oxford_guy
Corporal

Conditions for promoting?

Fri May 23, 2008 3:25 pm

What are the conditions to be able to promote a leader? When it says "Promotable - Yes" does that mean the leader could be promoted right away? If so, I can't seem to do this - what other conditions must be met before you can promote a leader? Thanks

Bylandt
Conscript

Fri May 23, 2008 4:41 pm

I think "promotable" means "promotable when the conditions are met".

When leaders have engaged in victorious battle there is a chance that they can be promoted if they have enough seniority. What the chances are or what constitutes enough seniority I don't know. I'm curious to know myself.

You have to promote the turn after the battle or the chance is gone. Strange.

Pocus

Fri May 23, 2008 4:46 pm

The leader need to get 4 promotions points or more to be promotable, you can check the starting seniority and current in the element detail panel.

He will lose 1 pt a turn until not promotable - or promoted.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Bylandt
Conscript

Sat May 24, 2008 12:42 am

Pocus wrote:The leader need to get 4 promotions points or more to be promotable, you can check the starting seniority and current in the element detail panel

I do not understand anything of what you just said, dear Pocus.

Anyway, haven't we met before? Didn't you develop some quick fix for a paradox game? I remember being quite impressed.

highpocrisy
Conscript

Sat May 24, 2008 2:01 am

Promotable Yes or No, means whether the general can be promoted at all during the game.Now to promote a "Yes" general you need him to command enough winning battles to lower his seniority by 4 points(beacause the lower the seniority the more prestigues the general is.) So for example after a general with 104 [104] seniority wins enough battles to get to 100 [104] you'll get a message and his name will glow red in the roster(the value in the brackets is his original seniority at the start of the campaign.)Then you just click the promote button and next turn you'll get a message about his new rank and stats.

Pocus

Sat May 24, 2008 7:44 am

Bylandt wrote:I do not understand anything of what you just said, dear Pocus.

Anyway, haven't we met before? Didn't you develop some quick fix for a paradox game? I remember being quite impressed.

are highpocrisy explainations clearer? I can try to rephrase mine also. Or perhaps someone with better english skill can try.

Yes I did an unofficial quick fix for an HOI patch where Paradox had a bug in their savegame procedure about Research items (I even got a thanks from Johan for that!). Strange that you remember that!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Bylandt
Conscript

Sat May 24, 2008 2:15 pm

Pocus wrote:are highpocrisy explainations clearer? I can try to rephrase mine also. Or perhaps someone with better english skill can try.

Yes I did an unofficial quick fix for an HOI patch where Paradox had a bug in their savegame procedure about Research items (I even got a thanks from Johan for that!). Strange that you remember that!

I remember because I was amazed that an "amateur" came up with a solution for a problem that was ruining my game, and in such a short time. Anyway, glad to see a man of your talent employed in the PC games industry. And with Philippe Thibaut no less. I must be one of the few people who bought his original Europa Universalis board game, long ago. Good times.

And yes, highpocrisy's explanation was clear. Thank you.

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”