oxford_guy
Corporal

Why can't Swedish 1* General form a Division?

Wed May 07, 2008 11:11 pm

In the Russo-Swedish Finland scenario, there is a one star Swedish general in Finland, but I can't seem to use him to create a Division no matter what I try. Is this intentional? I thought all one star generals that weren't part of a Brigade could form a Division and the Swedish general in question doesn't seem to be part of a Brigade, as has no units attached. Thanks

Primasprit

Thu May 08, 2008 7:26 am

Hi!

Is is not possible to create the division or can't you enable divisional command for the leader? Is he activated?
It would be also nice if you could be a bit more specific which general you mean. :cwboy:

oxford_guy
Corporal

Thu May 08, 2008 7:59 am

Primasprit wrote:Hi!

Is is not possible to create the division or can't you enable divisional command for the leader? Is he activated?
It would be also nice if you could be a bit more specific which general you mean. :cwboy:

I can't enable divisional command (is greyed out) nor can I select the redploy button, even though its implied I can. This affects General Carl John Adlercreutz in the Russo-Swedish Finland war scenario and also (at least) the British one star general Francis Dundar and the Spanish General Casa Cagigal in the Spanish Ulcer Scenario. Its very frustrating, as it extremely limits my options to reorganise the relevent armies.

Primasprit

Thu May 08, 2008 2:08 pm

Maybe the generals in question are inactive for that turn?

oxford_guy
Corporal

Thu May 08, 2008 4:48 pm

Primasprit wrote:Maybe the generals in question are inactive for that turn?

Does a general have to be active to form a division? A general doesn't have to be active to form a corps.

Primasprit

Thu May 08, 2008 7:11 pm

Yes, they need to be active.

oxford_guy
Corporal

Thu May 08, 2008 10:45 pm

Primasprit wrote:Yes, they need to be active.

Okay, will try again...

Primasprit

Thu May 08, 2008 11:01 pm

Good luck! :)

oxford_guy
Corporal

Thu May 08, 2008 11:39 pm

Aha! It worked! At least for the British General Dundas after he became active, haven't tried to Swedes yet.

BTW the "redeploy leader" button appears to be available, but I haven't managed to get this to work for *any* leader - is this a bug?

oxford_guy
Corporal

Mon May 12, 2008 5:36 pm

oxford_guy wrote:Aha! It worked! At least for the British General Dundas after he became active, haven't tried to Swedes yet.

Also now confirmed for the one star Swedish leader that starts in Finland

[/QUOTE]
BTW the "redeploy leader" button appears to be available, but I haven't managed to get this to work for *any* leader - is this a bug?[/QUOTE]

Can still not seem to get this to work - is the "Redeploy leader" function broken? Thanks

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”