to pay for my order, even though the store says it accepts PayPal?[/size]

A: Our online distribution provider requires that PayPal accounts have been verified before they can be used. To learn more about PayPal account verification, please read Paypal's FAQ on the subject.

If you're still having problems, even though your PayPal account has been verified, please read on.

[SIZE="3"]Q: I payed through PayPal, but I have not received any confirmation of the purchase, though it seems to be in order on the PayPal end of it?[/size]

A: The problem here comes from the PayPal interface, at PayPal's website. It is known to happen with other software and other companies in addition to AGEOD. Our download service provider is in contact with PayPal to solve the matter, but this is not going as fast as we had hoped.

In the meanwhile, as long as you have received your PayPal order and invoice, you can consider the order is valid, even if PayPal says it's canceled. You should receive an email from our site that confirms the order. If you haven't within 24 hours, send us the order info and a copy of your purchase invoice from PayPal and we'll send you the download link directly.

[SIZE="3"]Q: I'm stuck. The mails I've received with the purchase receipts don't tell me anything and I'm at a loss as to what I should do now.[/size]

A: First of all, we are sorry to hear that you are in this situation. Second of all, we'll do what we can to fix it for you. Send a mail to contact@ageod.com with all relevant details of your purchase, and you'll hear from us shortly. AGEOD takes great pride in our history of helping all of our customers, so you can rest assured that we will do what we can for you too.

Examples of "relevant details":
  • Original email from us if any
  • Serial number if received
  • PayPal invoice (in case the problem comes from them)
  • At the very least date (and time) of purchase,
  • And of course, your full name, address and email to ensure proper response.
In general, the maximum delay people should have to wait for a reply from contact@ageod.com is 48 hours, except on week-ends (because even if our team does work on week-end, the banks and download provider company do not :p leure: !)

[SIZE="3"]Q: I have a question that isn't answered here. What do I do?[/size]

A: Feel free to post it in this forum. If without response after 48 hours, send an email to contact@ageod.com if the matter is commercial or financial, or to support@ageod.com if technical or game related.

Return to “AGEOD Webshop”