kierun
Conscript

CD or download?

Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:43 am

Will the game in box form contain any "bonus" material not included in the download game?
[SIZE="1"]Nescire autem quid ante quam natus sis acciderit, id est semper esse puerum. Quid enim est aetas hominis, nisi ea memoria rerum veterum cum superiorum aetate contexitur? [color="Indigo"]Marcus Tillius Cicero[/color][/size]

Robert E. Lee
Private

Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:50 am

A printed manual? :siffle:
"It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it"

Henry D.

Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:08 am

Robert E. Lee wrote:A printed manual? :siffle:
...and an already perfectly well pressed DVD in its own solid, easily identifiable box... :siffle:

But apart from that, "I don't think so, Tim!" :nuts:

Regards, Henry

BTW, welcome aboard, both of You. :)
Henry D, also known as "Stauffenberg" @ Strategycon Interactive and formerly (un)known as "whatasillyname" @ Paradox Forums

"Rackers, wollt Ihr ewig leben?" (Rascals, Do You want to live forever?) - Frederick the Great, cursing at his fleeing Grenadiers at the battle of Kunersdorf

"Nee, Fritze, aber für fuffzehn Pfennije is' heute jenuch!" (No, Freddy, but for 15p let's call it a day!) - Retort of one passing Grenadier to the above :sourcil:

kierun
Conscript

Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:37 am

Henry D. wrote:...and an already perfectly well pressed DVD in its own solid, easily identifiable box... :siffle:

So, a printed manual, a DVD and a box. I was kinda hoping for a flag of the Empire or something -- kinda a collector's edition pointless thing that is awesome to own.

By which method does AGEOD get the most cash from the sale?

Henry D. wrote:BTW, welcome aboard, both of You. :)

Thanks.
[SIZE="1"]Nescire autem quid ante quam natus sis acciderit, id est semper esse puerum. Quid enim est aetas hominis, nisi ea memoria rerum veterum cum superiorum aetate contexitur? [color="Indigo"]Marcus Tillius Cicero[/color][/size]

Rafiki

Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:59 am

kierun wrote:By which method does AGEOD get the most cash from the sale?

I'm pretty sure that would be by download, from AGEOD's website :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Robert E. Lee
Private

Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:29 pm

Henry D. wrote:
BTW, welcome aboard, both of You. :)

Thanks
"It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it"

Le Tondu
Sergeant

Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:05 pm

Why does it have to be one or the other?? Shouldn't there be the choice of having both? Example: Download now and the boxed version with the CD and manual gets shipped to me when they're ready.

That's how I purchased AACW from Matrix.

I see no reason to ever stop that.

AGEod?
:)

DirkX
Lieutenant

Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:09 pm

kierun wrote:. I was kinda hoping for a flag of the Empire or something -- kinda a collector's edition pointless thing that is awesome to own.

only ? i hoped for one of napoleone hats ^^

Pocus

Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:22 pm

This would mean we have to ask the retail publishers to make boxes with serial keys and another serie without, as we won't give you 2 keys per buy. And this raise the costs, as publishers are gree ... nice people :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

kierun
Conscript

Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:30 pm

I'm happy to get the download only version if more money goes to AGEOD. However, a cheat sheet would be nice so you can have something printed that you can look at while playing the game. Of course, a good tutorial would help as well.

Pocus

Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:42 pm

Depending of the publisher, a download version can get us more than 3 times as a retail one. So thanks for your special support (but we welcome any players!).

The download version will have the manual in PDF as you can guess, and you will also have in game 3 tutorials, so it is not like you will be lost without info.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

kierun
Conscript

Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:51 pm

Pocus wrote:Depending of the publisher, a download version can get us more than 3 times as a retail one. So thanks for your special support (but we welcome any players!).

That is what I thought. Download it is then.

I assume that you can install the game on more than one computer you own or do you have just one activation key which works for one machine only?

Will you be able to switch the game from English to French? It would be more fun to play in French if you play France and English if you play England. Of course, German if you play Autria would be good but I don't speak German....

Pocus wrote:The download version will have the manual in PDF as you can guess, and you will also have in game 3 tutorials, so it is not like you will be lost without info.

Good. The game looks complex enough.

Merci pour tous!

Clovis

Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:05 pm

I hate buy donwloaded games. I prefer to get physical copies with printed manuals.

With AGEOD, I buy ALWAYS directly here, by download.

Why? because AGEOD needs money to make more games. I want AGEOD to make more games. I choose then what I dislike, the download, because the immediate inconveniance is necessary to get the future goods.

heckler_rider
Corporal

Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:10 pm

The main advantage I see in buying the CD is the printed manual, but due to the AWESOME track record of Philippe (AKA POCUS) :fleurs: , the printed manual quickly become outdated as he continues to develop the game and make changes.

One request for the manual that comes with the download (PDF I assume), please limit the amount of graphics & colors used (black and white text would be fine with me), it makes it much easier/faser/cheaper to print out the manual. I beleve the downloadable v1.05 manual was liike this.

Just a rumor, but I did hear that there will be a special collectors ediditon which will include an authentic leopard saddle blanket from the Empress Dragoons!

Thanks....this is going to be the best game ever although due to the timing, I believe Thanksgiving will have to be postponed - no turket fat on the keyboard!
Rider....watch out for that droppppppp

heckler_rider
Corporal

Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:52 pm

I'm a downloader by the way - immediate gratification! Plus its great to know that more $$$$$$ goes into the hands of the game developers.

Its also much more enviromentally friendly, deleted files decompose much faster than CD's and the plastic cases they come in (not that I will ever stop playing the game!).

Here is a screenshot...Murat leading the charge at Aboukir (please note the Turkish graphics are still beta!)

:turc: :turc: :turc: :turc: :turc:

:dada:

:dada: :dada: :dada: :dada:
Rider....watch out for that droppppppp

Pocus

Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:02 pm

hehe...

Be reassured, the game can be installed on your various personal computers. As long you don't lend the cd to a friend, we are ok with that.

Sol Invictus

Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:17 pm

LOL, I was expecting an Old Guard Bearskin but i would settle for an Imperial Eagle. :gardavou: I also really like a printed manual, but I don't think I would be able to wait for this jewel. I also hate to see Pocus slaving away on an empty stomach. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Henry D.

Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:35 pm

Sol Invictus wrote:LOL, I was expecting an Old Guard Bearskin but i would settle for an Imperial Eagle. :gardavou: I also really like a printed manual, but I don't think I would be able to wait for this jewel. I also hate to see Pocus slaving away on an empty stomach. ;)
Don't fret, we're making sure that he still gets at least one acorn a day to keep him going! :niark:

Regards, Henry :sourcil:
Henry D, also known as "Stauffenberg" @ Strategycon Interactive and formerly (un)known as "whatasillyname" @ Paradox Forums

"Rackers, wollt Ihr ewig leben?" (Rascals, Do You want to live forever?) - Frederick the Great, cursing at his fleeing Grenadiers at the battle of Kunersdorf

"Nee, Fritze, aber für fuffzehn Pfennije is' heute jenuch!" (No, Freddy, but for 15p let's call it a day!) - Retort of one passing Grenadier to the above :sourcil:

Pocus

Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:15 pm

I'm under permanent threat by so many people what's more... :)

kierun
Conscript

Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:26 pm

Pocus wrote:hehe...

Be reassured, the game can be installed on your various personal computers. As long you don't lend the cd to a friend, we are ok with that.

Cool.

I'll show them the game, let them download the demo and point them to the download.

Sol Invictus

Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:20 pm

Oh well, an acorn a day should be plenty if he paces himself. We don't want him getting all fat and happy now do we. :non: The infernal machine should also keep his mind very focused. :eek:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Pocus

Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:11 pm

Forget to answer on the other point: yes all version will have English/French languages. Some volunteers are even doing the German one, which will be available right from the start, but unofficially.

kierun
Conscript

Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:47 am

Pocus wrote:Forget to answer on the other point: yes all version will have English/French languages. Some volunteers are even doing the German one, which will be available right from the start, but unofficially.

Great. Thanks.

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”